IGNORED

Superb!

Jordan Tansley

Not just the result but the performance! So many positives can be drawn from that game.

Milly got it tactically spot on, sticking with pretty much the same side that did so well against Cardiff, the two changes however, paid off beautifully! JCR's workrate and crossing was a joy to watch, and Lee Johnson passed the ball brilliantly, he did nothing different to when GJ was here, but having two wingers on the pitch made passing sideways an attacking move!!!

Defensively Fontaine and Caulker looked brilliant, and Macca was strong too! Carey had a good game, but positionally he was very poor, Reading could have taken better advantage of his fascination with getting to the opposition box! Other than that there really were no negatives.

The last ten minutes were scary as ever, a trait that still survives from GJ's tenure, and I'd love for us to try put our foot on the ball instead of panicking... But atm I'll take any win whatever way it comes...

QPR will be a big test, and we may well lose, but today showed me that of we play that side, and with that aggression in midfield, then we'll be more than safe come may!

Well done Milly! I'm sure there won't be many giving you credit! But you got it all spot on today!

Not just the result but the performance! So many positives can be drawn from that game.

Milly got it tactically spot on, sticking with pretty much the same side that did so well against Cardiff, the two changes however, paid off beautifully! JCR's workrate and crossing was a joy to watch, and Lee Johnson passed the ball brilliantly, he did nothing different to when GJ was here, but having two wingers on the pitch made passing sideways an attacking move!!!

Defensively Fontaine and Caulker looked brilliant, and Macca was strong too! Carey had a good game, but positionally he was very poor, Reading could have taken better advantage of his fascination with getting to the opposition box! Other than that there really were no negatives.

The last ten minutes were scary as ever, a trait that still survives from GJ's tenure, and I'd love for us to try put our foot on the ball instead of panicking... But atm I'll take any win whatever way it comes...

QPR will be a big test, and we may well lose, but today showed me that of we play that side, and with that aggression in midfield, then we'll be more than safe come may!

Well done Milly! I'm sure there won't be many giving you credit! But you got it all spot on today!

credit where credits due. 3 points and a clean sheet......lets just pray that we get it right again Friday night.

If we can squeak a point Friday (god, I feel greedy asking for another 3), then 4 points would be a good return and should give us the boost to really try and kick on.

Good game but a little over the top with the praise. John stead is our best player by far but our defence is still shit. Reading just offered nothing upfront. Why is Carey even playing? I'm pleased we won, but all tonight proved was that we have enough in us to beat the bottom teams and hopefully we may stay up.

Good game but a little over the top with the praise. John stead is our best player by far but our defence is still shit. Reading just offered nothing upfront. Why is Carey even playing? I'm pleased we won, but all tonight proved was that we have enough in us to beat the bottom teams and hopefully we may stay up.

Have to agree with most off what you have said here but after so little to shout about its very easy to get carried away after a very important win, as you said i cant really see why louis is playing at right back as imo he looked like a fish out of water, Stead put in a great shift but to be fair he has all season, james pulled off a couple off great saves, Fontaine played well but im not sure about him and Caulker is the best pairing as there is no pace there and we look shaky at times, for me the big difference was Lee johnson mainly because when we were under pressure he was one of the few players who never wooshed it and passed the ball, good to see Haynes back and with him and JCR when we attacked we looked dangerous at last, overall a good team performance and 3 vital points, lastly the fans F........ing awesome :dancing2:

Have to agree with most off what you have said here but after so little to shout about its very easy to get carried away after a very important win, as you said i cant really see why louis is playing at right back as imo he looked like a fish out of water, Stead put in a great shift but to be fair he has all season, james pulled off a couple off great saves, Fontaine played well but im not sure about him and Caulker is the best pairing as there is no pace there and we look shaky at times, for me the big difference was Lee johnson mainly because when we were under pressure he was one of the few players who never wooshed it and passed the ball, good to see Haynes back and with him and JCR when we attacked we looked dangerous at last, overall a good team performance and 3 vital points, lastly the fans F........ing awesome :dancing2:

you are kidding right?

Caulker and Fontaine were both very quick today, mainly because they are umm... quick.

Yeah, there were positives and I think we will stay up. Maybe this is a bit of a wake up call, that we may establish ourselves as a championship club, but we are no where near the next step yet. I don't think anyone's said it yet, but qpr would've scored two tonight.

Probably two of the quickest young center backs in the division!

Stead and lj awesome but mom was the fans. All stands. Come on you reds crying out around the ground during opposition corners etc. Small gate but partisan and noisy. More of the same for Colin on Friday .

back down to the 11 thousand die hard fans. no more day trippers fascinated by coppell and promotion, just people who stick by the lads through thick and thin.

Proper fans.

Cracking performance, exactly the kind of battling spirit we've bene missing. Fontaine was absolutely immense, and we defended well throughout. Johnson had a decent game and Adomah was brilliant as always. A special mention has to go to Stead, he was incredible tonight. Haynes did everything you'd want from him as well and he finished his chance well.

I just hope we can push on from here with a good performance Friday night!

Bottom teams? Reading have only lost 1 away game all season and could of went into the play offs with a win. tell me, how can they be described as "a bottom team"?

and for the remaining 85 minutes, Reading got in behind how many times?

Hardly at all, both Caulker and Louis played really well. I was merely pointing out that Caulker can be exposed one on one for pace.

Great performance by both centre backs, fonts marshalled the back four like a veteran, his best performance of the season by far.

Cracking performance, exactly the kind of battling spirit we've bene missing. Fontaine was absolutely immense, and we defended well throughout. Johnson had a decent game and Adomah was brilliant as always. A special mention has to go to Stead, he was incredible tonight. Haynes did everything you'd want from him as well and he finished his chance well.

I just hope we can push on from here with a good performance Friday night!

Without doubt, our best performance this season so far tonight but, I don't think anyone has yet mentioned an important factor - US - the fans, we were brilliant tonight.

Of course it is easy to get fired up and start singing when your team starts well (as we did this evening) but I definitely noticed a "Chesterfield" feeling tonight - in other words - the feeling around AG was, frigging hell we are deeply in the shit, we really have to lift the team - and it worked.

Never underestimate the power of us lot to encourage the players to do well. What happens is what is called a "virtuous circle" that is - good play results in more vocal support which fires up the players to deliver an even better performance, which results in even louder vocal support ... and so on.

I believe we will look back on tonight as a turning point in our dreadful start to this season.

Not getting too carried away though, we are still propping up the Championship division, but not for long I think.

Tonight we saw what can be achieved from this excellent , talented squad we have on the books now.

And, having said on another thread (before this game) that we would win tonight and hold QPR to a draw on Friday, I stick by that forecast.

Come to think of it, after tonight, I think we could even nick a shock win by a one goal difference on Friday.

Don't bet on that please.

Hardly at all, both Caulker and Louis played really well. I was merely pointing out that Caulker can be exposed one on one for pace.

Great performance by both centre backs, fonts marshalled the back four like a veteran, his best performance of the season by far.

I personally see Caulkers main strength is his pace, But I agree with your post.

Carey did well, but he cannot go forward that much on friday...

Archived