IGNORED

Up 2 Places

Johnny Musicworks

No sadly not the team moving up yet but Chairman Steve is, according to the latest Top 100 Football Rich list. Last year at 23 with a mere £370 million he has ridden out the recession well and increased his estimated wealth by £146m to a healthy looking £516m. I know it doesn't help our current predicament but for those doubting our Chairmans judgement of late I think we should worry a little less and have faith that Steve will get us through without any need to panic.

Fair play to him, it shows with a good idea and hard work the world's your oyster.

All these posts on here where our fans are criticing OUR chairman are driving me nuts!!! What is the matter with you people??? The bloke is a honest hard working guy who started his business from a bedroom and is now worth millions. Surely this should be a example to us all, the american dream in Bristol maybe?

Yet he is lambasted on here, not only by the suspicious new comers, but by people who's posts i have been reading over the years who seem like pretty stable individuals. Yet because we are now bottom of the lge we can choose to question his ethics and almost brand him a crook for daring to look after his money, the money that he has and is willing to put in to safeguard our future without the want of adoration or fame. It beggars belief. Yes he has made mistakes, but honest ones, who can say they havent done that? Not many i'd wager. Who can say they have put their own money in to correct those mistakes? Far less i imagine.

So those who are slagging him off answer this, who would you rather have in charge of our club (the club that has to be fast tracking for the prem or it's going backwards in these peoples eyes)

A. The foriegn billionare who fails in getting one of the big clubs and so has to settle for us. Who has to look on the map to find out where Bristol is. Who has no regard for the history and traditions of our club. Who will just up and leave when he is bored without a second thought?

B. A local smalltime business man, with small time ambitions to match, happy for the club to be run on a shoestring, never achiveing anything and going no where. With respect a Dunford if you will.

C. A local boy done good, who want's to give something back. Who doesn't seek the limelight. That will support his decsions and managers and will forever strive to improve the club and peoples perceptions?

I know what i'd vote for. People should be careful what they wish for. In my time i have seen many different people in charge of this club, some well meaning but inept. Steve Lansdown is not a god, he is a bloke that has done well for himself and wants this club to do well for it's self and is backing us sensibly and prudently.

The time will come when Steve Lansdown is no longer the chairman of this club, when that is and what legacy is left behind is up to us. Back him now and we will have a great chance of being self sufficent and healthy, force him out and be prepared for hard times to come.....

I'm against - in principle - rich folk being allowed to pay a teeny proportion of their income in tax through tax 'exile', non-dom status or off-shore banking while the rest of us get 20% or 40% of our hard-earned ackers scraped off by the state.

That said, I think Lansdown is a great chairman and long may he ...etc etc :)

Wealthy Non-Doms come to the UK and are subject to tax on their UK sourced income, or income they remit from overseas to the UK. They are not taxed on capital brought into the UK or on income earned overseas while they are in the UK. they are unlikey to be a drain on the state instead spending money in the UK and helping our economy.

Any UK domiciled and resident individual has to pay tax on worldwide income, which include offshore banking. While UK domiciled individuals like SL pay tax on their UK income wherever they live.

All these posts on here where our fans are criticing OUR chairman are driving me nuts!!! What is the matter with you people??? The bloke is a honest hard working guy who started his business from a bedroom and is now worth millions. Surely this should be a example to us all, the american dream in Bristol maybe?

Yet he is lambasted on here, not only by the suspicious new comers, but by people who's posts i have been reading over the years who seem like pretty stable individuals. Yet because we are now bottom of the lge we can choose to question his ethics and almost brand him a crook for daring to look after his money, the money that he has and is willing to put in to safeguard our future without the want of adoration or fame. It beggars belief. Yes he has made mistakes, but honest ones, who can say they havent done that? Not many i'd wager. Who can say they have put their own money in to correct those mistakes? Far less i imagine.

So those who are slagging him off answer this, who would you rather have in charge of our club (the club that has to be fast tracking for the prem or it's going backwards in these peoples eyes)

A. The foriegn billionare who fails in getting one of the big clubs and so has to settle for us. Who has to look on the map to find out where Bristol is. Who has no regard for the history and traditions of our club. Who will just up and leave when he is bored without a second thought?

B. A local smalltime business man, with small time ambitions to match, happy for the club to be run on a shoestring, never achiveing anything and going no where. With respect a Dunford if you will.

C. A local boy done good, who want's to give something back. Who doesn't seek the limelight. That will support his decsions and managers and will forever strive to improve the club and peoples perceptions?

I know what i'd vote for. People should be careful what they wish for. In my time i have seen many different people in charge of this club, some well meaning but inept. Steve Lansdown is not a god, he is a bloke that has done well for himself and wants this club to do well for it's self and is backing us sensibly and prudently.

The time will come when Steve Lansdown is no longer the chairman of this club, when that is and what legacy is left behind is up to us. Back him now and we will have a great chance of being self sufficent and healthy, force him out and be prepared for hard times to come.....

100% agree

The amount of hypocrites there must be on this thread.

Of course, you all love paying tax. You love all the increases. I bet you pay your council tax on time every month and ensure you always have a tv license...etc...

Nobody "loves" paying tax, but it's a necessity if you want a stable, orderly, society.

People who evade tax (note, I am talking about crooks, not SL) are cheating everybody else, in my opinion.

Wealthy Non-Doms come to the UK and are subject to tax on their UK sourced income, or income they remit from overseas to the UK. They are not taxed on capital brought into the UK or on income earned overseas while they are in the UK. they are unlikey to be a drain on the state instead spending money in the UK and helping our economy.

Any UK domiciled and resident individual has to pay tax on worldwide income, which include offshore banking. While UK domiciled individuals like SL pay tax on their UK income wherever they live.

Non-dom status - which can be claimed on the basis of a 'state of mind' - provides for you to keep vast chunks more of your income than your next-door neighbours -despite the fact that you use the same services as them. That is plain wrong. You can also be a non-dom for years. How is that benefitting the UK exchequer?

Aside from that, there are more loopholes to our tax system than there are in city's defence at the moment, as well you know.

Only last night, I was in the pub with three guys - each driving new 4x4s - who all told me they pay no taxes at all. Nor do most farmers, I understand.

It's time we sorted out this country's finances by insisting that people pay their fair share.

I and many on here are 'Ordinary blokes/gals' most of us pay our taxes and that is no different from 'Steve' ...... there may well be those on here that are critisised for it........... my point being most of us pay tax and the fact that 'Steve' pays more does not make him a better bloke than the rest of us peasant girls & boys...... many of whom are just as successful in there own way as our super rich chairman.

There is nothing wrong in being successful but don't demean the rest of society because they are not as rich.................. without the peasants steve would never have become rich(?) and many of them probably work 15 times as hard as our chairman but never have anything like as much reward for their efforts........... whether anyone is saying it or not.

WE ALL DIE............ Fill Yer Boots !

And Steve makes poor decisions just like the rest of us......... believe me.......................................... we are all judged by others so don't give me any crap about it

I'm not giving you any crap , just pointing out what you have subsequently reiterated that you appear to have a problem with someone who has been successful dare I say have a bit of chip about it. You nor I know how hard Landsdown worked for his wealth but if as we are lead to beleive it started in a bedroom I would suggest that to achieve what he and his business partner have involved considerable amount of very hard work.

I dont know where the "peasant" adjective has got to do with this, just perhaps another illustration that having wealth to you is a problem. And you appear not to be juding Steve Landsdown on his decisions but becuase he has wealth?

Archived