IGNORED

Cardiff Match Thread

Martyn Hocking

This is a joke. If Millen thinks Skuse is Championship quality we are doomed. We get overan in the middle game after game after game.

I sincerely hope he has the opportunity of raming this post down my throat but we need a real quality midfielder as a matter of urgency!

Nonetheless COME ON YOU REDS, let's beat those taffs!

I hate playing with one man up front Tom. It shows absolutely no confidence in the midfield and no intention to try and win the game.

4-4-2 is better for me with wingers but we seriously need better people as full backs.

Not really, as long as you dont play a flat midfield 5, and leave the wingers with some flexibility, that's the formation that most of the best teams play with, because it's two formations rolled into one, with the ball the wingers push up and it's a 4-3-3 and then without the ball the wingers tuck back in and it's a 4-5-1 which allows you to press the ball and hopefully win it back, which is exactly what we haven't been doing.

Although i've just heard Millen saying his formation is a 4-5-1 without the ball and a 4-4-2 with it :dunno:

Not really, as long as you dont play a flat midfield 5, and leave the wingers with some flexibility, that's the formation that most of the best teams play with, because it's two formations rolled into one, with the ball the wingers push up and it's a 4-3-3 and then without the ball the wingers tuck back in and it's a 4-5-1 which allows you to press the ball and hopefully win it back, which is exactly what we haven't been doing.

Although i've just heard Millen saying his formation is a 4-5-1 without the ball and a 4-4-2 with it :dunno:

Looks like 4-5-1 then.

I recall Carey starting out as raw right-back going back 15 years ago - quite bizarre to suddenly see him revert to that position again. Why?

I see the the usual formidable pairing of Skuse and Elliot are due to dominate the middle again with their unimaginative lumps over the top.

I'd love to be positive, honestly I would.

disapointed2se.gif

Archived