IGNORED

Marv

jfkerton

Upon seeing the split regarding Marv, i decided to ask my mates what they thought. The following is taken from a sample of Reading, Middlesbrough, Swindon and Plymouth fans.

If they could all have ONE center mid from City in there team, who would they pick?

All 4 said ME, if other clubs fans rate him and some of ours don't then there can't be a lot wrong with him.

Now i know a lot of you want a Mekelele and Xabi Alonso partnership in the middle of the park, but we are Bristol City, not farking Real Madrid. ME would even get into some lower prem teams IMO, so let's all agree to disagree on the subject and stay away from the personal insults.

if marv was techincally better than he was, and in particular had a higher pass completion rate, he wouldnt be playing for us he'd be walking into almost every Premier League team from about 8th place down. we should just be grateful for what wev'e got, a player who seems to be getting his fire back and is one of the most dynamic midfielders in the division.

agree marv was awful got nowhere near their midfielders he looked sluggish ,running in circles all night. yes he got tackles in but for me it showed the lack of quality in middle. thought lj was back to being out of his depth again .everyone gave their all but stead had no support from the middle 2 in fact he was helping them out .i have never seen a centre forward work so hard for a team what a grafter.

So let me get this straight...... "he got nowhere near there midfielders" BUT "yes he got tackles in".

So...... which one is it again?

Thought he did what he does best, and yes, he ALWAYS plays better with LJ.

I though Marvin did a very good job of breaking up play myself, he's not in the side for his silky passing, he's there for his athleticism, strength, aggression and work rate. He's not quite lived up to his first season with us since the knee injury but there were good signs on Friday night.

I thought he had a decent game, and his performances have improved recently. I have been a big critic of Marv recently, as I have felt the things he's in the side for; breaking up play, geting stuck in and putting himself about, he's been lacking. However, there has been signs of vast improvement in the last 3/4 games imo and he is beginning to look like the player he was for us a couple of seasons ago. He has never been brilliant on the ball and his passing can be poor at times, but as others have said, this is not why he's in the team.

To say he was the worst player on the pitch Friday is very harsh indeed and I thought Elliot dealt with Derry very well, especially in the first half. I hope these improved performances continue as the Elliot we saw for much of last season was very, very poor.

no he was not. nuff said.

Headless chicken springs to mind,

running around everywhere that why we get exploited in the middle,

runs around like a 10 year old, no positional sence what so ever, awful in my book.

and while i am at it,

millen negative tactics, thats why we always concede late goals he has learnt nothing, crap piont in my view 1-0 up and should have went at um, bloody poor show, 5 in midfield, plays like a loser and gives the team no confidence going forward thats why year on year we dont score many, millen can leave in my book.

I though he was out of the game in the first 20 minutes when we were trying establish some midfield possession by passing the ball around, once we lost that battle and we tried to regain the game by closing people down and applying workrate he came into the game. I doubt Marvin would consider one of his attributes to be his passing skills so that analysis would probably make sense to most people.

I thought Cisse showed a better combination of the two aspects of the game when he came on and he was also a better foil for LJ.

I also think that it is interesting to see that the two players that seem to be on Jamo's wavelength when it comes to moving the ball out of defence are LJ and Stead.

runs around like a 10 year old, no positional sence what so ever, awful in my book.

and while i am at it,

millen negative tactics, thats why we always concede late goals he has learnt nothing, crap piont in my view 1-0 up and should have went at um, bloody poor show, 5 in midfield, plays like a loser and gives the team no confidence going forward thats why year on year we dont score many, millen can leave in my book.

Uh Oh, Terjons back ...... :whistle2:

and while i am at it,

What do you mean always concede late goals? I can't think of many this season, we've just been comfortably beaten far too often! We conceded late against Donnie (due to a moment of madness) and QPR, and conceded a third going for it at Fratton...

Uh Oh, Terjons back ...... :whistle2:

Yes TERJON is back, never been away, but have stayed watching this team falter,

i told you all in the summer we were bottom 6 material and you all said i was wrong,

well so far i am right,

The problem is Millen, nice bloke crap motivator and poor manager, negative tactics, spends too much time worrying about the oppostion, Mr johnson often got the blame, but you all clearly saw on friday night what MILLEN is about when we went 1-0 up,

I hope we can improve and the likes of ROSE, Cauker, stead, pittman who have all signed since i last commented are much better signings the other 3, cisse, hunt, stewart,............now haynes is getting back along with carey, ribs, and hopefully maynard we should bo ok,

but make no mistake MILLEN is a negative coach,

thats why we dont score many goals since he has been at the club,

but as you say a nice bloke,

Yes TERJON is back, never been away, but have stayed watching this team falter,

i told you all in the summer we were bottom 6 material and you all said i was wrong,

well so far i am right,

The problem is Millen, nice bloke crap motivator and poor manager, negative tactics, spends too much time worrying about the oppostion, Mr johnson often got the blame, but you all clearly saw on friday night what MILLEN is about when we went 1-0 up,

I hope we can improve and the likes of ROSE, Cauker, stead, pittman who have all signed since i last commented are much better signings the other 3, cisse, hunt, stewart,............now haynes is getting back along with carey, ribs, and hopefully maynard we should bo ok,

but make no mistake MILLEN is a negative coach,

thats why we dont score many goals since he has been at the club,

but as you say a nice bloke,

I think we have seen already that the 4 you mention that MILLEN signed look better than the ones you mention that he didn't. Don't give him any credit though will you. You keep on about the negative tactics against an unbeaten team at the top of the league but fail to admit that we actually looked more effective going forward after the substitution to strengthen the midfield. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda. We are all aware that you would prefer to see the team fail just to prove you right.

So let me get this straight...... "he got nowhere near there midfielders" BUT "yes he got tackles in".

So...... which one is it again?

Thought he did what he does best, and yes, he ALWAYS plays better with LJ.

his tackles were all lunges from miles away they look good but he should be closer not diving in like he has too . he looked lost to me drifting all over

I think we have seen already that the 4 you mention that MILLEN signed look better than the ones you mention that he didn't. Don't give him any credit though will you. You keep on about the negative tactics against an unbeaten team at the top of the league but fail to admit that we actually looked more effective going forward after the substitution to strengthen the midfield. But hey don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda. We are all aware that you would prefer to see the team fail just to prove you right.

If you cant hack the facts mate thats your problem,

Millen is not a good manager,

city do now have a good squad, but his tactics will scupper any real chance of progress, QPR are ok, they wont get anywhere near promotion not even play off material in my book, time will tell,

With the right manager we would still finish above them even now,

but millen if he remains needs to be positive, and go for it ,

Archived