IGNORED

Brett Pitman

BITW

I would like to see him start Saturday. I have high hopes for him and just think he needs playing time to find his feet at this level. Hardly going to adapt by sitting on the bench is he?

I was working in Bournemouth recently and got chatting to a lad who basically said he should be fine at this level as he is such a natural goal scorer. Takes the majority of his chances etc...

In fairness, Millen has a tough job choosing the team. No line up or formation seems to prevent us from getting hammered at the moment. 4-4-2 hasn't exactly worked for us in recent times, but after recent results it surely couldn't make us any worse. No chance of this team starting but I would go with:

James

Ribs, Carey, Caulker, Fonts (flat back four, the thought of McAllister vs Bellamy makes me shudder!)

Adomah, Skuse, Johnson, Rose

Stead, Pitman

Three points please City! (I wont hold my breath shutup.gif)

I would like to see him start Saturday. I have high hopes for him and just think he needs playing time to find his feet at this level. Hardly going to adapt by sitting on the bench is he?

I was working in Bournemouth recently and got chatting to a lad who basically said he should be fine at this level as he is such a natural goal scorer. Takes the majority of his chances etc...

In fairness, Millen has a tough job choosing the team. No line up or formation seems to prevent us from getting hammered at the moment. 4-4-2 hasn't exactly worked for us in recent times, but after recent results it surely couldn't make us any worse. No chance of this team starting but I would go with:

James

Ribs, Carey, Caulker, Fonts (flat back four, the thought of McAllister vs Bellamy makes me shudder!)

Stead, Pitman

I have been saying that back 4 for weeks! Fontaine is a better left back than McCallister and Ribeiro is certainly the best right back at the club ... none of this wing back rubbish anymore.

Wont Bellamy be playing left wing ? If so would be interesting to see him v Ribs as I assume that would happen a fair bit in wales traning sessions

A bit of good news for you chaps is that Michael Chopra might have to settle for a place on the bench, due to lack of match fitness.

Probably line up like this:

Heaton

McNaughton

Hudson

Gyepes

Naylor

Burke

Olofinjana

Koumas

Whittingham

Bellamy

Bothroyd

:dancing6: Frightening is an understatement, wouldn't you agree?

A bit of good news for you chaps is that Michael Chopra might have to settle for a place on the bench, due to lack of match fitness.

Heaton

McNaughton

Hudson

Gyepes

Naylor

Burke

Olofinjana

Koumas

Whittingham

Bellamy

Bothroyd

:fastasleep:

Heaton

McNaughton

Hudson

Gyepes

Naylor

Burke

Olofinjana

Koumas

Whittingham

Bellamy

Bothroyd

On paper you should DESTROY us the way we've been playing.

Thankfully though football is played on grass. Lets hope our lads raise their game for the 'derby'.

"On paper you should DESTROY us the way we've been playing.

Thankfully though football is played on grass. Lets hope our lads raise their game for the 'derby'. "

"TBF That is a scary line up, but footballs a funny old game boyo... "

Indeed, we should've destroyed Crystal Palace the other week but flattered to deceive and deserved to lose in the end. The players will be focused though, the calm headed Dave Jones shall make sure. :worship2:

Heaton

McNaughton

Hudson

Gyepes

Naylor

Burke

Olofinjana

Koumas

Whittingham

Bellamy

Bothroyd

:dancing6:Frightening is an understatement, wouldn't you agree?

But not as frightening as your club's debt.

James

Stead, Pitman

As much as I'd like to see Pitman get a decent chance I reckon 4-5-1 on Saturday, with the same line up bar Pitman and Elliott filling the fifth midfield slot and I'd have Stead up top on his own. I think they need to stifle Cardiff's width and five in midfield should do that if you've got four behind you. We've had it many times in League One were teams come to stifle us and I would suggest we go over there and do exactly that and Saturday and possibly sneak a late victory.....................

James

Stead, Pitman

He's had a couple of good chances so far but hasn't even hit the target yet, also I fear those two up front lack the pace to trouble defences at this level. Would rather have Haynes alongside Stead.

I sort of like your team but would rather have Elliott for Skuse as Marv & LJ work well together.

Also not sure about Fonts against Bellamy, remember how Reading took him apart at LB a couple of years ago, I'd stick with Macca and his experience.

I fear for Pitman or any "natural goalscorer" who plays for City.

We just don't create chances, get behind teams or get decent balls in the box.

How many of Maynards goals last season were scored naturally?

He's had a couple of good chances so far but hasn't even hit the target yet, also I fear those two up front lack the pace to trouble defences at this level. Would rather have Haynes alongside Stead.

I sort of like your team but would rather have Elliott for Skuse as Marv & LJ work well together.

Also not sure about Fonts against Bellamy, remember how Reading took him apart at LB a couple of years ago, I'd stick with Macca and his experience.

To be fair I forgot Haynes. Seems to be getting overlooked by Millen atm. Fair point about Marv, just dont want to see him and Skuse together. Complete lack of creativity.

Have to disagree re. Macca, I fear for us every time someone gets close to him.

totally agree with u there. nicky were natural corkers though but i know what your saying, i dont want to say it but thats down to the midfield again

were that desperate that lee j is the answer to all our prayers, as for gavin williams being shite, he did have a period of 10 or 12 games season before last, and was getting in some verygood performances, hes never realy had a good run, anyway yeah, lee is are most creative player, i still wouldnt play him in this one, its negativity for me, a proper 5 at the back, narrow midfield and stead to hold it up, haynes to run in behind

james

ribs,caulker,carey,nyatanga,fonts

albert,elliott,skuse

haynes,stead

i know its very negative but we are realy that bad at the moment, a point in this one is the best we can expect.

Heaton

McNaughton

Hudson

Gyepes

Naylor

Burke

Olofinjana

Koumas

Whittingham

Bellamy

Bothroyd

There are a few players there that most clubs in the championship would love to have but sadly most clubs couldn't afford them. It's lucky that your such a well run financially sound club and can afford them!

James

Stead, Pitman

Sorry, but we've seen over the past couple of years how LJ can't play in 4-4-2. If we play 3 in centre mid then maybe, but i really think we're clutching at straws here. I would swap Johnson for Cisse and then either leave it as it is in a 4-4-2 or swap Haynes in for Pitman, tuck Rose in on the left and play 4-3-3. What we need is a bit of stability and for 2 of our midfielders to park up infront of the back 4, offering nothing but protection- especially across to the full backs. Then give your attacking 4 license to roam and not wory so much about defence. If Baaaadiff attack down the left one CM goes across to help out Ribs, with one holding the centre and vide versa on the other side. It's not rocket science and plays to the strengths of our squad

To be fair I forgot Haynes. Seems to be getting overlooked by Millen atm.

I don't know if that is the case. He only missed the Norwich game to be with his partner who had gone into labour, I'm sure he would have featured otherwise. Apart from that he was a late sub against Portsmouth and played over half the Burnley game where I think he was said to have been one of the better players? Obviously that was after coming back from a few weeks out injured.

As for Lee Johnson in midfield, he may not be the answer but he might be one of the better solutions. I'm not sure about Cisse yet, but I've only seen him once and that was instantly forgettable. Skuse hasn't been himself for quite a while yet and Elliott hasn't been great for a long time, although there are occasional glimpses. So lee may pass sideways and backwards as someone else said, but we have to get the ball first not just be walked through or fired over the top of.

Cardiff is always a tough game and not one you want in this form,however if we do get something it will be a huge boost and will kickstart our season. I'll take 0-0 now.

Absolutely spot on !!

I think from 21 goals, Maynard had to make 18 of them himself. Of the other 3, Hartley set them up !!

I don't know if that is the case. He only missed the Norwich game to be with his partner who had gone into labour, I'm sure he would have featured otherwise. Apart from that he was a late sub against Portsmouth and played over half the Burnley game where I think he was said to have been one of the better players? Obviously that was after coming back from a few weeks out injured.

As for Lee Johnson in midfield, he may not be the answer but he might be one of the better solutions. I'm not sure about Cisse yet, but I've only seen him once and that was instantly forgettable. Skuse hasn't been himself for quite a while yet and Elliott hasn't been great for a long time, although there are occasional glimpses. So lee may pass sideways and backwards as someone else said, but we have to get the ball first not just be walked through or fired over the top of.

Cardiff is always a tough game and not one you want in this form,however if we do get something it will be a huge boost and will kickstart our season. I'll take 0-0 now.

Skuse hasn't seemed the same since he got married :whistle2:

Archived