IGNORED

Caulker V Parkin

Abraham Romanovich

I presume PNE will play their big no 9 up front; for those unaware he is built like a brick outhouse and about as mobile.

Interesting to see how the battle goes, as Caulker is head and shoulders above him in terms of ability, but Parkin is an

awkward so and so.

At the Spurs academy he can't have played against many Parkin type players that are basically employed firstly for their physical presence and anything else is a bonus.

First challenge should be interesting my bet Caulker will get flattened.

No doubt that the more experienced City defenders will have let Caulker know what to expect from Parkin. He's a battering ram first and foremost but has some skills with the ball at his feet and not to be written off as a carthorse.

Stopping crosses will starve Parkins supply and both full backs will need to be on their game. Certainly better than they both were for the Boro goal last saturday.

Micky Quinn

Martin Kuhl

Le Tissier

The first two were stocky rather than fat.

Le Tissier was just an odd shape rather than over weight. Fantastic player.

Parkin is not fat either. Just very solidly built. He's probably got a six pack under his shirt ( no jokes about drinking them all at half time)

I presume PNE will play their big no 9 up front; for those unaware he is built like a brick outhouse and about as mobile.

Interesting to see how the battle goes, as Caulker is head and shoulders above him in terms of ability, but Parkin is an

awkward so and so.

At the Spurs academy he can't have played against many Parkin type players that are basically employed firstly for their physical presence and anything else is a bonus.

First challenge should be interesting my bet Caulker will get flattened.

I think you are underestimating how good Caulker actually is!!! He'll cope with him i reckon, yes parkin is a different type of player, but dont forget Caulker played in league 1 last season and lets face it, there are loads of brick outhouses in that league!

I agree with the post above, a lot of people on her underestimating Caulker. Yes Parking is a big lad, but Caulker himself is 6"3 and 12st 0lbs. Not the smallest of chaps. He is also technically better than Parkin so should be a good battle. Caulker is no weed who likes to get pushed around, I'm sure he will give Parkin a run in for his money. But who knows, fonts might be given the job on the night ?

Surprisingly good technique and very rarely does he not finish 90 mins. A lot fitter than people think.

That's something I've always noticed when watching him, he's not just the battering ram/oaf many make him out to be. He's hit the back of the net a fair few times this season as well, must be on about 7 league goals by now?

The first two were stocky rather than fat.

Le Tissier was just an odd shape rather than over weight. Fantastic player.

Parkin is not fat either. Just very solidly built. He's probably got a six pack under his shirt ( no jokes about drinking them all at half time)

he isnt exactly thin is he.....type his name in on google and tell me he has a sporty physique!

I did say 'probably'....

Yeah but it's obvious he wouldn't! Just look at him!

Body fat doesn't necessarily have a correlation with fitness however, lots of athletes at the top level look like they are carrying a bit of excess, usually they are the stronger athletes however and often still very fit. It all depends on body-type on how quickly your body can metabolise fat. Parkin is one of those.

Theres not many players in this country like Parkin, hes HUGE! not only that but hes a great finnisher aswell, give him half a chance and he'll put the ball in the back of the net for sure, i like him! its going to be a tough afternoon for our back for on saturday, make no mistake about it!

Theres not many players in this country like Parkin, hes HUGE! not only that but hes a great finnisher aswell, give him half a chance and he'll put the ball in the back of the net for sure, i like him! its going to be a tough afternoon for our back for on saturday, make no mistake about it!

I don't reckon he'll start anyway to be honest. I can't see Preston starting with 2 up front in an away 6-pointer, and Hume is a lot more mobile than the big fella. Hopefully they leave him on the bench to try and nick a consolation when they're 3-0 down with 15 minutes to go :fingerscrossed:

I don't reckon he'll start anyway to be honest. I can't see Preston starting with 2 up front in an away 6-pointer, and Hume is a lot more mobile than the big fella. Hopefully they leave him on the bench to try and nick a consolation when they're 3-0 down with 15 minutes to go :fingerscrossed:

I'd be very surprised if he didn't start.

Archived