IGNORED

Cardiff Match Thread

Martyn Hocking

Can't see one yet, so here we go. Last time I started the match thread was the home game V Cardiff and we lost 6-0, but hey, ho, I'm not superstitious so thought I might as well set the ball rolling.

Don't hold out much hope today, but the longer we can keep a clean sheet the more chance we have of springing a surprise...

Does any body know if Bellamy is playing ?

The way that team is set up it would appear to me that Carey is marking the little welshman

That can't be right surely, am I missing something ? - I hope I am otherwise lets just say Carey's lack of pace may be exposed.

You might as well ask me to mark Usain Bolt TBH...

Cardiff City: Heaton, McNaughton, Naylor, Hudson ©, Gyepes, Whittingham, Olofinjana, McPhail, Burke, Bothroyd, Chopra.

Subs: Marshall, Rae, Quinn, Keogh, Taiwo, Koumas, Matthews, Wildig.

No Bellamy, but Chopra back

I hate to be the doomsday merchant but that attack is a lot better than ours.

But given they are 2nd and we are rock bottom, that's kinda like stating I think Brazil are better than Chad.

Cardiff City: Heaton, McNaughton, Naylor, Hudson ©, Gyepes, Whittingham, Olofinjana, McPhail, Burke, Bothroyd, Chopra.

Subs: Marshall, Rae, Quinn, Keogh, Taiwo, Koumas, Matthews, Wildig.

No Bellamy, but Chopra back

Whittingham vs Carey and Burke vs McAllister are two massively important battles on the wings today... can't see us winning either....

Whittingham vs Carey and Burke vs McAllister are two massively important battles on the wings today... can't see us winning either....

Worryingly, Chopra and Bothroyd take it in turns to drift out to the right as well.

Given the absolute nailing Norwich gave McAllister at AG, I have grave concerns for the gaps down our left side as a result.

I will love to be proved wrong and hope I am.

City: James, Carey, Fontaine, Caulker, McAllister, Albert, Skuse, Elliott, Rose, Haynes, Stead

Looks like stock 4-4-2 with Carey at RB :dunno: Still no creativity in midfield :dunno:

Carey is pedestrian these days and will be far more exposed on the flank than in the middle.

Good news that Bellamy's out ( rested for Coventry game?) but if Cardiff's front four click it won't make much difference.

Worryingly, Chopra and Bothroyd take it in turns to drift out to the right as well.

Given the absolute nailing Norwich gave McAllister at AG, I have grave concerns for the gaps down our left side as a result.

I will love to be proved wrong and hope I am.

It is very worrying. Hopefully Rose has been told to cover McAllister at all times, and to attack only on the counter.. although I'm not holding my breath.

We have no midfield creativity at the club and today a strike force with a woeful goal scoring record, Haynes is not the answer up front.

I would have bunged Lee Johnson in and just gone 4-5-1, it surely would have been slightly better? :dunno:

I would have bunged Lee Johnson in and just gone 4-5-1, it surely would have been slightly better? :dunno:

I hate playing with one man up front Tom. It shows absolutely no confidence in the midfield and no intention to try and win the game.

4-4-2 is better for me with wingers but we seriously need better people as full backs.

I hate playing with one man up front Tom. It shows absolutely no confidence in the midfield and no intention to try and win the game.

4-4-2 is better for me with wingers but we seriously need better people as full backs.

True, but really can we hope for anything other than a point at best. Going out to win is more suicidal than trying to stop them!

I hope I'm proved wrong :sign09:

Worked a treat away at Reading two seasons ago. We packed the midfield and had Adebola throwing himself around up front, a job Stead could probably have done well today.

At least playing 4-5-1 we would have a slight chance of nicking a point.

True, but really can we hope for anything other than a point at best. Going out to win is more suicidal than trying to stop them!

I hope I'm proved wrong :sign09:

Nobody expects us to get anything from Cardiff away.

Therefore why not have a go?

Their record against us, until recently was always poor, their record against bottom teams is poor and according to a Cardiff mate I work with, they've been far from excellent in recent wins.

I'd rather we played 4-4-2 and had a bit of pace about us.

If we play one up front, and just play for a point we'll face 90 mins of their attacks and with the greatest respect to any defence, Chopra or Bothroyd will convert one of them if Whittingham doesn't!

Really don't like the look of Carey at right back he will get beaten a lot at least Ribs has pace to try and catch up once Carey is beat that is pretty much it as much as I like Carey. Cardiff will have it easy all they have to do is mark Adomah and Rose. But if they can get the better of their defenders and stead is always in the box you never know lets hope we catch Cardiff unaware(can hope).

Archived