IGNORED

Adomah - Fastest Developing Player

Tim S

On seeing Albert Adomah on the first home game of the season I thought that he had potential but looked slightly out of his depth at Championship level and needed some time to get up to the standard.

But since then Millen has stuck with him and I have to say he improves with every game and has improved massively since that first home game, and I was wondering if anyone can remember a player improving and developing as quickly and as impressively as Adomah has.

As things stand he is probably one of our stand out players of the season along with Jon Stead, Steven Caulker and David James.

If he carries on developing at this rate then he is going to be one hell of a player by the end of the season.

On seeing Albert Adomah on the first home game of the season I thought that he had potential but looked slightly out of his depth at Championship level and needed some time to get up to the standard.

But since then Millen has stuck with him and I have to say he improves with every game and has improved massively since that first home game, and I was wondering if anyone can remember a player improving and developing as quickly and as impressively as Adomah has.

As things stand he is probably one of our stand out players of the season along with Jon Stead, Steven Caulker and David James.

If he carries on developing at this rate then he is going to be one hell of a player by the end of the season.

Clive Whitehead circa '73

Albert has the short term advantage of being an unknown factor to other teams. It'll be interesting to see how well he performs next season.

That said, he's certainly a breath of fresh air and producing the goods most weeks. Good to see him drive on to the by-line for the goal yesterday instead of cutting inside as he often does. A good sign that he's learning.

He is defo one for future question is if he keeps improving will we keep hold of him cause we could make a massive profit. Also I feel he has adapted to this level v quick sometimes I think he does still think he is in a lower league but that's become less the last two games I've seen and from

What I've heard last night he played even better

Yes a great find! He looks dangerous going forward with pace and seems to unsettle the opposition back 4. I first noticed his potential against Watford- which was an awful collective performance, but he stood out as one to watch. He is improving game upon game and looks happy in the red shirt.

GOOD SIGNING :englandsmile4wf:

Actually, if you read the interview Albert gave in the programme a week or two back you'll see he was approached and signed by Coppell, not Pete or Gary despite the rumour on here.

But Pete was still cheif scout at the time? and had been scouting him for the year previously?

I swear I read that somewhere other than OTIB.

But Pete was still cheif scout at the time? and had been scouting him for the year previously?

I swear I read that somewhere other than OTIB.

I can't remember exactly what the programme article said but I do remember one bit struck me as being unequivocal that he was a Coppell signing - I *think* it might have been something about Coppell telling him he'd watched him when at Reading.

The story about him being a Johnson signing started on here but did get repeated elsewhere. Pete Johnson resigned before he was signed.

Actually, if you read the interview Albert gave in the programme a week or two back you'll see he was approached and signed by Coppell, not Pete or Gary despite the rumour on here.

Does it really matter who scouted and signed Albert?

The facts are that he's a City player and an exciting prospect who, so far has been a relevation. Lets hope he continues to impress and improve.

Albert has the short term advantage of being an unknown factor to other teams. It'll be interesting to see how well he performs next season.

That said, he's certainly a breath of fresh air and producing the goods most weeks. Good to see him drive on to the by-line for the goal yesterday instead of cutting inside as he often does. A good sign that he's learning.

Just thinking that myself, he tends to cut in most off the time and tends to run into a dead end a lot rather than going outside the player and delivering, imo he needs to vary his play a bit more but saying all that he is still new to this league and can only get better

The boy has genuine quality and his performance on Wednesday was outstanding and his feet were so quick that I'm surprised Alan Tate didn't have to be substituted with dizzyness! Probably the first time since Scott Murray in his prime that a winger has produced a performance that excited every time he got on the ball and I echo the sentiment that he has Premier League written all over him. His development since the start of the season has been magnificent, so well done KM and SW, and Albert for listening and learning.

The thing with Albert is that he is just so happy and willing to play, he really has been a breath of fresh air and it's great to see him developing and getting some deserved attention.

Maybe it is because of the way he has arrived here, non league, painting and decorating, league 2, but he just seems 'natural'. So many young players who come up through the academy system seem to fall by the wayside, they either believe in the own hype or seem to have natural ability coached out of them, obviously there are exceptions.

One thing I don't get regarding Albert, is how in the heck did we get him so easily?

The thing with Albert is that he is just so happy and willing to play, he really has been a breath of fresh air and it's great to see him developing and getting some deserved attention.

Maybe it is because of the way he has arrived here, non league, painting and decorating, league 2, but he just seems 'natural'. So many young players who come up through the academy system seem to fall by the wayside, they either believe in the own hype or seem to have natural ability coached out of them, obviously there are exceptions.

One thing I don't get regarding Albert, is how in the heck did we get him so easily?

It's often the case that players who have had to deal with real life (unlike those who are under the wing of football clubs from 8 years old) retain a real enthusiasm for playing and appreciate how lucky they are. I remember Gary Johnson's phrase about liking being footballers but not liking football. Ian Wright and Stuart Pearce come to mind as examples. You may be right that coming into the game later they have not been regimented by coaches so retain some unpredictably. When so many player whinge about how tough their life is and are so cynical on the pitch it's great to see Albert play with a smile on his face. :worship2:

Archived