IGNORED

Team To Face Swans

jfkerton

As in the title, give everyone else your team sheet, and hope Millen gets it right :)

----------------James

Hunt---Caulker---Fontaine---McAllister

----------------Cisse

--------Johnson---Elliot------------------

Adomah-----------------------Rose

----------------Stead

Subs:

Gerken

Carey

Stewart

Skuse

Haynes

Campbell-Ryce

Pitman

Millen's track record suggests that he'll stick with the last starting 11 unless suspension/injuries kick in.

I expect it will be James, McAllister, Caulker,Fontaine,Carey, Elliot,Johnson, Albert, Rose, Stead,Haynes.

If I were picking the side I'd consider a start for Pitman ahead of Haynes who doesn't look 100% fit to me.

Millen's track record suggests that he'll stick with the last starting 11 unless suspension/injuries kick in.

I expect it will be James, McAllister, Caulker,Fontaine,Carey, Elliot,Johnson, Albert, Rose, Stead,Haynes.

If I were picking the side I'd consider a start for Pitman ahead of Haynes who doesn't look 100% fit to me.

Millen has shown he is quite prepared to make changes if he needs to, but also that he is unwilling (quite rightly) to change a team that is winning or at least playing well. As he indicated that he felt there were a few shortcomings on Saturday, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes changes tonight. I would suspect that he will play only two of Rose, Adomah and Haynes tonight.

Millen has shown he is quite prepared to make changes if he needs to, but also that he is unwilling (quite rightly) to change a team that is winning or at least playing well. As he indicated that he felt there were a few shortcomings on Saturday, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes changes tonight. I would suspect that he will play only two of Rose, Adomah and Haynes tonight.

I see what you're saying and if he does leave out one of the three mentioned its likely to be Haynes. The question then is does he bring another midfielder (Skuse is fit again) and go 4-5-1 particularly as the Jacks pass the ball around very well or stick with two up front, Stead and Pitman?

Tough call either way.

I see what you're saying and if he does leave out one of the three mentioned its likely to be Haynes. The question then is does he bring another midfielder (Skuse is fit again) and go 4-5-1 particularly as the Jacks pass the ball around very well or stick with two up front, Stead and Pitman?

Tough call either way.

Nice that he now has good options. 4-5-1 with the extra defensive midfielder instead of Haynes would be my starting preference.

pitmans legs are too small! stick with danny till they get faster!

I would put Haynes on the left and drop Rose as he doesn't offer enough energy closing down for a game like this. I'd tell danny and Albert to close everything down for 60 minutes and then bring on JCR and Rose and give them the same job. we're going to have to put the same effort in that we did against reading and QPR here.

agree that one up front might be the way forward, though do not want to see Skuse come back in. it's a shame we dont have Noble anymore because we miss having a player to drop into that hole.

defensively we need to be pragmatic. Macca and Carey have done well enough yes, but we cannot afford to expose them to Sinclair and Dyer. we'll get raped left right and centre if we do. I'd like to see Ribs come in on the right and put carey next to Caulker, allowing us to push fonts to the left.

Jamo is going to have yet another MASSIVE game for us I feel.

hopeful of a point but wont be disheartened by a defeat, we've done brilliantly at home lately and that's where we need to be picking up the majority of points to climb the table.

I would put Haynes on the left and drop Rose as he doesn't offer enough energy closing down for a game like this. I'd tell danny and Albert to close everything down for 60 minutes and then bring on JCR and Rose and give them the same job. we're going to have to put the same effort in that we did against reading and QPR here.

agree that one up front might be the way forward, though do not want to see Skuse come back in. it's a shame we dont have Noble anymore because we miss having a player to drop into that hole.

defensively we need to be pragmatic. Macca and Carey have done well enough yes, but we cannot afford to expose them to Sinclair and Dyer. we'll get raped left right and centre if we do. I'd like to see Ribs come in on the right and put carey next to Caulker, allowing us to push fonts to the left.

Jamo is going to have yet another MASSIVE game for us I feel.

hopeful of a point but wont be disheartened by a defeat, we've done brilliantly at home lately and that's where we need to be picking up the majority of points to climb the table.

Brilliantly at home? We've won once! Performances have improved but our home form is a long way off brilliant... I think we have to pick up points wherever we can, home or away- if that means sticking 11 behind the ball tonight and getting a 0-0 I'd take it, perhaps even sneak a 1-0 win.

Trouble is I'm worried, like yourself, about their wingers. We could be hopelessly exposed and I fear another alamo on our goal. David James will have to be on top of his game to see us through with a point or better. I would bring Pitman in for Haynes and try and use Rose/Adomah to break on them, providing service into the box for Pitman to get on the end of. We need that penalty area goalscorer in the team; that's what we bought him for so let's give him a run in the team.

I actually agree with you on that one.

My big worry is that he will drop LJ and bring back Skuse and reinstate a combination that has failed virtually all season.

I said after Saturday I'd expect to see Cisse in for Haynes and 451 this game and that's what I'd do given the choice. Rose and Adomah do a lot of attacking and provide a nice balance (I can see what Jordan's saying about Haynes closing down but he wanders too far for me and Sinclair will murder McAllister on his own). Elliot has started to get forward quite aggressively. It's enough attacking threat to sneak a goal, it's pretty solid and frankly I'd take a point.

The number of _high quality_ chances Preston spurned on the weekend was a big concern. They missed far easier chances than we did and being at home that's a worry so shoring it up away to a better side makes sense to me.

That being the case, I would suspect nil/nil would be the best we could expect, I hope your wrong.

If Skuse comes in I can only see it being for a striker, if it stays 4-4-2 I'd expect an unchanged team.

I've no idea why people would want Pitman in this game, we're going to be on the backfoot for large periods and Haynes pace will be a crucial outlet if we line up 4-4-2. Granted he doesn't look as sharp as usual and he's definitely not running as fast as he can, but having a player like Pitman brought in for this game would be a very poor tactical decision in my opinion.

If Skuse comes in I can only see it being for a striker, if it stays 4-4-2 I'd expect an unchanged team.

I've no idea why people would want Pitman in this game, we're going to be on the backfoot for large periods and Haynes pace will be a crucial outlet if we line up 4-4-2. Granted he doesn't look as sharp as usual and he's definitely not running as fast as he can, but having a player like Pitman brought in for this game would be a very poor tactical decision in my opinion.

Haynes is not a striker, he missed a very presentable chance against Cardiff when we were 2-1 up and we all know how that game ended. He missed a hatrick against QPR 2 when we were winning and more crucially he failed to hit the target with any of them and again we all know how that game ended.

OK he scored the winner in our only home win over Reading, I suppose the law of averages dictate he will score occasionally. Don't get me wrong he is young and has pace, but a striker he ain't.

Haynes is not a striker, he missed a very presentable chance against Cardiff when we were 2-1 up and we all know how that game ended. He missed a hatrick against QPR 2 when we were winning and more crucially he failed to hit the target with any of them and again we all know how that game ended.

OK he scored the winner in our only home win over Reading, I suppose the law of averages dictate he will score occasionally. Don't get me wrong he is young and has pace, but a striker he ain't.

I must admit he didn't look confident at all with that chance, and when he tried to take it around the defender it looked like the act of someone who is not filled with confidence in the opposing penalty area. However Haynes is a striker, he proved that last season. His finishing is poor, but this does not mean he is not a striker.

Relying on Haynes as your main source of goals would be foolish, but he proved to be an excellent partner to Maynard last season his pace helping to create him the space in which Maynard is so deadly.

Archived