IGNORED

Just Got Back.

I BELIEVE

It was a very odd game.

1st half was a bit cagey, not too many chances to note, but we looked fairly solid at the back for most of the half. Jamo made a good save early on and after that we limited them to passing the ball around the middle and not really breaking our back line. Going forward we looked okay, Stead was a handful as usual and Adohmah looked dangerous on the counter attack but only the one real shot on goal from Stead.

2nd half: totally different ball game. Leeds came out a different side and we didn't really look like holding out. The turning point of the game was the injury to Carey and the addition of Beccicho. Hunt came on in place and looked totally out of his depth. His fist 2 touches he put the ball straight out of play. Then out of nothing, a cross came in and Becciho unmarked at the back post nodded in. We responded superbly. Adohmah got down the right, crossed for Steady and 1-1. But Leeds just exposed the weakness of Hunt and should of had a penalty after a dodgy Hunt Tackle and scored from a rebound that James pushed away. We threw everything forward put didnt create much and more poor marking allowed a free header for 3-1. Game over.

As for the atmosphere,, The City fans were Magnificant. I was expecting more from Leeds fans but they never really got going until they scored when it became a fantastic atmosphere. Fair play to city fans who got behind the team even when we went behind twice and the players acknowleged that at full time.

My ratings:

James: 6 - did what he had to do i suppose and not really at fault for any of the goals, maybe the 2nd being really picky.

Carey - 7- Did well before he went off apart from nearly scoring an OG.

Caulker 6- yeah did okay. odd marking for the 3rd and 1st goal but looked comfertable on the ball.

Fontaine 6 - Dissapointed a little after his wonder performance on Wednesday but cleared some dangerous crosses. And marking as above.

McAllister 6 - Probably one of Macca's better games, did nothing really of notice.

Adohmah - 8. On the counter attack, looked very dangerous and assist for the goal was superb. Another good performance.

Johnson - 6 - Same was Wednesday really, not quite his game today but was neat and tidy and put in few tackles to be fair.

Elliot - 7 - Marv did break up some dangerous moves to be fair but not as good as wednesday.

Campbell-Ryce - 7 - Impressed with Jamma today. Looked very comfertable on the ball and showed some lovely touces in attacking areas. Helped out Macca defensively too.

Stead - 8 - Worked very hard yet again. Gave their back 4 big problems and scored a good goal. What a signing,

Haynes - 5 - Very quiet. Didn't do much and didn't look happy about being subbed either.

subs:

Hunt - 2 - I am not even joking. It was absolutely herendous. 20 mins on the pitch and he was at fault for ALL 3 goals. And nearly gave away a penner. Looked uncomfortable and regularly gave the ball away.Very very very poor.

Pitman - 6 - Nothing to note and showed some nice touches.

Rose - 6- As above.

Millen - 6- Tactics good 1st half, but choice to put Hunt on (in hindsight) was poor. Have to question why Riberio wasn't on the bench. However the sub of Pitman on for Haynes was correct decision at the right time.

Overall a good day, but dissapointed with the result and 2nd half. Chance for a point missed today, but hats off to the City supporters.

Yeah that was top notch. Although after mooning at the Leeds fans, he stood no chance after that.

on the topic of mooning, i was at mangotsfield today, when a sub got sent off without coming on for mooning the referee before he even came on. i have never pissed myself so much in my life.

on the topic of mooning, i was at mangotsfield today, when a sub got sent off without coming on for mooning the referee before he even came on. i have never pissed myself so much in my life.

There seems to be a lot of mooning going on today. Glad to see it's making a comeback.

Now, where's the bare buttocks emoticon when you need it?

I thought we should have attacked Leeds more in the first half. They were there for the taking. Second half was even until Carey went off and Becheo came on. hunt was totally out of his depth. Three soft goals conceded. Pitman was unfortunate not to score at the end. Result flattered Leeda but we need to learn how to defend. Very concerned how we can cope without Carey on the pitch!!

Well done I BELIEVE, much appreciated.

Absolutely shocking analysis of Hunt. Supporters will wish to know why Ribeiro was not even on the bench IF, as some suggest, he is NOT injured.

if Ribs is not of KM's liking and Carey is cropped for some weeks can Millen genuinely think he can pick Hunt again to fill the gap?.. if so then surely he will blow all the credibility he has built over the previous unbeaten run.

Can we recall Nyatanga and shuffle the pack? But will KM take the necessary action and can he?

Good analysis, although I'm not sure I agree with your assesment of Carey and Adomah in the first half, they should have closed down a bit better and let a few less crosses come in. As for Caulker, he was IMMENSE in the first half, won 90% of ball in the air in the box, made some crucial interceptions. Also some fantastic singing from our supporters, we made sure the 25,000 home fans stayed quiet for at least an hour

Let's hope that this is not true, Ribs is quality.

It was Millen who gave Ribero his debut in his first game as manager at the end of last season. So he obviously does rate him.

But It was only a few weeks ago after the Pompey game that people on here were saying Ribero was torn apart and very poor in that game.

It was Millen who gave Ribero his debut in his first game as manager at the end of last season. So he obviously does rate him.

But It was only a few weeks ago after the Pompey game that people on here were saying Ribero was torn apart and very poor in that game.

Actually it was GJ who gave him his first game, the season before.

If Ribiero has recovered from his back injury he should be first choice first team right back and he should be persevered with.

One runaround by a top class winger at Pompey should not see him consigned to the reserves - that is exactly the time when the manager should show faith in him.

He showed in KM's caretaker team that he can be by far our best right sided defender and adds so much more to the team with his majestic and powerful surges out of defence.

He's better than Hunt, he's better than Skuse and he's better than Carey, and KM should remember that it was partly down to Ribeiro's superb displays in his caretaker team that helped him to eventually secure the manager's job full time.

It casts real doubts about Millen's judgement if he could ever conceive of preferring the hopeless, lumbering Hunt to a class player like Ribeiro.

Pretty accurate, although it was not ALL Hunts fault - But I agree that a mark of 2 sums up his display. I still prefer Haynes up front, his pace and running give us a different dimension on the counter-attack, Brett is a different type of player, and with our current formation, I think the pace up front is needed. Just my opinion, and I will be totally happy if proved wrong.

Ribiero had a rough ride at Pompey, but he came up against a winger who had an absolute blinder, and modt full-backs would have struggled. The thing is that he will have bad days, as he is learning, you have to accept that. He will get a lot better as he gets more games under his belt. I hope Hunt also gets better, as it will difficult for him to produce any worse than todays pitiful effort. Actually, todays effort was on a par with previous displays!

Well done I BELIEVE, much appreciated.

Absolutely shocking analysis of Hunt. Supporters will wish to know why Ribeiro was not even on the bench IF, as some suggest, he is NOT injured.

if Ribs is not of KM's liking and Carey is cropped for some weeks can Millen genuinely think he can pick Hunt again to fill the gap?.. if so then surely he will blow all the credibility he has built over the previous unbeaten run.

Can we recall Nyatanga and shuffle the pack? But will KM take the necessary action and can he?

I hope not after watching P'boro v Charlton goals, he was absolutely appalling.

I think the OP's analysis is pretty fair.

The relative comfort with which you saw out the first half was down to Somma being chosen as the lone striker. He has no physical presence, couldn't hold the ball up and was easy to defend against. I thought that Becchio must have been injured because if he wasn't it was a very strange decision by Grayson that essentially gave you a free pass in the game.

As soon as Becchio came on, alongside the fresh legs of Sam, your defence suddently had something to worry about, our full backs got up the pitch and having had an easy ride for an hour the defence had to work overtime.

In all fairness I was never worried about City winning the game, just us NOT winning it. The equaliser was neatly taken but arose from two defensive errors every bit as bad as anything you think your defence did.

You didn't look relegation material, but there didn't seem to be much up front to support Stead. Hopefully Maynard will come back as strong as he was before.

Your support was great, though the numbers thinned a lot after we scored the third.

I have little doubt that we'll both be in the Championship next season. In the interim I look forward to coming down to Bristol when, no doubt, you'll be able to view the same type of negative comments about your city, team and support as you're coming up with here if you take a look at our forums :D .

It's the way of the world isn't it? ;)

It was a very odd game.

1st half was a bit cagey, not too many chances to note, but we looked fairly solid at the back for most of the half. Jamo made a good save early on and after that we limited them to passing the ball around the middle and not really breaking our back line. Going forward we looked okay, Stead was a handful as usual and Adohmah looked dangerous on the counter attack but only the one real shot on goal from Stead.

2nd half: totally different ball game. Leeds came out a different side and we didn't really look like holding out. The turning point of the game was the injury to Carey and the addition of Beccicho. Hunt came on in place and looked totally out of his depth. His fist 2 touches he put the ball straight out of play. Then out of nothing, a cross came in and Becciho unmarked at the back post nodded in. We responded superbly. Adohmah got down the right, crossed for Steady and 1-1. But Leeds just exposed the weakness of Hunt and should of had a penalty after a dodgy Hunt Tackle and scored from a rebound that James pushed away. We threw everything forward put didnt create much and more poor marking allowed a free header for 3-1. Game over.

As for the atmosphere,, The City fans were Magnificant. I was expecting more from Leeds fans but they never really got going until they scored when it became a fantastic atmosphere. Fair play to city fans who got behind the team even when we went behind twice and the players acknowleged that at full time.

My ratings:

James: 6 - did what he had to do i suppose and not really at fault for any of the goals, maybe the 2nd being really picky.

Carey - 7- Did well before he went off apart from nearly scoring an OG.

Caulker 6- yeah did okay. odd marking for the 3rd and 1st goal but looked comfertable on the ball.

Fontaine 6 - Dissapointed a little after his wonder performance on Wednesday but cleared some dangerous crosses. And marking as above.

McAllister 6 - Probably one of Macca's better games, did nothing really of notice.

Adohmah - 8. On the counter attack, looked very dangerous and assist for the goal was superb. Another good performance.

Johnson - 6 - Same was Wednesday really, not quite his game today but was neat and tidy and put in few tackles to be fair.

Elliot - 7 - Marv did break up some dangerous moves to be fair but not as good as wednesday.

Campbell-Ryce - 7 - Impressed with Jamma today. Looked very comfertable on the ball and showed some lovely touces in attacking areas. Helped out Macca defensively too.

Stead - 8 - Worked very hard yet again. Gave their back 4 big problems and scored a good goal. What a signing,

Haynes - 5 - Very quiet. Didn't do much and didn't look happy about being subbed either.

subs:

Hunt - 2 - I am not even joking. It was absolutely herendous. 20 mins on the pitch and he was at fault for ALL 3 goals. And nearly gave away a penner. Looked uncomfortable and regularly gave the ball away.Very very very poor.

Pitman - 6 - Nothing to note and showed some nice touches.

Rose - 6- As above.

Millen - 6- Tactics good 1st half, but choice to put Hunt on (in hindsight) was poor. Have to question why Riberio wasn't on the bench. However the sub of Pitman on for Haynes was correct decision at the right time.

Overall a good day, but dissapointed with the result and 2nd half. Chance for a point missed today, but hats off to the City supporters.

Have to disagree with that, we looked comfortable until Carey had to go off and then it went wrong !

Now whether it's because hunt made mistakes (which I believe he did) and we also missed Carey's leadership skills, but I can't put it all down to Bechio coming on. I just think that as soon as he did, it wasn't a coincidence that the crosses didn't stop coming in from our right back position !

The first goal came from a cross from your left back area, and if you look at it Snodgrass did really well to get the ball in. Becchio's header wasn't easy either (his third goal was appallingly defended, I agree).

James, in my opinion, should have done better with Sam's shot for the second.

After that it was pretty much backs against the wall, though you did have that whipped shot which went a couple of feet over.

The first goal came from a cross from your left back area, and if you look at it Snodgrass did really well to get the ball in. Becchio's header wasn't easy either (his third goal was appallingly defended, I agree).

James, in my opinion, should have done better with Sam's shot for the second.

After that it was pretty much backs against the wall, though you did have that whipped shot which went a couple of feet over.

have to say SR1, your stewards r absolute t055ers!! all game they were trying to make ppl sit down (no problem with this as they were doing their job) but during the game they took about 3 lads out near where i was sat, all of them were youngsters and the minute their dad followed they let them back in, just seemed like they were picking on the youngsters to make a point

they usually like that?

does make me apprecite the fact the stewards down city r quite relaxed consdering

There's a thread a few pages back where I gave as much information as I could about your trip and I did warn you about our stewards. One person said that your numbers would mean that the stewarding wouldn't be a problem. I begged to differ, and I wasn't wrong.

One of the reasons the atmosphere at ER isn't quite what it might be for run of the mill league games is down to the oppressive stewarding of the home fans. Consistently roaming around in teams with different types of uniform (from the bog standard orange vests to the scary black suited.coated gestapo) looking to eject people.

I thought Adomah was AWFUL yesterday! Lazy with his tracking back and just gave the ball away nearly every time he had it, a real off day for him!

Carey was immense, our best player by some way, his injury cost us the game.

Hunt is simply the worst player I've ever seen, I could do a much better job...

SR1, i was sat in upper wedge and when i entered the wedge i was immediately told by a steward " sit where you like lads", sit we did not, we stood the whole game and never had a single problem with any stewards.

i did see those gestapo like black suited types in our end, every time someone was ejected they were on scene to oversee there departure, i think those that "played up" and caused confrontation got collered, those that did not were ok, although we had some mates in SS1 and SS2 who said that the stewards in there were alot more insistant on sitting down and some were thrown out, overall our van had a good day out bar the result

Glad you had a great day out despite the result!

Anyone's view is coloured by what we see in our immediate vicinity, and it depends on where we sit/stand etc.

For example at the back of the north stand (behind the goal) while we could hear you it wasn't especially loud, and yet those at your end thought it was. Acoustics are crucial.

I don't think most of us want a sterile atmosphere, but equally for those who have kids or are older standing IS an issue, especially for away fans where you just get lumped in with everyone. At home you can choose your seats to avoid the issue if you want. Away you could be sat with a family or with a group of nutters with little choice, so the stewards will always be a bit more involved.

Archived