IGNORED

Up 2 Places

Johnny Musicworks

No sadly not the team moving up yet but Chairman Steve is, according to the latest Top 100 Football Rich list. Last year at 23 with a mere £370 million he has ridden out the recession well and increased his estimated wealth by £146m to a healthy looking £516m. I know it doesn't help our current predicament but for those doubting our Chairmans judgement of late I think we should worry a little less and have faith that Steve will get us through without any need to panic.

Wow - i didn't know tax dodging was so profitable!

What a ludicrous post - SL's wealth has been created through hard work - he employs 600 people in bristol and is the chairman that many other clubs would die for. Why should he not move to Guernsey - its not tax dodging its relocating.

What a ludicrous post - SL's wealth has been created through hard work - he employs 600 people in bristol and is the chairman that many other clubs would die for. Why should he not move to Guernsey - its not tax dodging its relocating.

Why is it ludicrous, is it not true ? Thought we're all meant to be in this together.

My family have plenty of self employed workers.

My mother was a senior investment administrator, on contract, for Chase Manhatton, in NYC, Barcelona and London. Our family has banked tax free with Barclays on the Isle Of Man and other places.

Give you a for instance, we bought Aussi $'s at 45 cents US$, they are now worth 98cents, more than double the money. We bought gold at USD $245, its now over $1200. With the right information there's good money to be made in banking and Investment.

I dislike the term hard work. Most people, I'me talking about 90% of workers, turn up and perform a task, they do not work hard or work their butts off, the wages are the same. The top 10% are go getters on salary or self employed owners who want to get ahead and succeed.

SL et al obviously has a good team and system working for him and as usual once the first million in cash is made, the following millions come quicker. I would not be surprised to see SL at a Billion pounds in 2/3 years.

I mentioned in another thread that BCFC was SL's hobby/ passion, similar to other rich men breeding and racing horses. I hope City remain his passion, he is obviously not a man who contemplates losing and I am sure that League 1 and trips to Exeter are far from his objective.

I hope Milly & Wiggles get it right, as I genuinely believe they are good guys who want to succeed, likewise the squad. I genuinely believe we have a dozen players we could do without, but thats another story.

No sadly not the team moving up yet but Chairman Steve is, according to the latest Top 100 Football Rich list. Last year at 23 with a mere £370 million he has ridden out the recession well and increased his estimated wealth by £146m to a healthy looking £516m. I know it doesn't help our current predicament but for those doubting our Chairmans judgement of late I think we should worry a little less and have faith that Steve will get us through without any need to panic.

We are all totally behind our God SL.

I just think cut our losses and pay off KM. We gave the chance and it didn't work.

I am a great believer in promoting from outside.

KM is far to friendly with the team, and has history with some players who resent him.

He is called Mr. nice guy in football. We want an experienced manager with fresh ideals. Not a manager who just stands there with his arms crossed and having love chats with his number 2.

Get Alan Curbishley, before somebody else does!

I just think cut our losses and pay off KM. We gave the chance and it didn't work.

KM is far to friendly with the team, and has history with some players who resent him.

He is called Mr. nice guy in football. We want an experienced manager with fresh ideals. Not a manager who just stands there with his arms crossed and having love chats with his number 2.

Why not Steve Coppell i hear he's good....

he's given millen more time to turn it round which i read as,

You've got 3 games to sort this mess out and get the team performing or I will replace you,

Millen is in a win win against Cardiff as 98% of the fans expect a battering so if we get a point or at least an improvement in performance then its + + but,

Reading is a 3 point and QPR must be at least a point with performances to go with those matchs,

if the next 3 game continues in the vane as norwich coventry and watford then I just can't see millen keep his job,

I want him out btw but just giving my views on how Lansdown sees it

It is tax dodging but he has every right to do it he moved there after the 50% tax thing came in he is a postion to do it, fair shout to him.

Being so 'totally behind' Steve Lansdown, surely you shouldn't then tell him exactly what we need, thus criticising SL's decision to be patient with Keith Millen and give him a little more time. As for the 'Get Curbs before someone else does' comment.. how long has he been out of work now? Would hardly say there's a rush for the man.

Why is it ludicrous, is it not true ? Thought we're all meant to be in this together.

Well Steve has pumped hundreds of millions into the economy and his personal and businesses paid enough tax to probably keep a decent sized hospital running over a decade. So how about you Economou - what are you contributing to the economy that you feel in a position to criticise him ?

My family have plenty of self employed workers.

My mother was a senior investment administrator, on contract, for Chase Manhatton, in NYC, Barcelona and London. Our family has banked tax free with Barclays on the Isle Of Man and other places.

Give you a for instance, we bought Aussi $'s at 45 cents US$, they are now worth 98cents, more than double the money. We bought gold at USD $245, its now over $1200. With the right information there's good money to be made in banking and Investment.

I dislike the term hard work. Most people, I'me talking about 90% of workers, turn up and perform a task, they do not work hard or work their butts off, the wages are the same. The top 10% are go getters on salary or self employed owners who want to get ahead and succeed.

SL et al obviously has a good team and system working for him and as usual once the first million in cash is made, the following millions come quicker. I would not be surprised to see SL at a Billion pounds in 2/3 years.

I mentioned in another thread that BCFC was SL's hobby/ passion, similar to other rich men breeding and racing horses. I hope City remain his passion, he is obviously not a man who contemplates losing and I am sure that League 1 and trips to Exeter are far from his objective.

I hope Milly & Wiggles get it right, as I genuinely believe they are good guys who want to succeed, likewise the squad. I genuinely believe we have a dozen players we could do without, but thats another story.

I'm really struggling to see the point of this post. It feels to me that you are simply bragging about how much money you've got, or am I missing something?

Well Steve has pumped hundreds of millions into the economy and his personal and businesses paid enough tax to probably keep a decent sized hospital running over a decade. So how about you Economou - what are you contributing to the economy that you feel in a position to criticise him ?

Not sure what facts you're using to base your initial comment on.

What you're saying then is we're all in this together apart from some mega rich who choose not to be.

In response to the last point, I'm quite happy to pay my tax which I assume plays a small part in keeping the econom(ou)y ticking over. Would imagine I'd feel the same whatever my income/fortune.

Are you all related to SL and waiting for a family windfall? The SL love in makes me want to puke!

Well Hicks and Gillette will be available shortly if you would prefer?????

I would suggest it sensiable gratitude rather than a "love in". Its a shame that a self made success story is such an offence, perhaps he should be on benifits and be one of the boys :disapointed2se:

Plus he has paid more tax already in his life than most of us put together.

Now come on........................ that demeans the ordinary bloke or woman in the street that pays tax

If you make more you should pay more..... simple as....

Just paying more does not make you a better person and we all die in the end rich or poor.

Now come on........................ that demeans the ordinary bloke or woman in the street that pays tax

If you make more you should pay more..... simple as....

Just paying more does not make you a better person and we all die in the end rich or poor.

I really dont think anyone is saying that, its just the seggestion almost that he it getting away with something...almost like he is doing a cash in hand job, of course no one reading this has ever done that have they???

Steve Landsdown is an ordinary bloke, who has done the best he can, and yet he gets criticsed for it....well thats what 13 years of everyone being equal but not everyone having to work for it I guess.

If he makes a poor decsion in someones opinion running the football club then thats fair game but I hardly think he should be criticised for beign succesful in business, that just looks like the green eye. And I'm working class and proud.

I'm against - in principle - rich folk being allowed to pay a teeny proportion of their income in tax through tax 'exile', non-dom status or off-shore banking while the rest of us get 20% or 40% of our hard-earned ackers scraped off by the state.

That said, I think Lansdown is a great chairman and long may he ...etc etc :)

In fairness to him he will continue to pay tax on the uk based companies. N.I for the staff cooperate tax on the profits etc. I suspect the majority of his wealth is tied up in the companies (uk plc), so the only tax he will avoid is the tax on the income he pays himself (dividends will also still be taxable). A fair wack going to the tax man. Think we gotta bigger issues to deal with around tax dodging benefit frauds/ free loading than worrying about Mr lansdown looking after his personal rights. Im pretty sure we would all do the same in his position!

I really dont think anyone is saying that, its just the seggestion almost that he it getting away with something...almost like he is doing a cash in hand job, of course no one reading this has ever done that have they???

Steve Landsdown is an ordinary bloke, who has done the best he can, and yet he gets criticsed for it....well thats what 13 years of everyone being equal but not everyone having to work for it I guess.

If he makes a poor decsion in someones opinion running the football club then thats fair game but I hardly think he should be criticised for beign succesful in business, that just looks like the green eye. And I'm working class and proud.

I and many on here are 'Ordinary blokes/gals' most of us pay our taxes and that is no different from 'Steve' ...... there may well be those on here that are critisised for it........... my point being most of us pay tax and the fact that 'Steve' pays more does not make him a better bloke than the rest of us peasant girls & boys...... many of whom are just as successful in there own way as our super rich chairman.

There is nothing wrong in being successful but don't demean the rest of society because they are not as rich.................. without the peasants steve would never have become rich(?) and many of them probably work 15 times as hard as our chairman but never have anything like as much reward for their efforts........... whether anyone is saying it or not.

WE ALL DIE............ Fill Yer Boots !

And Steve makes poor decisions just like the rest of us......... believe me.......................................... we are all judged by others so don't give me any crap about it

Why do you call him god?

He is a mate and a fellow City fan.

Nothing less than that.

Archived