IGNORED

Google Chrome

Markman

I use Chrome and can't not use it now. You get more screen space then Internet Explorer and Firefox and it makes them seem so much more clogged up. I'd also say it's faster too, but that might be buying into what it advertises.

The thing about web browsers is you should download a few different ones and use the one that takes your fancy the most.

Hope that is a bit of help.

Cheers Whale (and other replies) I still use IE so may give Chrome a try - to you need to unistall anything before downloading chrome or does it do it all for you?

I use IE and Chrome, mainly Chrome because I prefer it but it won't let you on certain sites, like my bank account and sometimes if you buy something online, when you go to pay it won't let you, so I have to do it through IE. All in all I prefer Chrome though.

Cheers Whale (and other replies) I still use IE so may give Chrome a try - to you need to unistall anything before downloading chrome or does it do it all for you?

Nah, just install it, then look at the Chrome Extensions page for a few good plugins.

(Adblock, gmail checker, calendar checker, chromed bird, ietab to name a few)

It's javascript engine is far far faster than IE8 and FF3.5, it's a cleaner user interface and there are regular updates.

Use IETab for the occasional website which bars chrome for no good reason.

I use IE and Chrome, mainly Chrome because I prefer it but it won't let you on certain sites, like my bank account and sometimes if you buy something online, when you go to pay it won't let you, so I have to do it through IE. All in all I prefer Chrome though.

I can agree with you when it comes to banking sites. The odd thing is in the early days of Chrome, it appeared to be firefox based. I think they sorted the memory leak problems now. I like chrome, i use it for simple bits and bobs but im effect its not much quicker than firefox. If it was fully compatible with all sites( or rather sites compatible with it ) it would be the Ferrari of browsers.

Archived