IGNORED

Patrick Agyemang

BITW

A cross found him , as far as i'm concerned thats service. Either that or he played against shit defenders!!

Your call

It was a shot, not a cross - the big lummox just happened to be int he way. If he had been playing for us it would have hit him and ballooned over the bar.

it wasn't even a good goal, it was merely a case of right place right time

Gary Lineker anyone ?

Dont get me wrong , I think he's shit too , but the fact he has scored against us is more annoying thann everyone slagging him off. If I was Milen I would have all our defenders watching DVD's of all his performances for us last year , and then asking them if they deserve to put the word "defender" on their passports

Personally thought he looked dangerous when he came on... Because he was playing off of Hulse and not the other way round.

When he was here we played him as a target man, despite him not being that sort of player. He's Strong and quick...

So, the difference was Gary Johnson and Neil Warnock.

Not really, he had one chance and took it. Most QPR fans will tell you that he's normally sh** for them. Just got lucky last night IMO, as the ball fell to him for an easy tap in. GJ has always got the better of the 2 in the way of tactics. Even Millen won the tactical battle last night. As far as PA is concerned, his best position is striker for a League 2 team. Didn't show an ounce of pace or strength for us.

Not really, he had one chance and took it. Most QPR fans will tell you that he's normally sh** for them. Just got lucky last night IMO, as the ball fell to him for an easy tap in. GJ has always got the better of the 2 in the way of tactics. Even Millen won the tactical battle last night. As far as PA is concerned, his best position is striker for a League 2 team. Didn't show an ounce of pace or strength for us.

I'm not slagging Gary off don't get me wrong! Top manager for us! But his one weak point was strikers. Either knowing how to get the best from them or signing them.

Trundle, Byfield, Styvar, Aggy, even Maynard and Dele

I'm not saying Aggy is a world beater, and he was terrible for us, but he did look quick and dangerous last night, and that was entirely down to teh fact he was playing off Hulse and not having the ball cracked at him from 60 yards.

Trundle needed the ball to his feet early to be a success, Byfield needed his first touch better utilised, Styvar was a terrible buy! Aggy and Dele wanted the ball at their feet to run at the full back and power into the box, and Maynard never got the service and took to long range shooting (luckily he's a bloody demon from range)

I'm not slagging Gary off don't get me wrong! Top manager for us! But his one weak point was strikers. Either knowing how to get the best from them or signing them.

Trundle, Byfield, Styvar, Aggy, even Maynard and Dele

I'm not saying Aggy is a world beater, and he was terrible for us, but he did look quick and dangerous last night, and that was entirely down to teh fact he was playing off Hulse and not having the ball cracked at him from 60 yards.

Trundle needed the ball to his feet early to be a success, Byfield needed his first touch better utilised, Styvar was a terrible buy! Aggy and Dele wanted the ball at their feet to run at the full back and power into the box, and Maynard never got the service and took to long range shooting (luckily he's a bloody demon from range)

Point accepted. I would argue that he did get the best out of Maynard though! He did play to Dele's strength ... his ... er ... strength. Probably should have taken the gamble and given him a 2yr contract though. Byfield was good for us in the Championship, but wasn't going to get any better. Same could be said for Jevons. Showumni also, but at least we got a great song out of that one. What's that coming over the hill ... Some of his signings upfront were very poor. Bas Savage on loan anyone? Had a bit of bad luck with Brooker's injury problems and was probably wise to sell him on. Trunds maybe wasn't quite good enough for this level and lacked the pace needed to be successful in the Championship. I think you're right about strikers not being his strong point. Maybe also due to the lack of creativity in midfield. Nothing changes it seems...

Point accepted. I would argue that he did get the best out of Maynard though! He did play to Dele's strength ... his ... er ... strength. Probably should have taken the gamble and given him a 2yr contract though. Byfield was good for us in the Championship, but wasn't going to get any better. Same could be said for Jevons. Showumni also, but at least we got a great song out of that one. What's that coming over the hill ... Some of his signings upfront were very poor. Bas Savage on loan anyone? Had a bit of bad luck with Brooker's injury problems and was probably wise to sell him on. Trunds maybe wasn't quite good enough for this level and lacked the pace needed to be successful in the Championship. I think you're right about strikers not being his strong point. Maybe also due to the lack of creativity in midfield. Nothing changes it seems...

Personally, I didnt think we played to Dele's strengths at all. Dele was at his absolutly brutal best when he had the ball at his feet and was running at a defender, forcing them backwards with his deceptive pace and strength. He was used as a long ball target for the majority of his time here, and his heading ability is pretty bad, as is his first touch. Considering we didn't see Dele at his best, just imagine how much of a fans favouite he would have been if he had more chances to run with the ball and create and score goals!

The Dele Adebola scenario was probably my only gripe with GJ's reign, other than that the bloke was a true City hero! My favourite ever city manager!

edit:

On the subject of Maynard, I'd argue that he has had to develop his game massively to succeed in City's side, Most of his goals at Crewe were 1v1's, but GJ never played a formation to utilise that aspect of his game, So he was forced to shoot from range and create his own goals!

He didn't score many goals that were entirely of his own making, where as last year, I'd say at least 15 of his 20 were moments of individual inspiration.

I get the feeling that the same will happen to Pitman, His movement and runs looked great in the game I saw him... but nobody picked him out. like you say, midfield creativity...

Complete Plank. Had the nerve to celebrate too. He has been added to my championship hate team which includes Billy Sharp, Shaun Derry, Robbie Savage, Michael Chopra, Stern John, Liam Lawrence and Rob Earnshaw - Managed by Neil Warnock.

Why couldn't he celebrate? Him being booed probably didn't help and actually possibly made him want to score even more than usual.

To be honest I find the attitudes on this thread, worrying.

PA scored, so what ?

He came to City and didn't do well. For one he never got service, he came to us after being injured and probably wasn't fit and he also came to a team which at the time was low in morale and after 2 or 3 games was banished to the reserves. Has it not occurred to anyone the bloke never got a serious chance and you are only as good as the players around you.

Give the bloke a break it's not as if he signed a 5 year deal on 20k a week and creamed the club for money, but the way he is being spoke about on here, anyone would think he murdered someone.

Pre game he clapped the Atteyo fans as he came out to train, only to get boo's back. If I was him I would have been a bit upset from that, but it surely would have fired me up to say I'll show them.

Bristol City doesn't seem to ever do well with strikers, jesus even Stern John can score goals for Palace & Southampton, who are worse sides than us, but here he looked useless.

Myself I have nothing wrong with PA, okay he scored the equaliser, but if you wanna blame anyone, blame Millen. Sitting back with 35 minutes to go at home and playing a defensive formation, and then further more not even using subs late on when that would have slowed the game down and taken QPR off play when they were ripping up our defence.

Don'y blame Patrick, he only done his job ! Pity Millen didn't do his.

Archived