IGNORED

Do The Maths...

spudski

Throughout the history of the Championship, on average you need 51 points to avoid relegation.

We have 35 games left with only 6 points on the board.

We need to find another 45 points in theory, from 35 games.

So in theory, we need to win 15 games from those 35, to reach another 45 points to add to the 6 we have, to reach 51 points.

We will probably need more points this season tbh, to make it certain.

For all those that keep seeing positives, in our performances...wake up and smell the coffee.

All these positives were said when Lennartson was in control. We still went down, with a similar side, that we have today. Average forwards, average midfield and a poor defense.

Yes we all got behind Lennartson, but what good did it do? We went down and it took years to get back to where we are now.

Instead of saying 'Im gonna support City through thick and thin'...think about it. Constructive critisism, can help this Club in the long run. Make our feelings known to SL, that he needs to act now...for the good of the Club. That, is Support...instead of apathy, blind support and just letting us get relegated.

For the good of this Club...KM needs to step aside, and we need to force this home.

Or are you the kind of supporter, who is happy, to just go along with the tosh coming out of the Club...because that makes you feel Loyal? Loyal to what? Sheep are Loyal...Dog's are Loyal... Standing by and watching this Club deteroriate and Spirral out of control, without making a whimper, is plain nonsense.

Ok, you've made your point, I cannot be bothered to go in as much detail but here is my argument:

* 15 wins may sound alot, but spread over 35 it isn't that high a figure. It even gives room for another 20 defeats! I think our squad is good enough for more than 15 wins as soon as the confidence improves.

* Grab a couple of quick wins on the bounce and then confidence will rise.

* I am not pro Millen so do agree that a change of manager is likely, hopefully this manager will quickly improve our fortunes.

* Football is not a question of maths, its a question of luck, confidence, arrogance, skill, determination etc - so anything is possible.

Doom and gloom, if we were top after 11 games none of us would say that were already promoted. Why then do we say were relegated because were bottom after 11 games.

Spudski, we all know you have given up already, you dont need to keep telling us.

Mate...How thick are your Rose tinted Glasses...FFS. The whole reason i've written two 'controversial' posts today, is because i have not given up. I've given up with KM, way before he was even given the post. I've not given up on City or SL though.

In fact Mr Bill...you've given up on City, by just being a follower and excepting everything the Club and SL throw at you. That's not being a Supporter. A supporter, is someone, who wants the best for the Club and won't stand by and watch it crumble, without voicing a concern.

Everthing you say is if's and but's...I work on facts and reality, and what i can see with my own eye's.

You're Loyalty is misguided.

Mate...How thick are your Rose tinted Glasses...FFS. The whole reason i've written two 'controversial' posts today, is because i have not given up. I've given up with KM, way before he was even given the post. I've not given up on City or SL though.

In fact Mr Bill...you've given up on City, by just being a follower and excepting everything the Club and SL throw at you. That's not being a Supporter. A supporter, is someone, who wants the best for the Club and won't stand by and watch it crumble, without voicing a concern.

Everthing you say is if's and but's...I work on facts and reality, and what i can see with my own eye's.

You're Loyalty is misguided.

Here's an idea!

Go down on Tuesday night and give KM and the boys a really good boo. That should show them all what a fabulous, loyal supporter you are. I presume this is what you mean by "Voicing your concern"?

You are a contradiction Spudski.

If Millen goes it will be a disaster. Why does everyone always call for the Manager to go when things are wrong? Crazy. Focus on the squad we have and theirin lies the problem.

getting rid of him will mean three Managers in 6 months, chaos, uncertainty, instability.

Deal with the players, show some unity and back Millen. If we get rid of him a new manager will remove alot of the players anyway. Just let Millen do it and have his own chosen squad

Whatever it takes for SL to get his head out of his Stadium aspirations, and start seeing reality...then so be it.

If you're happy to be sitting in a brand new 30,000 seater stadium, with another 8000 watching Yeovil, then so be it. But at least, you can say, you stood by City thick and thin, and what a good supporter you are.

This whilst the rest of the football league are laughing at us, for being a cocky, over ambitious, won nothing ever, sleeping Giant. FFS, this is embarrassing:grr: :grr::grr:

The blind faith shown by the likes of Portland bill is one of the reasons we are in the sxxte it is not disloyal to voice concerns as to the way this club is being run at present

Its not blind faith at all, im not happy where we are at all. But do we change the manager after every few weeks?.

The difference between me and some of you is that i didnt have the blind faith in our squad before the season.

I stated we werent good enough before a fn ball was kicked this season.

I said time and time again we needed a midfield playmaker.I said time and time again we have midfield "runners" and not passers.

So you see that i havent had this high expectation level that you have.

Basically were shit and i KNEW we were.

If Millen goes it will be a disaster. Why does everyone always call for the Manager to go when things are wrong? Crazy. Focus on the squad we have and theirin lies the problem.

getting rid of him will mean three Managers in 6 months, chaos, uncertainty, instability.

Deal with the players, show some unity and back Millen. If we get rid of him a new manager will remove alot of the players anyway. Just let Millen do it and have his own chosen squad

KM has no experience, no record of success...no idea, in truth. He should never have been appointed. He's not what we needed. And couldn't have been if the first choice was a manager with the experience of Coppell.

We've been supportive - he's not got it. He needs to go now and to be replaced with a man with the experience that Coppell brought. The experience to build a Championship club. I'm amazed there are people on here who can't see how desperate things are.

Just spotted a typo in your post. I presume you meant to write 'If Millen stays it will be a disaster...'????

Its not blind faith at all, im not happy where we are at all. But do we change the manager after every few weeks?.

The difference between me and some of you is that i didnt have the blind faith in our squad before the season.

I stated we werent good enough before a fn ball was kicked this season.

I said time and time again we needed a midfield playmaker.I said time and time again we have midfield "runners" and not passers.

So you see that i havent had this high expectation level that you have.

Basically were shit and i KNEW we were.

Yet, you'll sit back and be smug about. Put that smugness into being proactive and voicing your concerns. If it means, speaking with your feet and not going, then SL will sit up and take notice. He screwed up by appointing Km, after a knee jerk reaction. He needs, to realise this, and be man enough, to rectify his mistake, and employ someone, who can bring out the best from an average squad.

It can be done...look at Hollowhead at Blackpool. It needs the right person in charge and the right direction. KM has a pre game plan, but when it's not working, he just stands there for 90 mins, doing nothing...

Instead of saying 'Im gonna support City through thick and thin'...think about it. Constructive critisism, can help this Club in the long run. Make our feelings known to SL, that he needs to act now...for the good of the Club. That, is Support...instead of apathy, blind support and just letting us get relegated.

For the good of this Club...KM needs to step aside, and we need to force this home.

Or are you the kind of supporter, who is happy, to just go along with the tosh coming out of the Club...because that makes you feel Loyal? Loyal to what? Sheep are Loyal...Dog's are Loyal... Standing by and watching this Club deteroriate and Spirral out of control, without making a whimper, is plain nonsense.

Spot on sentiments - if Steve L can't see the crisis unfolding from his mansion in Guernsey, fans have every right to flag their concerns. We were, in reality, here long before Steve and all the current playing and management team, and will be here long after they've exited the AG car park in their black BMW X5s with personalised number plates.

Spudski, on a post today you stated that you hoped City would lose today.

Well your wish came true.

Enjoy your evening, i expect you will be out celebrating.

Dont be a ******* T wat mate...no offense, but just because you've been on here for 10 years, it doesn't make you big time charlie Bollocks of the Club. I want the best for this Club, more than anything...and losing to Baardiff hurts more than anything. It just so happens, that this game came about today, it could have been against Doncaster for all i care. What's important, is that fan's need to stand up and voice their displeasure. When times are good, Ashton Gate rocks. But for most of the time, we let whatever Chairman and manager, that is in control at the time, fob us all off with crap and propaganda.

Just because you've stood in the rain when we were bottom of the league, in 82, like me, it doesn't make you a wiser supporter than others. Most Supporters don't post on this forum, it's, in reality a non entity. I'm no wiser than you, but i won't let SL **** this Club up, just because he has Millions of £'s, without making a noise. Don't be a sheep mate, and fall for all the excuses coming out of the Club. That's exactly what they want. A silent fan base, that does exactly what they want, whilst putting your hard earned in. Stand up and say ' No...I've had enough of following this Shite and all your excuses'. Ask questions...It's just as much your Club as it is SL's. The Court proceedings that sorted out Liverpool, proved what fan power can do. Think about it, or do you still want local Derby's with the Gas?

Being a sheep and following whatever the 'Club' says, is completely farsical. Without us Supporters, the Club wouldn't exist. So we have every right to voice our displeasure, especially, when all the hard work has been done in getting into this league, then screwing it up big time, over football mismanagement.

Im with Spudski,

We have seen this all before so we must take action now.... This is beyond the joke... 0-2 up and Millen still couldnt organise the shape and tactics to ensure a win...

The man is a liability, who was half the reason we were struggling with GJ...

If he wasnt good enough for the job before Coppell then why now? Im so full of discontent right now and feel bloody conned tbh!!!

Im with Spudski,

We have seen this all before so we must take action now.... This is beyond the joke... 0-2 up and Millen still couldnt organise the shape and tactics to ensure a win...

The man is a liability, who was half the reason we were struggling with GJ...

If he wasnt good enough for the job before Coppell then why now? Im so full of discontent right now and feel bloody conned tbh!!!

Agree Bren,

Watching it today we just dont look like having the abaility to take the game to a team, and its been that way all season. We look cluleless from open play and as has been said clueless in defence with players in decline. The situation I beleive is just to much for the current set up and it is going to need a very strong perosnility to turn it round. It will need a manager whoh as a vision of how to play a system suited the squad we have and get the best of the players avilable. Millens long ball tactics are not the answer just as they were not last season under Johnson. What baffles me is how the guy has changed tack completly from the last ten games of last season....clearly Paul Hartley was more of an influence on our pattern of play that most of us thought.....perhaps more of it was down to him.

Archived