IGNORED

Caulker V Parkin

Abraham Romanovich

What Parkin is very good at (like Devon White in his day) is persistently fouling and somehow getting away with it.

In one of his previous visits with PNE he must have fouled Jamie McCombe about seven times, pulled his shirt, backed into him repeatedly, blocked off his attempts to win the ball in the air without any attempt to win it himself and I'm not sure that he was even booked.

I started wondering whether the game was being refereed by his Dad..........

I agree with the post above, a lot of people on her underestimating Caulker. Yes Parking is a big lad, but Caulker himself is 6"3 and 12st 0lbs. Not the smallest of chaps. He is also technically better than Parkin so should be a good battle. Caulker is no weed who likes to get pushed around, I'm sure he will give Parkin a run in for his money. But who knows, fonts might be given the job on the night ?

Was gonna say caulkers is no shrinking violet is he. should be a good match up.

No doubt that the more experienced City defenders will have let Caulker know what to expect from Parkin. He's a battering ram first and foremost but has some skills with the ball at his feet and not to be written off as a carthorse.

Stopping crosses will starve Parkins supply and both full backs will need to be on their game. Certainly better than they both were for the Boro goal last saturday.

True, but they were all at fault for that goal. Caulker did not notice that Boyd peeled off the the back post.

Parkin reminds me of Iwan Roberts - the old Norwich City striker

A useless massive lump up front who was a nightmare to defend against. (so technically not useless but you know what i mean)

I suppose a City version from my days watching city would be Steve Torpey (but he really was a useless lump)

Any others spring to mind??

I don't reckon he'll start anyway to be honest. I can't see Preston starting with 2 up front in an away 6-pointer, and Hume is a lot more mobile than the big fella. Hopefully they leave him on the bench to try and nick a consolation when they're 3-0 down with 15 minutes to go :fingerscrossed:

I dunno, Darren Ferguson is their manager and he isn't the shrewdest at this level...

Either way, whether he is a lone striker or up front with Hume he will be a challenging proposition I believe.

It's not exactly been difficult to terrorise us this season but that's exactly what Parkin did in their 6-4 win at Elland Road.

We were 4-1 up and biting our nails because he shielded the ball well and was no slouch when played through over the top.

But then if he was THAT good he wouldn't be playing for Preston, would he?

Archived