IGNORED

Cardiff Match Thread

Martyn Hocking

A few of you have mentioned Cardiff fans coming over to gloat. I am a Cardiff fan but I am not here to wind anyone up or gloat. Just want to wish you good luck for the rest of the season. I couldn't make it today but from the radio it sounded like an end to end game in which Cardiff had the better 2nd half and took advantage.

Like I said, great game.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I am positive that you are in a false position right now and you will begin to climb the table. :)

I have been struggling to think of a worse City defence in my very long time watching them. So far I have not come up with one. :disapointed2se:

Try the one in John Ward's team (subsequently Lennie Bennartson's) that got relegated from this level in their first season after promotion: that ought to do it. This lot are pretty bad, but they were even worse. I don't think I've ever seen defending like it, before or since. The 6-0 defeat at home to Wolves (or maybe 6-1; I have largely repressed the memory) was every bit as painful as last season's Cardiff debacle.

There are certain disturbing parallels, in fact. Our scoring record, as I recall, at least during the first half of the season, was very respectable that year and some of the football we played wasn't bad, but we couldn't defend for love or money. (And the change of manager didn't make a scrap of difference, by the way.)

This team and its manager simply aint good enough. Players out of their depth, journeyman players and several over the hill.

we are gonna struggle unless quite a significant change happens. Millen aint good enough as a manager. Defensively speaking,Carey is dire, Mcallister is past his best, Fontaine is somewhat less than impressive, and the other defender aint ever gonna be a City player, and he doesnt even play a Welsh international, who has been at our club for a few years!!!! WTF???

We have zero comma zero creativity in midfield, even the solitary one we do have simply aint Championship quality.

Little quality being put into our bloated strikeforce, who any of um lit the division up yet.

The solitary good point of our season so far is Albert, the guy is a star, and the two loan players are close to his ability.

Millens excuses should be interesting, and if he bitches about the ref again I'll scream!!! You cant keep blaming lousy refs!

Hey Bucks

I am amazed that Ribiero didn't start... Adomah, Caulken, Rose are the only other quality players at the moment...

We need one leader at the back not two and I'm not convinced its either James or Carey...

I would be inclined to play Gerkin Ribeiro Caulken Fontaine McAlister Rose Elliot Skuse Adamoah Stead Clarkson on Tuesday and make Skuse captain...

Also we need to be looking for two more good players......A left Back and a Midfielder that can get a goal and make a little bit happen.

Thats where you're wrong. They're MY team, whatever happens. You carry on getting all flustered to prove how much you "love" City, You CHOSE to support them remember. 25 games to go and we will NOT be relegated this year. Quote me on that by the way.

we are not going to get relegated this year? really? on what evidence?

The first goal was onside. TV replays at halftime confirmed this.

On another day Cardiff could have scored ten.about.

really? Then maybe our defence wasn't as bad as the gloaters are making out? Of course it's disappointing to lose, but before the game most people seem to have been expecting us to be thrashed. We weren't. Today was always a probable defeat; the important thing is how many points we get from Reading and qpr. 6 points fantastic, 4 points excellent, 2 disappointing, less than 2 and I'll admit for the first time that we're in trouble.

Try the one in John Ward's team (subsequently Lennie Bennartson's) that got relegated from this level in their first season after promotion: that ought to do it. This lot are pretty bad, but they were even worse. I don't think I've ever seen defending like it, before or since. The 6-0 defeat at home to Wolves (or maybe 6-1; I have largely repressed the memory) was every bit as painful as last season's Cardiff debacle.

There are certain disturbing parallels, in fact. Our scoring record, as I recall, at least during the first half of the season, was very respectable that year and some of the football we played wasn't bad, but we couldn't defend for love or money. (And the change of manager didn't make a scrap of difference, by the way.)

I reckon there's little to choose, though Cardiff was of course followed by letting 5 in against Donny. Incidentally the difference between Ward and Millen is thet Ward knew, and said, he was out of his depth. Of course we went down that year with a 20 goal striker, so the return of Maynard is unilkely to make any difference I suspect. Millen seems to regard it as ok for him to learn on the job while taking us down by contrast. As to replacing the manager, I would hope Steve would not go for a Benny type.:fingerscrossed:

really? Then maybe our defence wasn't as bad as the gloaters are making out? Of course it's disappointing to lose, but before the game most people seem to have been expecting us to be thrashed. We weren't. Today was always a probable defeat; the important thing is how many points we get from Reading and qpr. 6 points fantastic, 4 points excellent, 2 disappointing, less than 2 and I'll admit for the first time that we're in trouble.

What? You must be the only BCFC supporter not admitting we are in very serious trouble right now.

I did say at half time we would lose. So easy to predict at the moment. And for those who say we have played well and will turn a corner now- weren't we saying the same thing after Doncaster away, S****horpe away and Portsmouth away? I'll believe it when I see it.

We now need a minimum of 44 points from 35 games. Worrying.

Hey Bucks

I am amazed that Ribiero didn't start... Adomah, Caulken, Rose are the only other quality players at the moment...

We need one leader at the back not two and I'm not convinced its either James or Carey...

I would be inclined to play Gerkin Ribeiro Caulken Fontaine McAlister Rose Elliot Skuse Adamoah Stead Clarkson on Tuesday and make Skuse captain...

Also we need to be looking for two more good players......A left Back and a Midfielder that can get a goal and make a little bit happen.

Oxo, agree with everything else you say, but I wouldnt play Gerkin under any circumstances, every single fault James has, is echoed in Gerkin, who shares Bassos ability to make one major cock up every game, usually very expensive. If James is to be dropped get Henderson back in off loan, and punt Gerkin off to the sadsags (Best place for him). agree about making Skuse captain, keep him as the holding midfielder, where he can read the game for maximum effect

we are not going to get relegated this year? really? on what evidence?

Thats what I reckon mate, not a scientific fact. You show me evidence of our apparent impending relegation, and I'll show you evidence of our comfortable survival. Its your opinion versus mine, my glass is half full, yours is half empty. That kind of thing.

A few of you have mentioned Cardiff fans coming over to gloat. I am a Cardiff fan but I am not here to wind anyone up or gloat. Just want to wish you good luck for the rest of the season. I couldn't make it today but from the radio it sounded like an end to end game in which Cardiff had the better 2nd half and took advantage.

Like I said, great game.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I am positive that you are in a false position right now and you will begin to climb the table. :)

A cardiff fan with username lee trundle?

Well, well, well, another game with Skuse at the very heart of our team and yet again another loss and a further three goals conceded.

When are people going to realise that the inclusion of Skuse on a regular basis over the past few years has coincided with our steady decline. He is neither a ball player nor a physical midfielder, with the latter being a massive problem as our defence are consistently overun as they have limited cover in front of them.

As long as he remains (in Millens eyes) an integral part of the team we will continue to be in this downward spiral.

For me a proven central midfielder should be top of the shopping list. If we do not replace the flimsy and uncreative Skuse, then in my opinion we will continue to ship goals and create little.

Just my opinion at all that, but were l manager that would be the very first issue l would address and l am convinced we are only one decent midfielder away from turning the corner.

Thats what I reckon mate, not a scientific fact. You show me evidence of our apparent impending relegation, and I'll show you evidence of our comfortable survival. Its your opinion versus mine, my glass is half full, yours is half empty. That kind of thing.

I applaud your optimism...but in return for a glance at the league table could you offer any glimmer of hope of "comfortable survival"?

You can see the cold hard facts staring back at you every time you look at the league table.

If that's not enough the evidence of your own eyes should convince you every time you watch City play that you are watching a relegation team.

There's nothing at all that suggests BCFC will rally sufficiently under this manager to be capable of staying up.

Got to be the most stupid post ever, look at the table!!!

Oxo, agree with everything else you say, but I wouldnt play Gerkin under any circumstances, every single fault James has, is echoed in Gerkin, who shares Bassos ability to make one major cock up every game, usually very expensive. If James is to be dropped get Henderson back in off loan, and punt Gerkin off to the sadsags (Best place for him). agree about making Skuse captain, keep him as the holding midfielder, where he can read the game for maximum effect

Yea, that will work, make the clubs worst player captain. What next make them play in roller skates? Come on, he's the problem not the solution!

Henderson is a difficult choice for me as I have only really watched him a couple of times....

However some of the problem from my seat (not as good as yours I know) is that James seems to have upset the back line rather than enhance it...Why who knows, you hear rumours of poor attitude and less than adequate attendance at training, but what ever it is there is no co-ordination at the back whom ever plays in front of him...

Has Stewart become a bad player since coming here? Has Hunt become a scapegoat or is he really that crap (He is that crap I'm told) has Carey lost the plot and just wants to argue with the guy, has Fontaine lost confidence is McAlister really that dreadful a defender...The one common denominator seems to be David James in goal whomever plays in whatever formation on the field

Now is the time to look at that position seriuosly as whether he deserves to be dropped or not on performance I dont think is relevant his presence seems to have unhinged our entire defence!!

Got to be the most stupid post ever, look at the table!!!

We've played 11 games mate.

Most stupid post ever? Not by a long way after some of the crap I've seen on here lately. Time to grow up I think, and start worrying if we're still there on March 1st.

You think we'll go down.

I think we'll stay up.

Pretty simple really mate isn't it. Don't bother replying if you can't get your head round it :yawn:

Henderson is a difficult choice for me as I have only really watched him a couple of times....

However some of the problem from my seat (not as good as yours I know) is that James seems to have upset the back line rather than enhance it...Why who knows, you hear rumours of poor attitude and less than adequate attendance at training, but what ever it is there is no co-ordination at the back whom ever plays in front of him...

Has Stewart become a bad player since coming here? Has Hunt become a scapegoat or is he really that crap (He is that crap I'm told) has Carey lost the plot and just wants to argue with the guy, has Fontaine lost confidence is McAlister really that dreadful a defender...The one common denominator seems to be David James in goal whomever plays in whatever formation on the field

Now is the time to look at that position seriuosly as whether he deserves to be dropped or not on performance I dont think is relevant his presence seems to have unhinged our entire defence!!

all you say has validity, however Gerkin is absolutly not the answer. Henderson would be a far better option, although I don't think James is the problem, in any case.

I think the entire defence lacks competence this season. Carey & Fontaine are way too much in the comfort zone, with nothing to fall back on on, both need replacing, and soon. Our old friend MCallister is duty scapegoat this season, as is usual with City fans who must have one. He probably had the best game in defence, but that wont satisfy the baying for blood. He also needs replacing now.

Hunt is a joke, and soooo needs replacing its untrue, and I aint seen anything special from Stewart, or (This season) Riberio either to suggest they are any more the answer.

James has kept us in several games, despite the odd clanger (Not one major one every game like Gerkin, Basso & Flapper, his predecessors).

Carey & Fontaine obviously don't like the home truths Mr James is telling them. However as James has played at a higher standard than ANY of our motley crew(and seen England's magnificent finest at their errr "finest"), so I would suggest they start listening, for once. This defence is the worst since Wardy & Benny's comedy season. We are that bad.

Add to this the utter lack of creativity in the current team (Lee Johnson despite being the only one we have, is no better than the defenders at coping with this league. and he doesnt even get a ******* chance anyway!

Having a go at DJ is a joke, I wouldn't swap him for any other champ GK. I think McCallister was mote solid than usual,Fontaine fine Caulker very promising and what Louis was doing at RB I'll never know. I thought the midfield was dreadful Albert and Rose did nothing all game, I think Skuse and Marvin had zero completed passes, 2 tackles and one shot between them in 90mins. Olifinjana bossed them. Stead was brilliant worked his socks off, committed defenders, and Danny Haynes wasn't bad at all considering fitness, he faded late on. The shape was non existent compared to Cardiff, and KM is too slow to react to the fact the wingers were doing nothing and Haynes was getting tired.

It's a concern we couldn't hang on for a draw, I think if we lose badly at home v Reading KM won't see the QPR game. Table starting to look scary.

We've played 11 games mate.

Most stupid post ever? Not by a long way after some of the crap I've seen on here lately. Time to grow up I think, and start worrying if we're still there on March 1st.

You think we'll go down.

I think we'll stay up.

Pretty simple really mate isn't it. Don't bother replying if you can't get your head round it :yawn:

Have an opinion on what i said by all means, but do not tell me to grow up for having that opinion.

For the record im not writing us off just yet but do feel that millen wont get us out of this mess as he is to inexperienced.

I reckon there's little to choose, though Cardiff was of course followed by letting 5 in against Donny. Incidentally the difference between Ward and Millen is thet Ward knew, and said, he was out of his depth. Of course we went down that year with a 20 goal striker, so the return of Maynard is unilkely to make any difference I suspect. Millen seems to regard it as ok for him to learn on the job while taking us down by contrast. As to replacing the manager, I would hope Steve would not go for a Benny type.:fingerscrossed:

Amen to your final sentence. (Though I'll be damned if I can think of one name mentioned here in recent weeks that fills me with hope).

Archived