IGNORED

Brett Pitman

BITW

I'm sure pitman would score the chances that came his way, problem is we don't create any,and haven't created any for about 2 seasons now, so might aswel put my nan up there for what difference it would make.

Brett gets those sort of goals, you know the ones where the ball is bouncing around in the box or off players.

Thing is we have to get those sort of balls into the box first without the otherside just defending properly and nipping down the other end to score in our goal :)

I would like to see him start Saturday. I have high hopes for him and just think he needs playing time to find his feet at this level. Hardly going to adapt by sitting on the bench is he?

I was working in Bournemouth recently and got chatting to a lad who basically said he should be fine at this level as he is such a natural goal scorer. Takes the majority of his chances etc...

In fairness, Millen has a tough job choosing the team. No line up or formation seems to prevent us from getting hammered at the moment. 4-4-2 hasn't exactly worked for us in recent times, but after recent results it surely couldn't make us any worse. No chance of this team starting but I would go with:

James

Ribs, Carey, Caulker, Fonts (flat back four, the thought of McAllister vs Bellamy makes me shudder!)

Adomah, Skuse, Johnson, Rose

Stead, Pitman

Three points please City! (I wont hold my breath shutup.gif)

that team would get absolutely hammered. Away to arguably the best side in the division with the best attacking quartet outside the prem, and you want to play with 2 wide men, 2 strikers and a player who can't tackle or head?

this team would perhaps work against the lesser teams in the division, but Cardiff away? If millen chooses this side he should be sacked before kick off.

how many assists in open play has Lee Johnson ever made?

exactly right. What amazes me is the amount of people who seem to think Lee Johnson is "the answer" to our lack of creativity. Some people have very short memories.

The Lee Johnson scenario reminds me of the Joe Cole/England scenario.....when he is out the team, people are crying out for him, but when he is in the team, he offers very little.

We can keep rotating players around, we can keep trying new formations.....we can bring Gavin Williams back, we can give Lee Johnson a go.....the fact is these players have proved time and time again, they are not good enough.

that team would get absolutely hammered. Away to arguably the best side in the division with the best attacking quartet outside the prem, and you want to play with 2 wide men, 2 strikers and a player who can't tackle or head?

this team would perhaps work against the lesser teams in the division, but Cardiff away? If millen chooses this side he should be sacked before kick off.

God forbid we actually try to attack a team!

I hate this back five we play with 'wing backs'. It may work if we had players capable of defending.

I would probably say swap Marv with Johnson to add some more steel since LJ wont get near Olifinjana . Two wide men is debatable away from home I agree.

Just feel the system needs a shake up based on recent results/performances. As for strikers, doesn't really matter who we play. They will just be jumping for long balls all match!

That is a bit harsh on Skuse, he can sometimes tackle when he is sliding around on the ground, although it usually takes him 5 minutes to adjust his shin pad and get back up. Agree that he can't head though.

Archived