IGNORED

If Skuse Is Fit

Pete1975Legend

Not how I would have phrased it, but I would be disappointed if he came back into the team at the expense of LJ or Elliot (or indeed at the expense of a proper winger).

Never been my favourite player and this season has been very poor. If he gets back in on Friday I am definitely joining the Millen out campaign.

I'd be very unhappy if Millen changes the starting lineup.

LJ must start has he had a very good game, and I can't see Millen dropping Elliot who's been playing a bit better lately.

Keep with the wide men at home, and hopefully we can get an early goal Friday and get Colin in a mood ASAP.

I think it'd be unwise for Millen to change the team after a morale-boosting, solid victory. We've had so much upheaval this season that I'd like to think we can start to settle the team down a bit after a good performance like last night. I hope he keeps it the same, barring injury; and for what it's worth I think Skuse has had a poor season so far and Lee Johnson deserves to retain his place.

I've been one of Skuse's biggest fans since the first time I saw him play, and thought he was superb last season, getting close to reaching his full potential. This season, though, he hasn't played as well, and has seemed to me short on confidence. I still think he'll come good, and have no doubt he'll work as hard as anyone to improve his game.

After Tuesday, though, he should stay out of the team until the team's performances warrant a change. You should very rarely change a winning team, and those who played in midfield on Tuesday did more than enough to keep their places.

I so hope the overrated golden boy doesn't come back in we look so much better when he is not playing.

Cole Skuse is decent player. He did become a bit of a golden boy - but just because he's going through a rough patch, does not mean he has no future.

Lee Johnson has had his difficult periods and is now playing well - I'm sure Cole Skuse will play well for us again in the future.

Cole Skuse is decent player. He did become a bit of a golden boy - but just because he's going through a rough patch, does not mean he has no future.

Lee Johnson has had his difficult periods and is now playing well - I'm sure Cole Skuse will play well for us again in the future.

No he isn't, he is useless, has been all of his pathetic career. The only reason he plays is because he comes from Bristol and has somehow made it through our academy....oh yea and apparently he is a really nice guy and so modest...blah blah blah.

Ever since Skuse became a relative regular in and around our first team we have been on a negative slide and in my opinion it is his total lack of ability that has contributed to our decline.

He really is the most over-rated player to play for BCFC, hotly followed by the Aussie Clown, Carle.

The best test is this, when he is unfit do we miss his presence? The answer is conclusive, no we don't, in fact you could argue to the contrary.

If l had the time, l would look into the stats where Skuse has played and the results we achieve. I am confident it would not make pretty reading. I just feel sorry for other players who have had their paths blocked due to Skuse (completely unjustifiably) playing ahead of them.

Totally disagree - absolute rubbish - he was very good last season and surprised even myself with how much he improved. I once thought he would never get past or near elliott in terms of ability, but last season he was much better than elliott.

i think one of the mistakes millen & johnson made is that we played elliott and skuse together - for me, this has never worked.

No he isn't, he is useless, has been all of his pathetic career. The only reason he plays is because he comes from Bristol and has somehow made it through our academy....oh yea and apparently he is a really nice guy and so modest...blah blah blah.

Ever since Skuse became a relative regular in and around our first team we have been on a negative slide and in my opinion it is his total lack of ability that has contributed to our decline.

He really is the most over-rated player to play for BCFC, hotly followed by the Aussie Clown, Carle.

The best test is this, when he is unfit do we miss his presence? The answer is conclusive, no we don't, in fact you could argue to the contrary.

If l had the time, l would look into the stats where Skuse has played and the results we achieve. I am confident it would not make pretty reading. I just feel sorry for other players who have had their paths blocked due to Skuse (completely unjustifiably) playing ahead of them.

What a load of rubbish. Cole would probably be first to admit that he hasn't started that well this season due to several reasons. The rest of the team haven't been performing well plus he has also been struggling with an injury for the past 6/7 months. About a year and a half ago Cole was one of the best young midfielders in the championship. The fact that he's a local lad and has come through our much criticised academy obviously means he'd become something of a fan's favourite and a key figure in the team. Really can't believe some of the disrespectful comments I've read on here recently about our most longstanding players/management (Carey, Millen, Skuse).

i think one of the mistakes millen & johnson made is that we played elliott and skuse together - for me, this has never worked.

Yeah I agree. Hopefully Millen will be more aware of this now seeing how well LJ's done every time he's played this season. Nothing against Skuse because he's still a big part of our team/squad but this injury really is a blessing in disguise in my opinion.

Totally disagree - absolute rubbish - he was very good last season and surprised even myself with how much he improved. I once thought he would never get past or near elliott in terms of ability, but last season he was much better than elliott.

....one of the mistakes Millen and GJ made was to play a League Two midfielder (Skuse) in a Championship side...and that is one of the reasons we had such a bad season!

A midfield combination of Skuse plus anybody, is a combination that will never work. I would love a quality Bristolian to be our midfield general, but alas Skuse is miles from that title l'm afraid.

Why don't we keep an eye on it this season and return to this thread in April/May time. I promise l will not utter the words "l told you so". Ha ha

....one of the mistakes Millen and GJ made was to play a League Two midfielder (Skuse) in a Championship side...and that is one of the reasons we had such a bad season!

A midfield combination of Skuse plus anybody, is a combination that will never work. I would love a quality Bristolian to be our midfield general, but alas Skuse is miles from that title l'm afraid.

Why don't we keep an eye on it this season and return to this thread in April/May time. I promise l will not utter the words "l told you so". Ha ha

Haha I love it when fans almost seem to be pleased because a player they dislike/don't rate goes through a poor patch

So how the hell did this League Two player do so well last season?

Some discracefull comments on this and other threads. Why must you have someone slate? Last year Skuse was rightly named player of the season, just becausehe doesn't grab the headlines some people (perhaps less able to read a match) wont notice the work he does.

This season he's been no worse or better than anyone else, Im sure if he played in Tuesdays team his performance would have benefitted from having confident, focused and determined team mates around him.

As for the pathetic "golden boy" and only picked cos he's bristollian bollocks, it was only last year that he had a long run in the side bearing in mind the length of time he's been at the club.

We've all been patting ourselves on the back for Tuesdays support, well support should mean the club as a whole and not looking for someone to scapegoat all the time.

Some discracefull comments on this and other threads. Why must you have someone slate? Last year Skuse was rightly named player of the season, just becausehe doesn't grab the headlines some people (perhaps less able to read a match) wont notice the work he does.

This season he's been no worse or better than anyone else, Im sure if he played in Tuesdays team his performance would have benefitted from having confident, focused and determined team mates around him.

As for the pathetic "golden boy" and only picked cos he's bristollian bollocks, it was only last year that he had a long run in the side bearing in mind the length of time he's been at the club.

We've all been patting ourselves on the back for Tuesdays support, well support should mean the club as a whole and not looking for someone to scapegoat all the time.

As much as I'll stick up for skuse now - golden boy is what I used to call him!

he was very good last season - but there was times previous to that when he as played poorly and has been immune from criticism.

Being a bristol boy he is sometimes over-rated - that said - anyone who claims he is rubbish and 'a league 2 player' is just clueless.

So how the hell did this League Two player do so well last season?

Riaz, he could not have had such a great season, we were in a relegation scrap for most of it! Therefore, I don't think he did have such a good season. I've always thought he is a poor player, whatever position he plays.

Who is using Skuse as a scapegoat? To suggest that would mean that a player (in this instance you state Skuse) would have to affect a game in a negative way. Skuse doesn't affect any game in anyway.

Riaz, he could not have had such a great season, we were in a relegation scrap for most of it! Therefore, I don't think he did have such a good season. I've always thought he is a poor player, whatever position he plays.

deary me - you call that a relegation scrap? we drop to something like 16th once and finished 10th - your clutching at straws mate.

As much as I'll stick up for skuse now - golden boy is what I used to call him!

he was very good last season - but there was times previous to that when he as played poorly and has been immune from criticism.

Being a bristol boy he is sometimes over-rated - that said - anyone who claims he is rubbish and 'a league 2 player' is just clueless.

So tell me fountain of all football knowledge, what exactly are Skuse's attributes?....and if he is so good, why have we been heading down the league for the past three years, three years in which Skuse has played a significant percentage of matches, in a position widely regard in the footballing world (although l will bow to your super footballing knowledge) as the most influential in any team (central midfield).

Does he create or score goals...NO

Does he prevent goals from being conceded...NO (see goals away for the past three years)

So tell me O'holy one, what does Skuse of Bristol add to our team?

one of the most hilariously inept football criticisms i've ever heard was directed at cole skuse - "he only looks good because he has more space and time on the ball than the other midfielders" - no hint of positioning, first touch, awareness or control, just luck of course

The holy one would like to make aware that cole skuse cannot prevent goals being conceded on behalf of the whole team.

To clarify - He's a energtic midfielder who does alot of defending and a decent passer of the ball.

Not for one minute do I think he is amazing - but simply a decent player at this level.

Riaz, fair comment. Just for the record, nothing would make me happier (well apart from having a more sexy missus) than Skuse ramming my comments down my throat. I sincerely hope he does. I am just not convinced he is the player to push us forward once again.

I loves the City and all l want is for us to succeed. Perhaps my comments were borne a little out of frustration due to our slide down the league over the last couple of years. I suppose that is a consequence of reaching the play-off final.

Up the city!

Archived