IGNORED

Some Genuine Questions

allyolly

As someone that tries to keep a glass half full approach whilst trying to be realistic this is a genuine question to those that have been the main prophets of doom and gloom of which there seem to be many. Before anyone asks (if at all relevant) I have missed 3 games in all competitions this season. Here goes:

How do you feel tonight?

1. Gutted that tonight's result means Millen has not been given the boot?

2. Not convinced that there is anything positive to take and remain hopeful that he will be given the boot in due course?

3. Think we are beginning to gel and about to turn a corner?

4. Are worried that city could put in an equally good performance on Friday that may undermine your agenda?

My last point may give my own opinion away but comments welcome please.....

I feel as i always feel when city win, Happy & relieved. the fact that we put in a great performance today and won tops it off for me which does sujest we are starting to turn the corner. however im not 1 to get carried away and this result wont blind me of the fact that we have been very poor this season! 1 step at a time for me, if we keep putting in performances like that and showing the amount of commitment we did tonight then ill show nothing but praise for the team and managment, lets wait and see! :)

I feel as i always feel when city win, Happy & relieved. the fact that we put in a great performance today and won tops it off for me which does sujest we are starting to turn the corner. however im not 1 to get carried away and this result wont blind me of the fact that we have been very poor this season! 1 step at a time for me, if we keep putting in performances like that and showing the amount of commitment we did tonight then ill show nothing but praise for the team and managment, lets wait and see! :)

So, let me get this straight,

this last we week you have been rudely mocking the current manager, saying you'd rather we lost so he would be sacked, and all the other pathetic, childish comments about Millen.

but one good result and you're a happy clapper?

I've said this about city (and I suppose football fans generally), but talk about fickle!!

hip hip hooray, another poster who changes their opinion weekly... you'll fit right in with the rest of the jokers.

So, let me get this straight,

this last we week you have been rudely mocking the current manager, saying you'd rather we lost so he would be sacked, and all the other pathetic, childish comments about Millen.

but one good result and you're a happy clapper?

I've said this about city (and I suppose football fans generally), but talk about fickle!!

hip hip hooray, another poster who changes their opinion weekly... you'll fit right in with the rest of the jokers.

Well judging by that post, the only joker around here fella is you!! :doh: i havent changed my stance on anything other than im happy that my club have won at home for the first time this season. mabie it is papering over the cracks, mabie it isnt? who knows, thats why i said i will not get carried away and will wait and see what the future brings with or without millen!

you call me a fickle supporter yet i own a season ticket and have done for the past 10 years, infact i havent missed a home game for exactly that amount of time, when im at games i do nothing but cheer and show my full support during a game, if we loose i often visit this forum to vent my frustration like most fans and will also be the first to applaud things when the players/managment deserve it...

Well judging by that post, the only joker around here fella is you!! :doh: i havent changed my stance on anything other than im happy that my club have won at home for the first time this season. mabie it is papering over the cracks, mabie it isnt? who knows, thats why i said i will not get carried away and will wait and see what the future brings with or without millen!

you call me a fickle supporter yet i own a season ticket and have done for the past 10 years, infact i havent missed a home game for exactly that amount of time, when im at games i do nothing but cheer and show my full support during a game, if we loose i often visit this forum to vent my frustration like most fans and will also be the first to applaud things when the players/managment deserve it...

Good answer man, but that was only the second time I read (and I'm not taking the piss), the first time I thought it lacked cohesian and to be blunt; talent. And the third time I read I thought I may as well have stayed at home :(

I'll give it another go and see what happens. . .. . . . . .... . .. . . . .. . ... . . .

Congratulations, you really are an uber fan.

Last night was a massive improvement and undoubtedly the best we've seen all season. Nevertheless some of the defending in the 2nd half was still very poor and we got away with it a little. There is no way we can invite pressure like that on Friday as QPR will simply punish us.

I still don't think Millen is the right man to take our club forward but there ain't alot I can do about that. I happily take the three points and lets all hope we keep winning all pull away from the basement ASAP.

In answer to your question....

I have no agenda. I am glad City got 3 points, because after last nights results, we would have been even more adrift, if we had lost.

My own personal opinion, is that i see the bigger picture and not just survival this season.

KM has been given a 3 year contract. I personally don't think he is an experienced enough manager, to take us forward.

I want an experienced manager in place, to take us forward. We may escape Relegation this season under KM. But for me, it's already another year wasted. We have gradually gone backwards every season since promotion. It's not Rocket Science to see how bad it has got.

I personally don't think KM and his coaching staff are the right people to do it.

Anyway...it's only my opinion. Some agree with me and some don't. It's just opinions on a forum. What i think or anyone else come to that, makes no difference to BCFC.

At the end of the day, I'm just a concerned City fan like everyone else on here. I just don't like the way we are treated like Mushrooms by the Club. Hense the rants....

I have no agenda. I am glad City got 3 points, because after last nights results, we would have been even more adrift, if we had lost.

My own personal opinion, is that i see the bigger picture and not just survival this season.

KM has been given a 3 year contract. I personally don't think he is an experienced enough manager, to take us forward.

I want an experienced manager in place, to take us forward. We may escape Relegation this season under KM. But for me, it's already another year wasted. We have gradually gone backwards every season since promotion. It's not Rocket Science to see how bad it has got.

I personally don't think KM and his coaching staff are the right people to do it.

Anyway...it's only my opinion. Some agree with me and some don't. It's just opinions on a forum. What i think or anyone else come to that, makes no difference to BCFC.

At the end of the day, I'm just a concerned City fan like everyone else on here. I just don't like the way we are treated like Mushrooms by the Club. Hense the rants....

You've summed up my feelings perfectly Spudski! Sound posting. One swallow and all that; we've got some superb players but others who aren't up to the mark. KM isn't good enough, nice guy as he may be. The weaknesses we have now are the sames as we've had for years and we will struggle for the rest of the season if we see no change in manager.

Couldn't agree more spudski.

There has been a lot of negative stuff on here.

But if the crowd gets behind the team every game like last night, its a price worth paying:shocking:

I love your bright outlook and optimism Portland. I sometimes wish, i could be that way. It's become apparent that we see things from totally different perspectives, regarding the future of City under Millen. Unfortunately, however much we support and get behind the team and KM, for me, it's pointless as i don't think we have the quality to go forward under him. It might make for a nice atmosphere down the gate, and make us feel better on the day.

But...I just see the bigger picture...and for me, it will be the same old, for months to come, unless we have change.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter.

At the end of the day...we both want the best for City. Which is all that matters.

Problem for me at the moment, for anyone who cares to read on, is beforehand I'd have argued it would take significant expenditure to make it, so to that extent so long as we held down decent Championship status I was and am happy-clappy, so to speak. But as Club's such as Burnley and especially Blackpool and to a lesser extent Stoke (etc) are making decent inroads then this expenditure argument loses strength - and Clubs such as SheffU are still in the scramble whilst others yo-yo. When before in the current climate have the three west-midlands Clubs, ambitious above our level, under Villa, all been competing top flight? and it's taken huge frustration, finance and managerial roulette to finally arrive.

I'm coming closer to the conclusion that there are the likes of Owen Coyle out there who do jobs on reasonable bubgets. Thing is I don't think these sorts of guys are scouted or poached out right at first:- Paul Tisdale, Sean O'Driscol and further up the ladder David Moyes as examples. Where were these fella's managerially before clubs, such as Bristol City, took a chance on them?

I'd give Millen a real decent crack of the whip, and if we were to go down, which I don't think we will, then get rid. Seems hardened City old school want an instant fix, it does not happen! generally.

For what it's worth, I know T Penis' approach to the game wouldn't fit here, but with the attitude of hate, which I share, no City ever actually give him credit for his success. He was barracked out of AG, and he is fatally unique in our eyes, but, he has succeeded whilst we're still brewing. . . . . . .

I love your bright outlook and optimism Portland. I sometimes wish, i could be that way. It's become apparent that we see things from totally different perspectives, regarding the future of City under Millen. Unfortunately, however much we support and get behind the team and KM, for me, it's pointless as i don't think we have the quality to go forward under him. It might make for a nice atmosphere down the gate, and make us feel better on the day.

But...I just see the bigger picture...and for me, it will be the same old, for months to come, unless we have change.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter.

At the end of the day...we both want the best for City. Which is all that matters.

The strange thing is that i havent got blind optimism when it comes to City. I always harp back to how bad i felt when we went from the 1st to the 4th divisions and how angry a person i was then.

Now that ive just turned 50 i look at it all in a different way. I am realistic to know that we are never going to be a big club challenging for any major honours.

We are a mid table Championship CLUB at best imo, SL is doing his best to drag us farther up than that though.

I get as angry and frustrated as anyone on here about players/managers and the results on the pitch do reflect in how i feel in my life.

Last night is all i want, every one getting behind the team and the players playing with great passion.I want the players to play how i would if i was out there, i would run through a brick wall to win the ball!

Like you say, we all want the best for the City, and we all show different ways in how we want it.

Roll on friday, and if we show the same passion and desire on and off the pitch then who knows.........Warnock will know what to expect:devil:

Just look at watford now....last season they employed a manager who hadn't even been an assistant anywhere.

They struggled but this season they are tearing people to shreads..................we will do the same next season.

We just have to make sure we stay up like Watford did.

BCAGFC

Just look at watford now....last season they employed a manager who hadn't even been an assistant anywhere.

They struggled but this season they are tearing people to shreads..................we will do the same next season.

We just have to make sure we stay up like Watford did.

BCAGFC

that would involve patience.

if we lose to QPR expect "original red" to be chucking the snide insults about again... :fastasleep:

that would involve patience.

if we lose to QPR expect "original red" to be chucking the snide insults about again... :fastasleep:

Get a grip. Everyone's happy with both the result and probably more importantly the manner in which it was achieved. There's not one criticism on here today about KM apart from Nibor questioning the subs, and that's more than offset with deserved praise.

No-one wants it to be a blip and everyone wants it to be a turning point. However the bigger picture is that it was one win and at the moment that's an aberration.

No-one wants city to fail, but if it turns out that it was a fluke then KM will deservedly continue to get flack. If it turns out to be the start of a good run then everyone is truly happy.

The critics have got statistics and on-pitch evidence to back up their fears. What have you got to back up your unquestioning faith?

Get a grip. Everyone's happy with both the result and probably more importantly the manner in which it was achieved. There's not one criticism on here today about KM apart from Nibor questioning the subs, and that's more than offset with deserved praise.

No-one wants it to be a blip and everyone wants it to be a turning point. However the bigger picture is that it was one win and at the moment that's an aberration.

No-one wants city to fail, but if it turns out that it was a fluke then KM will deservedly continue to get flack. If it turns out to be the start of a good run then everyone is truly happy.

The critics have got statistics and on-pitch evidence to back up their fears. What have you got to back up your unquestioning faith?

Who said I haven't questioned? Making assumptions there.

I have no problem with a lot of the "flack" Millen is getting, What I do have a problem with is some of the immature, rude and downright insulting posts made by Originalred amongst others directed towards a man who has been here for 10 years and deserved his chance.

Millen has got plenty wrong this season, But he's new to management, he's going to question himself occasionally and chop and change the formation until he finds something he is comfortable with. that's logical.

Some of the crap spouted on here however is not.

My grip is perfectly intact thank you very much.

The strange thing is that i havent got blind optimism when it comes to City. I always harp back to how bad i felt when we went from the 1st to the 4th divisions and how angry a person i was then.

Now that ive just turned 50 i look at it all in a different way. I am realistic to know that we are never going to be a big club challenging for any major honours.

We are a mid table Championship CLUB at best imo, SL is doing his best to drag us farther up than that though.

I get as angry and frustrated as anyone on here about players/managers and the results on the pitch do reflect in how i feel in my life.

Last night is all i want, every one getting behind the team and the players playing with great passion.I want the players to play how i would if i was out there, i would run through a brick wall to win the ball!

Like you say, we all want the best for the City, and we all show different ways in how we want it.

Roll on friday, and if we show the same passion and desire on and off the pitch then who knows.........Warnock will know what to expect:devil:

That speech, although I found quite simple in terms of its content hit me quite hard. Tell me though, before the modern day, did each Clubs fans' bicker and think better so. Am good friends with an Arsenan die hard, who dips into one of their cyber forums for a laugh an it really does give him it. Wenger to go one week, Walcott complete shite the next, 5 years no trophie but it's all bollox opinions innt really? dunno why to bother...X

1. Gutted that tonight's result means Millen has not been given the boot? - I don't hate Millen, I just know he's not the man to take this club up and maybe I'm asking for too much but I want a manager with a good reputation, a strong line of connections and the ability to outclass a manager using good tactics. So am I happy that Millen will stay... yes, am I happy with a win.... of course but one tastey grape in a sour bunch doesn't mean much.

2. Not convinced that there is anything positive to take and remain hopeful that he will be given the boot in due course? - I'd be happy if he can keep us up this season but is let go at the end of the season for a better manager.

3. Think we are beginning to gel and about to turn a corner? - Not really. One good performance doesn't mean much, it's being consistent that does so I guess the next 6-7 games will be a better time to access this.

4. Are worried that city could put in an equally good performance on Friday that may undermine your agenda? - No, end of the day I want us to win but that doesn't mean I think Millen will be the man to take us up.

No matter how you access the situation one win doesn't change that we're bottom of the league, having only showed a good spirit in one match all season.

Oh what like your doing? I dont know what your obsession is with me but please give it a rest you ****.

not been snide at all, rarely any insults.

No obsession, just you post pointless, poorly spelt, negative and usually downright rude crap. I'm suprised you haven't noticed most other posters picking up on it too...

not been snide at all, rarely any insults.

No obsession, just you post pointless, poorly spelt, negative and usually downright rude crap. I'm suprised you haven't noticed most other posters picking up on it too...

Poorly spelt? Sorry, i didnt know you had to have an A* in English to use this forum. :doh: (a B is obviously not good enough these days)

And just for the record, Ive done nothing but praise the team and managment since last night, because they DESERVED praise! however the jury is still out and they will need to put in consistant performances to win me back completely, which is obvious as 1 win doesnt make a season! (mabie for the short sighted like yourself) but for now they have my backing and good luck to them.

is that English enough for you? :doh:

Poorly spelt? Sorry, i didnt know you had to have an A* in English to use this forum. :doh: (a B is obviously not good enough these days)

And just for the record, Ive done nothing but praise the team and managment since last night, because they DESERVED praise! however the jury is still out and they will need to put in consistant performances to win me back completely, which is obvious as 1 win doesnt make a season! (mabie for the short sighted like yourself) but for now they have my backing and good luck to them.

Maybe:whistle2:

Now, see if you posted like that, with reasons and a bit of fluency, I wouldn't pick up on everything you say.

That post is a good one. bar the sly insult(which incidently is so hipocritical it's unreal!)

It's when you try to be funny, and insult people from behind a computer screen that makes me think you are a berk.

so, if you show some maturity in your postings, have something constructive a reasoned to say, you won't be picked up on. If you continue to act like a child, you will be.

simple.

Archived