IGNORED

January Transfer Window...

spudski

...Depending on what position we are in come January, and what manager we have in Charge, I believe January's Transfer window will be a good indication of where SL see's us ending up come May.

We desperatly need to bring in QUALITY replacements for Orr, Carey and Jamie.

At least two more quality Midfielders.

The biggest problem he has imho, is offloading the present pile of mediocre players. He may well have to take a big loss on them. Is he willing to do that?

Hunt, Stewart, Johnson, Clarkson, Williams, Akinde, Sproule, JCR and Nyatanga...all not used on a regular basis. Obviously not good enough yet or never at this level.

The recall of Rose and Caulker, also hangs over us, and could really leave us in the crap if they are recalled after the Window closes.

Do you think, he will go for it in January and buy some quality over the odds? Or risk survival with what we have and regroup at the end of the season?

I personally think he will go for the latter....any thoughts?

I doubt there will be any money on the table to buy, unless we sell first, the squad is already huge, adding more players is not the answer, it's making best use of what we've got and trying to get rid of those surplus to requirements.

I tend to agree...I think we are in big trouble, if it's the case, regardless of what manager we bring in. Managers are not magicians, and i think what we have in the squad, is not good enough to keep us up.

Interestingly...many thought Orr was top quality ( I personally didn't ), he is basically being used a QPR's 2nd RB. Just goes to show, the quality needed to get out of this Division, or even survive. Worth mulling over, for the bigger picture....

Think Orr is their main right back to be honest, however he missed two games through injury and was on the bench on Saturday as Warnock didn't want to chance him back from injury in such an important game unless he needed to.

Yes I initially thought that too. Although i've heard from a couple of QPR fans, that Walker from Tottenham has had his loan extended, with the hope of signing him in January. Apparantly Warnock see's him as their new RB with Orr as his back up.

We will see on Friday, just how good you have to be me thinks.

Really can't see the point of throwing more money at trying to cure the problem until the glaring mistakes and vital team line-up is sorted out had a pretty good clearout only to bring in some of the worse signings to replace them , Orr and Hartley were 2 of the biggest characters in their own ways to leave and we get left with Mcallister,Sproule,Nyatanga,Williams,Akinde plus the 2 Irish lads who won't get a game no matter how bad game after game Skuse and Elliott perform. Not forgetting Lee Johnson who looks like midfield general when he has played summing up how bad we are sorry but i have never seen anything in Campbell-Ryce who like Sproule can't cross a decent ball and ties himself up in knots,Albert Adomah is the 1 signing who has impressed has skill pace and tries all the time to watch him beat players with skill and deliver the ball properly is such a difference than the normal hoof in the general direction of goal,,If only we had a player like Cardiff's Whittingham in midfield if S L does splash out then get a playmaker in who can hit a free kick and deliver defence splitting passe's hold the ball up ... By January depending on league position it could be too late and the purse strings would be firmly shut can't blame S L then for finally saying thats it no more money for players ...

Archived