IGNORED

Danny Rose's Late Tackle On Derry

Drew Peacock

Jesus it was obviously meant as a laugh.

Why do people get so assy about it?

I think a few people may be hungover and have lost their sense of humour. I found the post funny. I would never advocate deliberately injuring a player, but the comment was made in jest. I have to say though, that it couldn't have happened to a nicer player. The irony that some City fans seem to idolise Colin, who encourages that way of playing, also seems to be lost on certain people.

Enjoyed it very much, good timing but not quite enough force in it for me. Danny, try & get your whole body weight behind a tackle on a shit like him.

I'll give it 8/10.

I can see there are those in this thread who think one side of the argument deplore the tackle and, by definition, deplore getting stuck in generally. I would take a wild guess here but i don't think BFDave is against a crunching hard tackle IF its a fair one. I think where he and his supporters are a bit miffed is when Drew you insinuate you wished for damage to be left.

If that was the intention in your remark then you are of course entitled to it and equally i can see why others would get angry about it. if it was not then i think most, if not all, would agree a fair, hard, and crunching tackle is what we want to see.

Dont apologies for being ignorant...I played football at Div 3 level in the 70,s and then in the Southern league and Northern Premier before a broken leg from a hard tackle ended my career prematurely. During this time I also sufferd a fractured ankle, broken jaw, fractured temple, and broken nose ( twice) and lost 4 teeth through illegal "hard tackles" by so called "hard men" so dont call me a fanny thank you.! you dont know a thing about what you are talking about.

You suffered all of that in 1 GAME?... you must be a likeable fella :whistle2:

No, it didn't get the biggest cheer of the night; fortunately the majority of City fans don't enjoy dangerous play and potentially serious injury. The reaction of the crowd was largely collective holding of breath to see whether it was going to be a yellow or a red card.

I've nothing against hard tackling, but that wasn't hard tackling.It was a foul, and a very rash and dangerous lunge, after the ball had gone.

I also have always had a serious dislike of Derry and his antics in the past and he's one of the players I most dislike. However, I have to say that his response last night was brilliant. He was clearly hurt, but didn't make a fuss, and I watched him when he came back on the pitch and the next time he was near Danny Rose he gave him the thumbs up, and shook his hand. He also went over to Danny on the half time whistle and gave him a pat on the back. Good reaction I thought, and certainly not one that warrants people coming on here and praising the assault on him.

I shouldn't think he did complain the dirty little b-----d that he is!

Dont apologies for being ignorant...I played football at Div 3 level in the 70,s and then in the Southern league and Northern Premier before a broken leg from a hard tackle ended my career prematurely. During this time I also sufferd a fractured ankle, broken jaw, fractured temple, and broken nose ( twice) and lost 4 teeth through illegal "hard tackles" by so called "hard men" so dont call me a fanny thank you.! you dont know a thing about what you are talking about.

No broken arms or wrists?

You obviously didn't play the game like Derry then. whistle.gif

I can see there are those in this thread who think one side of the argument deplore the tackle and, by definition, deplore getting stuck in generally. I would take a wild guess here but i don't think BFDave is against a crunching hard tackle IF its a fair one. I think where he and his supporters are a bit miffed is when Drew you insinuate you wished for damage to be left.

If that was the intention in your remark then you are of course entitled to it and equally i can see why others would get angry about it. if it was not then i think most, if not all, would agree a fair, hard, and crunching tackle is what we want to see.

Quite right all for a fair tackle.... but to want to see a player inflict more serious injury on another is not right even if meant in jest. I dont need to lighten up either im quite lucid. I have seen some injurries on the football field ( shin bones through the shin pad, ankles smashed up like a bag of marbles etc) that make you want to vomit... I appreciate the original post was trying to be humerous, but whats the sense in it ???

You mean to say that all your injuries were caused deliberately? Why were they picking on you Dave? Were you a "dish it out but can't take it" type? or just in the wrong place at the wrong time with people who wanted to hurt you.....5 times....?

And judging by your horrific injury list, you seem to have done an awful lot of tackling - most of it with your face though, apparently.

Oops, you've just made me cry with laughter after that post.

A fair few I'd imagine, the fact that a light-hearted remark has caused this level of uproar and abuse is incredible. Thank god everyone doesn't get this touchy about anything remotely controversial or there'd be no banter whatsoever on here.

I laughed.

It got me off my feet seeing someone hitting Derry back, TBH, it wasn't even that bad a challenge, went for the ball and showed everyone why he's a winger not a Centre back!

But, I appreciated the effort to get stuck in and challenge for every ball, and took a little bit of pleasure that the man on the floor was that prat.

I laughed.

It got me off my feet seeing someone hitting Derry back, TBH, it wasn't even that bad a challenge, went for the ball and showed everyone why he's a winger not a Centre back!

But, I appreciated the effort to get stuck in and challenge for every ball, and took a little bit of pleasure that the man on the floor was that prat.

Sums it up for me. I doubt Derry batted an eyelid so why should we? It's a contact sport, and people are gonna mistime tackles. Like you've said it was nice to see him getting stuck in, I thought he had his best game for us by some distance Friday night.

Sums it up for me. I doubt Derry batted an eyelid so why should we? It's a contact sport, and people are gonna mistime tackles. Like you've said it was nice to see him getting stuck in, I thought he had his best game for us by some distance Friday night.

can't argue with a word of that, I find the atmosphere at Ashton gate improves more with a couple of big tackles and some closing down than it does when we score.

It's just great to see people throwing their bodies at the ball, 100% effort for the cause. Makes the fans feel that the players care as much as we do about every single challenge.

Humour should be rated for it's comical value not on it's content although it is wise to show sensitivety at times. I thought it was going to be a serious thread and wasn't looking forward to it - I suggest the bulk of the debate here is for just such a thread.

Well I'm off to lighten up now anyway. . . .

Quite right all for a fair tackle.... but to want to see a player inflict more serious injury on another is not right even if meant in jest. I dont need to lighten up either im quite lucid. I have seen some injurries on the football field ( shin bones through the shin pad, ankles smashed up like a bag of marbles etc) that make you want to vomit... I appreciate the original post was trying to be humerous, but whats the sense in it ???

Jesus mate, the way your carrying on with some of the injuries you've had and/or seen.....I cant decide whether you played football or stormed the beaches on D Day!?!

Guest Parson St Station

Bad Tackle. Yellow Card. Fair enough.

This should be posted about Nov 26th 2012.

Im in moderation after writing 3 letters down.....

Archived