IGNORED

City Vs Leicester City Fa Cup 4th Round

Sniper

Just been watching this on youtube trying to cheer myself up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jktrpwl28-o

What a day out that was. Penned in the far corner jumping up and down singing 'Brian Little She's a ******'

Forgot how quick Bent actually was, and what a good keeper Leaning was.

Motty was doing the commentrary and who can forget his 'DZIEKANOWSKI was on a different planet today' quote.

Happy Days :clapping:

DID YOU GO?

How odd does it seem watching defenders passing it back to the GK and him picking it up now.

Was that Juniors finest day in a City shirt? Other than scoring against the gas on his last day for us?

I was brought up in Leicestershire and until this game I don't remember us having much luck against Leicester and me taking a lot of abuse from all the Leicester fans at school. I arranged to meet up with some old friends after this game so there was a lot at stake. It was a fantastic day and for some reason is often mentioned as a top 3 or 5 game for City fans who were there, although it was only a 4th round game. I remember that we were not fancied, yet Junior and Jacki were outstanding. It helped make up for 18 years of being the only Bristol City fan in a school of Leicester fans and a scattering of Liverpool fans (no Chelsea, MU or Arsenal). Fortunately for me we've had better luck against Leicester in more recent years.

I loved Jacki! When I was at uni in Bristol I used to take 5 non-city mates to Ashton gate every home game. When Jacki left they stopped coming. Wouldn't it be great to have some entertainment like that these days.

yeah remmember radio bristol sayin it was called off so we actually drove to the gate first to ask em if it was on..

Funny how your mind plays tricks though it was junior that crossed for the second! remmember motd saying afterwards that jackie would be a household name. worked with some polish guys a few years back said he was the polish george best!

The difference between the team then and now AIZLEWOOD, MORGAN AND LLEWELLYN 3 hardnuts who would play with there shirts ripped off for city not like the overpaid lazy lot who just do not care now! may sound oldschool but they wouldnt just bend over and take it like this lot now!

yep me too - great day, great performance and away atmosphere - all sorts getting chucked at us by the home fans and local plod very heavy handed in the stadium. Seem to remember Tony Robinson who was in the seats on the right going mental at them !! Truly one to remember..oh for the smell of a decent terrace once more..

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

To all above thanks for the storys of that great great away day. I'll never ever forget it!

To me that was football, and proper football at that. When players cared about their clubs more than their hair being out of place, or what their salary was!

They were proud to wear the shirt more than being proud about what car they had parked in the car park.

As it is I doubt I can ever get that football feeling back like it was back then, natched up in the East End, and cracking away days.

It all seems a bit plastic, money driven and false now adays.

I feel sorry for all the fans that may never get to feel what us oldies (well 40 and over) had!

I hope I'm wrong and it will change.

I've watched that game at least 4 times today and the hair on the back of my neck still stands up. God we were noisy!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::trumpet:

The difference between the team then and now AIZLEWOOD, MORGAN AND LLEWELLYN 3 hardnuts who would play with there shirts ripped off for city not like the overpaid lazy lot who just do not care now! may sound oldschool but they wouldnt just bend over and take it like this lot now!

here here. Never really rated those players that highly at the time but compared to now it does seem they would have broken a leg for the cause. And it's not rose tinted spectacles.

One thing that strikes me today is how many goals have been scored from free kicks when defenders step out of harms way.... Seen it several times this season already. The ball is like a gas station beach ball for gods sake what is wrong with these whimps. That never used to happen yrs ago and back then they got paid 50 quid a week. Disgraceful.

I was there, brilliant day out.

The terracing beneath the two tiered stand was jam packed with City, and the single tiered stand down the right seem to be all City too.

We all thought the game was cancelled whilst waiting for the CATS coaches, and somebody from the club phoned Leicester and announced that the game was still on - there was an almighty cheer from the fans waiting for the CATS coaches and the day just got better from then on.

I was there, my abiding memory apart from the result was being punched in the face by a gestapo policeman for the horrendous crime of bouncing about on the terrace after one of our goals. Other great away games of that era for me were Birmingham and Swansea. Good times.

I remember that game brilliant atmosphere with us sharing the away end with Leicester fans if I remember rightly? Think there was a divide between both sets of fans. Proper away ground not like the Walkers "bowl". I was surprised to see Little was managing Gainsborough Town last season (which is not far from where I live). Just goes to show how times change!!

Yes was a great day ,met up with my mates at the Robins about 8 oclock ,was worried it would be called off .Got invited into pub which to my surprise was serving booze ,had a couple of lagers, before finally setting off in our beaten up old mini bus .What a great atmosphere in the ground ,felt there was something special about to happen ,don,t know why just had that feeling.Great game as everyone knows ,still have it on VHS ,even caught myself on there singing my heart out after first goal .Of course Motty made that statement in the commentary "Dziekanowski isnt just from another country he is from another planet".Brilliant

Archived