IGNORED

Marv

jfkerton

Did we have the Marv of old back tonight? He was EVERYWHERE!

Thought he had a really solid game, breaking up and recycling play like the player we know he is. Some of his decision making was a bit shoddy I'll admit, but Marv seems to be sorting out his act lately, and we as a team are benefiting from it.

Thought LF and SC had really solid games tonight for us at center back also, and if DH could finish we'd have been laughing all the way to the finish line within the 1st half.

Next job for Milly: Sort out the set plays! the QPR corners were always a real threat and we never looked comfortable with them.

Thought he had a really solid game, breaking up and recycling play like the player we know he is. Some of his decision making was a bit shoddy I'll admit, but Marv seems to be sorting out his act lately, and we as a team are benefiting from it.

Thought LF and SC had really solid games tonight for us at center back also, and if DH could finish we'd have been laughing all the way to the finish line within the 1st half.

Next job for Milly: Sort out the set plays! the QPR corners were always a real threat and we never looked comfortable with them.

He plays his best football with LJ

He put in a solid shift today. Especially in the first half doing the job for two men.

He had a shocker tonight how anyone thinks different I'll never know the one shot asides he was pony! Failed to complete simple passes, never won any notable tackles, won little in the air compared to normal and looked off the pace! I'm an elliott fan even had him down as first scorer but tonight he was terrible!

Marvs do the dirty job and he did it very well tonight. Especially in the first half. He is not a footballer though. One could only hope that his partner, LJ, would have taken the advantage, but he did not. LJ was average at the best tonight while Rose raised his game in the second half being one of our better players. LJ is no the answer. Don't fool yourself.

Tonights performance was very indifferent tonight. What Marv did really well was breaking up QPR attacks, he worked really hard. I thought defending was spot on.

Where he had short comings was going forwards, his passing & distribution wasnt great.

To be fair, he's not our playmaker, he's there to stop the attacking team, he did that tonight and put steps in place to regaining the form we all desire from his 1st season.

We sat too deep in the last 35 minutes , everyone gave the ball away because we had few forward options. I dont want to take too much of the gloss off of a decent point , but for me , the manager got the tatics wrong.

Still , onwards and upwards

:fingerscrossed:

Some of you don't get why a player like Elliott is in the team....go think.

Surely at this level all players should be able to pass the ball straight.

You can not deny Marv's energy levels and ability to break up play and win the ball, but when he wins it he then gives it back to the opposition.

If I am paying £20-30 per game, I want to see players who can play not just a "destroyer" with good stamina.

He was by far the worst player on the pitch.

agree marv was awful got nowhere near their midfielders he looked sluggish ,running in circles all night. yes he got tackles in but for me it showed the lack of quality in middle. thought lj was back to being out of his depth again .everyone gave their all but stead had no support from the middle 2 in fact he was helping them out .i have never seen a centre forward work so hard for a team what a grafter.

Don't understand how you can say that. He put in a really good shift and was together with James, Carey, Caulker and Stead our best players. Add Rose for his second half performance.

I think he had a bit of a mixed game. He will run his a*** off for the team and close players down. However, he's not likely to be able to pass the ball around with any confidence. Last night he did the former quite well and the latter terribly.

Yes, credit to him for having an impact on the game.

Credit to him and the rest of the team. A very good performance from everyone. In the case of Adomah, he still gave 100%, even if he did look knackered. We may not have kept possession well, but were organised at the back. If we put the level of commitment that we showed yesterday into each game, we'll easily rise up the table.

Some of you don't get why a player like Elliott is in the team....go think.

15 hours or so later and I'm still thinking... perhaps because he was quite good a couple of years back? No surely there must be more to it than that. Correct me if I'm wrong but despite all this great defensive work wasn't he the one who lost his man at the corner leading to the goal?

Archived