IGNORED

Danny Rose's Late Tackle On Derry

Drew Peacock

what a complete worthless reply

i reckon it should be a 9/10 he did look to be in pain :dancing2:

One of your school chums is he ? advocating serious injury to a proffessional footballer is immature in the extreme, illustrates your complete ignorance and does nothing to support the good sportsmanship advocated by BCFC or its proper football supporters. This thread should be suspended and erased. Low lifes like you are just complete Neanderthals.

Grow up.!

One of your school chums is he ? advocating serious injury to a proffessional footballer is immature in the extreme, illustrates your complete ignorance and does nothing to support the good sportsmanship advocated by BCFC or its proper football supporters. This thread should be suspended and erased. Low lifes like you are just complete Neanderthals.

Grow up.!

sorry for liking a bit of hard tackling in football

we should make it a non contact sport now to please fannies like you

Grow up.!

Jeeez wind it in son.

Perhaps netball is more your thing?

:rolleyes:

No, it didn't get the biggest cheer of the night; fortunately the majority of City fans don't enjoy dangerous play and potentially serious injury. The reaction of the crowd was largely collective holding of breath to see whether it was going to be a yellow or a red card.

I've nothing against hard tackling, but that wasn't hard tackling.It was a foul, and a very rash and dangerous lunge, after the ball had gone.

I also have always had a serious dislike of Derry and his antics in the past and he's one of the players I most dislike. However, I have to say that his response last night was brilliant. He was clearly hurt, but didn't make a fuss, and I watched him when he came back on the pitch and the next time he was near Danny Rose he gave him the thumbs up, and shook his hand. He also went over to Danny on the half time whistle and gave him a pat on the back. Good reaction I thought, and certainly not one that warrants people coming on here and praising the assault on him.

No, it didn't get the biggest cheer of the night; fortunately the majority of City fans don't enjoy dangerous play and potentially serious injury. The reaction of the crowd was largely collective holding of breath to see whether it was going to be a yellow or a red card.

I've nothing against hard tackling, but that wasn't hard tackling.It was a foul, and a very rash and dangerous lunge, after the ball had gone.

I also have always had a serious dislike of Derry and his antics in the past and he's one of the players I most dislike. However, I have to say that his response last night was brilliant. He was clearly hurt, but didn't make a fuss, and I watched him when he came back on the pitch and the next time he was near Danny Rose he gave him the thumbs up, and shook his hand. He also went over to Danny on the half time whistle and gave him a pat on the back. Good reaction I thought, and certainly not one that warrants people coming on here and praising the assault on him.

Just goes to prove Dave, does it not, that a brief moment in a players career, seen by one set of opposing fans in a match that is fading into history, does not make the true character of the man.

On the other hand the vitriol directed at Rooney this week is largely accurate, in my view, as he seems to go out of his small minded way to wind people up. He is the sort of player we simply do not need in football and is killing the positive nature of the game. Derry, on the other hand, may actually be a very decent person. Your explanation of his reaction suggests to me he is a true professional unlike his massively overpaid jerk of a peer at Old Trafford.

sorry for liking a bit of hard tackling in football

we should make it a non contact sport now to please fannies like you

Dont apologies for being ignorant...I played football at Div 3 level in the 70,s and then in the Southern league and Northern Premier before a broken leg from a hard tackle ended my career prematurely. During this time I also sufferd a fractured ankle, broken jaw, fractured temple, and broken nose ( twice) and lost 4 teeth through illegal "hard tackles" by so called "hard men" so dont call me a fanny thank you.! you dont know a thing about what you are talking about.

• SC&T Board Members

Not saying I found it funny, but words over a forum are hardly going to do any damage are they.

BTW, sorry to hear you suffered a bad injury.

What annoys me about rash fouls of this sort is not so much that they could cause injury, though that clearly is not a result that any sane fan would want, but more that they could easily end in a red card and through a rush of blood to the head the player has thus left his colleagues a man down for the rest of the game. If Rose or any other player had got themselves sent off last night, we'd have really have had our backs to the wall.

Dont assume that team members and management dont read these forums regularly because they do. Theres no place in professional football for players who deliberately go out to inflict potentially career threatening injurries on a fellow proffessionals or those who condone this sort of thing.

I dont doubt that Roses tackle was not malicious but to make suggestions that it was, and ineffective at that is seriously discrediting the player and I dont find it humerous at all.

I am I abnormal in thinking this.?

same as you mate,i like proper hard football,if its clean,

it is a contact sport after all.

It wasnt a clean takle tho was it and i have seen red cards issued for alot less than tht rose was very lucky to stay on the field but after that thought e played very well :D

same as you mate,i like proper hard football,if its clean,

it is a contact sport after all.

It wasnt a clean takle tho was it and i have seen red cards issued for alot less than tht rose was very lucky to stay on the field but after that thought e played very well :D

i agree with you.Must say thought it might be a red card just glad it was not.

Dont apologies for being ignorant...I played football at Div 3 level in the 70,s and then in the Southern league and Northern Premier before a broken leg from a hard tackle ended my career prematurely. During this time I also sufferd a fractured ankle, broken jaw, fractured temple, and broken nose ( twice) and lost 4 teeth through illegal "hard tackles" by so called "hard men" so dont call me a fanny thank you.! you dont know a thing about what you are talking about.

You mean to say that all your injuries were caused deliberately? Why were they picking on you Dave? Were you a "dish it out but can't take it" type? or just in the wrong place at the wrong time with people who wanted to hurt you.....5 times....?

And judging by your horrific injury list, you seem to have done an awful lot of tackling - most of it with your face though, apparently.

Dont assume that team members and management dont read these forums regularly because they do. Theres no place in professional football for players who deliberately go out to inflict potentially career threatening injurries on a fellow proffessionals or those who condone this sort of thing.

I dont doubt that Roses tackle was not malicious but to make suggestions that it was, and ineffective at that is seriously discrediting the player and I dont find it humerous at all.

I am I abnormal in thinking this.?

Hey lighten up mate, having seen the tackle in real time and several replays. Rose actually gets the ball first and catches Derry on the follow through, that used to be called 'a good tackle' before football was sanitised by the prawn sandwich brigade who are slowly turning the sport into a non contact sport (apart from the all in wrestling match that is allowed at every dead ball situation) and for the record Derry is an old pro who I think also made a meal of it to ensure Rose was booked.

10 out of 10, good to see a winger getting stuck in for a change.

Archived