IGNORED

Our Worst Start For 28 Years.

BCFC Jordan

This weekend in 1982 we lost 3-1 at Hartlepool. We'd won one match - home to Hull, first game...a Russell Musker screamer which I remember well. We were 23rd in the bottom division and things didn't much improve until after Christmas. But the difference between now and then is the sense that then we had a bunch of youngsters who could get better - Rob Newman, Gary Williams, Russell himself - and we had in Glyn Riley and Alan Crawford players who'd get us promoted the following year. And in TC we had a boss with bags of charisma. The only way was up...despite shipping 4 at Crewe and 7 at Northampton. And there was a great spirit of togetherness in hard times.

Now we're throwing away the legacy of 2007/08 - the best season in the past 30 years.

Which is depressing.

Doesn't need to happen. Needs some tough decision making at the top...and needed it weeks ago.

This weekend in 1982 we lost 3-1 at Hartlepool. We'd won one match - home to Hull, first game...a Russell Musker screamer which I remember well. We were 23rd in the bottom division and things didn't much improve until after Christmas. But the difference between now and then is the sense that then we had a bunch of youngsters who could get better - Rob Newman, Gary Williams, Russell himself - and we had in Glyn Riley and Alan Crawford players who'd get us promoted the following year. And in TC we had a boss with bags of charisma. The only way was up...despite shipping 4 at Crewe and 7 at Northampton. And there was a great spirit of togetherness in hard times.

Now we're throwing away the legacy of 2007/08 - the best season in the past 30 years.

Which is depressing.

Doesn't need to happen. Needs some tough decision making at the top...and needed it weeks ago.

Couldn't agree more. It really doesn't need to happen. And it really still isn't too late, but the longer it takes the less chance we've got.

It reminds me of that scene in the Life of Brian, where the Judean People's Front Suicide squad committed suicide, rather than letting down Brian. Insanity.

City on the cross

Couldn't agree more. It really doesn't need to happen. And it really still isn't too late, but the longer it takes the less chance we've got.

It reminds me of that scene in the Life of Brian, where the Judean People's Front Suicide squad committed suicide, rather than letting down Brian. Insanity.

City on the cross

Indeed - "that showed 'em, huh?"

Let's all be quiet...and be the loyal supporters of a club on the road to nowhere..

...may be we should run out to that track?

City on the cross

I thought we were the Peoples Front of Judea.... splitters!

Although as a club we've very little to laugh about at the moment.

This weekend in 1982 we lost 3-1 at Hartlepool. And there was a great spirit of togetherness in hard times.

That's right; bottom of the League six years after winning at Highbury to briefly be top.

As for togetherness; too true! Players, Manager, Chairman, Directors AND THE FANS! We all felt part of one entity.

Archived