IGNORED

Football Management

Southport Red

All the talk on here of Keith being uninspiring got me to thinking. Would most football managers actually cut it if they were managers in 'Real' companies in the 'real' world?

If I made the same judgement errors over and over again, despite everyone else seeing my errors and pointing them out to me, I don't think I would last long.

Heard Roy Hodgson, a man who supposedly is one of the better examples of the genre, on the radio this morning talking about the LFC take over saying 'oh good, now we can buy some good players'. Is that it, just buying good players? In the real world you don't get the chance to just ship everyone out and buy in talented mega-stars, you have to get the best out of what you have. My boss doesn'yt give me a cheque book to buy in new people and there is no one willing to take the more clueless members of my team off my hands either - I am stuck with them and have to try to train, coach & motivate them to good performances.

It is true that football managers get instant feedback whereas I can get away with being crap for a little while before someone notices, but, if I were simply allowed to buy in extra help whenever I fancied it (or borrow great salespeople from my competitors for 6 months) then I would be sure to get better results than I do currently. SO, I ask the question...

...Do you think ANY football Managers would cut it in the real world?

Since when was football in the REAL world

Couldn't agree more their wages are a reflection of the nature of the game and the great risks involved. There are many journey man managers and few great ones.

If they opperated in the real world I would change my job tommorow to a employment lawyer I'd make a fortune in unfair dissmial cases. The real world it is definately not.

They'd all make good second hand car salesman... :tumbleweed: Joking aside...

Football management, is more like being a Major in the Army. You ask your players to stick to a game plan, trust your judgement, run through brick walls for you. If they start thinking for themselves, they are soon dropped. Yes, play with instinct, but under a controlled manner. Otherwise, the plan goes out of the window.

Archived