IGNORED

Well Done To Us Fans (merged)

BCFC Jordan

Agreed. Brilliant atmosphere - I have shouted myself hoarse. Comedy event of the evening was when the Reading fans gave us a rendition of "Theres only one Steve Coppell" to be immediately answered by our boys in the East End with "Coppell is a winker" (well thats what it sounded like in the Williams - HA).

The fans were magnificent tonight and also wasnt it nice to see that Millie actually looked like a proper manager in a track suit instead of the hugo Boss suit. Keep it up Keith.

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

do you know what, attendance just over 13k with 1 and a half thousand Reading means only 11k or so City...

back to the hardcore, the fans who stick by us through thick and thin... and guess what, they get behind the boys and encourage them on to a win.

I'd take 11 thousand die hards ahead of 23 thousand with a load of glory supporting armchairers anyday!

got that song stuck in my head, something like.......

ohhhhh Bristol city, cider army

Our name is Bristol city we play at Ashton gate

come on all you city fans time to celebrate

Two home games in a few days and the expense of that, coupled with our league position, we're playing a team with shit support, and the fact it's on Sky and I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance was even lower on Friday. I couldn't make it tonight (on callout) , but will be there Friday. If I could have got there tonight I wouldn't have Friday. Two games in a week = expensive

Ahhh yeh, we sang that the whole of the 2nd half!! Throat is ****** now, but loved every minute of it, same again friday! OOooooo Bristol City.......

do you know what, attendance just over 13k with 1 and a half thousand Reading means only 11k or so City...

back to the hardcore, the fans who stick by us through thick and thin... and guess what,

they get behind the boys and encourage them on to a win.

I'd take 11 thousand die hards ahead of 23 thousand with a load of glory supporting armchairers anyday!

Spot on fella, three moaners who usually sit behind us werent there tonight. Made my evening even better!!

The real fans were there tonight and it showed.

Not surprised you can't get it out of your head the lads were singing it all game, and even well after the match finished, well done to them. Are they on something ?

"How S##T must you be, were winning at home", absolute class, Ashton gate was bouncing, well done to everyone, players and fans did Bristol City proud tonight.

You reds!!

That one is the one I will be telling non City supporters in work tomorrow, how class was that, how class were we the fans

Might be on my here but that song did my nut in.

Anyway great support tonight showing players, manager and chairman that were up for this fight

RED ARMY!!!!

back to the hardcore, the fans who stick by us through thick and thin... and guess what, they get behind the boys and encourage them on to a win.

Totally agree with this. There is no doubt that an atmosphere like the one tonight (created by fans that would do anything for this club) helped the lads onto the win. The concern about us ever being in a position to fill the planned new stadium is that it will be potentially a third full of people who don't really care either way about this great football club of ours.

Totally agree with this. There is no doubt that an atmosphere like the one tonight (created by fans that would do anything for this club) helped the lads onto the win. The concern about us ever being in a position to fill the planned new stadium is that it will be potentially a third full of people who don't really care either way about this great football club of ours.

Careful mind, that sort of talk gets you called all sorts of names. Absolutely spot on though

Believe me, I highly expect I'll be called a 'nimby' or that I 'smell of gas' sooner rather then later!

don't be daft. I am the stadiums biggest advocate! I don't see why having empty seats will impact us at all, we have them at ashton gate...

the impact of the stadium is the increase in revenue. it's no shock that Arsenal are making huge profits since they moved from the dated and worn out Highbury to the Brand new and multi-use Emirates.

it just so happens that at the moment all the "new" fans are negative moaners who expect us to win every game.... If they got involved with what I refer to as the hardcore in givng support to the club then I am glad they came along.. if they still don't know why that chap coppel isnt in the hotseat then they can fall under a bus in my book

Some people have put forward their views badly on this forum, on both sides, Those that oppose won't listen to the financial sence of the project, Those that are pro stadium sometimes don't argue their point correctly and revert to calling people NIMBY or whatever...

The one thing I will say on the subject is, If arguably the most successful Bristolian businessman in recent history beleives this stadium is absolutely vital to the club, and his view is shared by many other professionals within the club, then their success in their jobs surely should indicate that the decision hasn't been taken lightly and that it makes the most sense?

Good to see a good vibe, nothing to add* other than; if it really was as good as Palace play-off then that pleases much. Blahdy blahdy blah about not being there 14 year s/t holder unnecessary explanations about being unemployed and shit etc, Really, looking in, I think the squad itself always looked good enough to be higher than 24th.. but time'll tell obviously, an personally I'd just continue to give Millie right of way, lets face it it's a long and expensive shot if StevieL were to go 'credentially' again.. . . . . .

Ground? PERIOD: Yes

Who here to give a f<(k abmo? PERIOD: say EYE I

coyr

*complete lie

11 thousand die hards? I would say more like 8,500-9,000 tops. Bear in mind that the "official" attendance includes all season tickets regardless of whether or not they've turned up. People were voting with their feet last night, and i would say the attendance will be lower still on Friday because it's on Sky. Fair play to the fans that were there last night though. Sang their hearts out all match and the "we're winning at home, we're winning at hooooo-ooome, how s**t must you be, we're winning at home!" was an absolute masterpiece! Gotta be honest though, i didn't pick up on the other song mentioned on this thread.....possibly East End only, but it didn't reach me at the back of the Atyeo, i'm afraid....sorry!!

11 thousand die hards? I would say more like 8,500-9,000 tops. Bear in mind that the "official" attendance includes all season tickets regardless of whether or not they've turned up. People were voting with their feet last night, and i would say the attendance will be lower still on Friday because it's on Sky. Fair play to the fans that were there last night though. Sang their hearts out all match and the "we're winning at home, we're winning at hooooo-ooome, how s**t must you be, we're winning at home!" was an absolute masterpiece! Gotta be honest though, i didn't pick up on the other song mentioned on this thread.....possibly East End only, but it didn't reach me at the back of the Atyeo, i'm afraid....sorry!!

For whatever reasons we failed to sell out the away leg of the play off verses Palace to return us to the top flight a few years ago, well under 3000 (just to cover my ass). When I started going regular we were at times turning out crowds of less than 5000, I'd use the phrase 'diehard' with caution.

Probably the most dull, droning chant I have ever heard at Ashton Gate. Fair play to the lads who made it up and sang it for the whole match (and the last home match), but it would be more suited to a funeral. Perhaps that is why it has not caught on?? It is probably even worse than the one they sing at Palace.

Probably the most dull, droning chant I have ever heard at Ashton Gate. Fair play to the lads who made it up and sang it for the whole match (and the last home match), but it would be more suited to a funeral. Perhaps that is why it has not caught on?? It is probably even worse than the one they sing at Palace.

I quite like funerals :violin: an all that

Archived