IGNORED

Watching Leeds V Cardiff...

DaveF

It's sickening to watch but the sheep shaggers have been knocking on the door for a couple of seasons now and look destined to take advantage of what is starting to look like an incredibly poor Championship this season.

Poor Championship? This has to be one of the best division in the world, let alone England. I can name about 10 teams that are promotion contenders, thats not including us!!

Now if you want to talk about League 1...

I agree. Apart from Cardiff and possible QPR, the quality is not is good as previous seasons.

I disagree.

It's just some of the pre-season favourites haven't clicked into gear yet. On paper Middlesbrough have a side which should compete in the Premier League.

Burnley and Reading are yet to put a serious run together..... and Bellamy will get plenty more injuries before season draws to a close.

Yes Cardiff look good at the mo.... but then I don't believe the team proping the table up will still be there at the end of the campaign. ;-)

Cardiff will run away with it IMO. Cheats do prosper then.

I dunno, I think the wheels will fall off when more money issues arise once the ST money has gone and that will create a negative feeling around them and they will end up in the play-off's again, I also think QPR went to early and will also fade into the play-offs. I think Burnley will push on up there and be around the top 2 come the end of the season.

My record for predictions seems to be about 1 in 3 so its likely only one of these things will happen!

I agree. Apart from Cardiff and possible QPR, the quality is not is good as previous seasons.

I think QPR's league position flatters them. Cardiff will fill one of the top two spots but I am unsure at the moment who will grab the other. I think Burnley could be contenders.

I hope they don't go up, not because it's Cardiff or that they are welsh or any of that stuff, but because it will be encouragement to other clubs to live and spend beyond their means on the hope of getting it all back in the Prem. Every time it works, it's another nail in the coffin of a club that will try the same thing and fail.

Without wishing to get into another tedious debate, Bristol City also lives beyond its means. By that I mean that you do not generate enough income to cover your costs.

For the record I think we will go up this season automatically. If we do then the investment from Vincent Tan and friends (around £14m so far) will look like a decent investment. Over the next few weeks we play the current 1st, 3rd, 4th teams and I can't wait :)

ffs, can't we have at least ONE thread which mentions Carduff without one of you sticking your nose in?!?

It's sickening to watch but the sheep shaggers have been knocking on the door for a couple of seasons now and look destined to take advantage of what is starting to look like an incredibly poor Championship this season.

10 years ago (1999-2000) in League 1 gas were 7th, City 9th whilst Cardiff (& Blackpool) were relegated to the bottom div. They bounced straight back up, passed us by finishing 4th in 2002 and winning the play offs from 6th position in 2003. City ha've been playing catch up to them ever since.

Without wishing to get into another tedious debate, Bristol City also lives beyond its means. By that I mean that you do not generate enough income to cover your costs.

For the record I think we will go up this season automatically. If we do then the investment from Vincent Tan and friends (around £14m so far) will look like a decent investment. Over the next few weeks we play the current 1st, 3rd, 4th teams and I can't wait :)

I don't really want to get into a debate either but not sure I can let this comment go without reply.

Although you are correct that we do not generate enough income to cover costs, all our bills/outgoings are paid in full & on time and any losses we do make are effectively underwritten by the chairman/board. This is in complete contrast to some of the tactics employed by you lot in the recent past - i.e. signing players for big transfer fees whilst still owing large amounts of money to HMRC, signing players on loan on big wages whilst still owing transfer money to other clubs (motherwell was it?) earlier this season.

To me it is unfair to hint at any similarity in the way the clubs have been ran in the recent past as they are opposite ends of the spectrum.

Tedious debate indeed but still important for football as a whole. What you say is true of course and of virtually all clubs. If I have a beef with Cardiff (not Cardiff fans) it is with the contemptuous and contemptible behaviour of the previous regime and the ease with which people like them get away with it time and time again. Is Ridsdale still somewhere in the background enriching himself at your expense or is he looking for another club to screw? Let's see what happens at Pompey, who continued to pay Prem wages and sign players they couldn't afford while in administration and having screwed their creditors for instance. The discredited former Hull Chairman is looking to buy them I see. Perhaps Ridsdale will join in? I don't suppose Tan is a lifelong Cardiff fan and will be looking to reap personal reward if and when you go up; though what happens if you don't? Can you be sure he is not another Gaydamak? And has the debt to Sam (remember when you loved him too?) disappeared too? I have no doubt you have the best team in the league and will go up but all in all I'd rather have a Chairman who cares about the long term future.I genuinely wish you well (some of my best friends are Welsh :innocent06:) but I am still nervous of your club's future, along with others.

Thanks for the very reasoned and reasonable reply.

When Sam joined us yes he was loved by virtually all Cardiff fans who believed he was putting his own money into the club. He wasn't. When Ridsdale joined he was greeted with a great deal of scepticism, which it turned out, was well justified as he did very well out of us thank you. The current regime are trying their best to get rid of him as cheaply as possible and, yes, I believe he is sniffing aorund other clubs looking to further his fortunes.

Towards the end of Ridsdale's reign the scepticisim reached the point where the fans decided we needed a Supporters' Trust, of which I am a founder member. We weren't happy with the mess the club was in but (a) we didn't cause the mess, (b) we didn't even know how bad the mess was and © we had no power to get the club out of the mess or to stop it getting worse.

At the point where we almost went out of business the Malaysians turned up. We've been burnt too many times to have welcomed them without reservation but, since (a) the alternative was no club and (b) we had no power to turn them away anyway, welcomed they were neverthelesss. They may not not be lifelong Cardiff City fans. What they APPEAR to be is football fans who see the real possibility of getting a team into the Premier League without too much extra work or resources and like both the kudos and potential profit this would bring.

I happen to think the current owners are going about things the right way. They have cleared the major debts and are trying to get the club on a sound footing. This has involved rationalisation and redundancies among staff which is sad to see. There is a way to go and I am happy to be pateint while they sort things out. Your fans may not be but we'll have to live with your disdain i suppose.

I sincerely hope you are right. Presumably if you don't go up they will have to pump in a similar amount to subsidise the wage bill (though at least there will be some season ticket money next year). I assume they will want a return on their investment and will rely on Premier League money to pay off the remaining debt. I hope that leaves enough for the admirable Dave Jones.

I see Mr Risdale was a " guest" at Plymouth last weekend!.

Plymouth have survived 2 winding up orders in the last months and are trying to avoid going into administration.

Surely there not actually thinking that Risdale can help them!!.

As for Cardiff, yes very good team but still have my doubts about Malaysian business men having any real interest in that club except for money money money!!.

Far happier with SL who has the interests of our club and supporters.

Archived