IGNORED

Miners

Danny P

No I agree with him, the media has an annoying habit of focussing on small scale stories they know will go down well (like some men stuck in a hole) instead of reporting important matters like the thousands of kids dying in third world countries..

I agree with your point to some degree. Remember that ****ing whale that was stuck up the Thames and Sky and BBC news ran with it non-stop for 24 hours? Overkill, or what? That said, this particular story was quite amazing and I was glad to see an uplifting story for once. You are right though about all these problems in the third world and the media seem to run with non-event stories, like celebrities' marriage problems, etc ... Who gives a flying **** who Simon Cowell is dating?

Agree with you there....you only had to see the kids faces when their dads came out, amazing story and deserved coverage.

Ciderhider is right, yes there are tragic stories of starvation, death, torture etc from all over the world, so why did the media focus on this one event ?

But Us and Them is also right. This was a dramatic, emotional , tear-jerking story of human tragedy (and possibly poor management at the mine) followed by an amazing endeavour to get those guys out of there and I for one was transfixed by this.

Of all the heroic stories coming out of this, for me, The Main Man is that rescue expert who was the first to descend in the capsule (knowing he might not ever come back) and he was the last man to get lifted out.

Could we hope for similar heroics from our lads in Cardiif on Saturday ?

Hope so.

Agree with you there....you only had to see the kids faces when their dads came out, amazing story and deserved coverage.

Of course its good news, we heard of what happened and we are now happy they are safe. Its just interesting to see how the current media operates these days. I mean, without the media we would not have known about this.How many of you are overjoyed about tales of conquest you never knew about? And upset about shocking stories that never got reported?

It does make a change so see a happy news story, but the only reason the media reported it and caped out for weeks was becuase there was an epic chance of a tragic outcome, they are hawkers, praying on our emotions to make profit. You call it the storie of the decade, I call it irrelevant

Archived