IGNORED

Just Got Back.

I BELIEVE

Agree with basically your entire match summary, although I thought Adomah had his worst game for us yesterday. He wasn't his usual self and wasn't owning the right-hand side like he usually does, although he did produce a moment of magic for the second goal which is hugely positive. It shows to me that even when the lad's having an off day he'll keep going and is always capable of that one moment of brilliance. Stead was a great outlet again whilst Pitman failed to add anything whatsoever.

It was a very odd game.

1st half was a bit cagey, not too many chances to note, but we looked fairly solid at the back for most of the half. Jamo made a good save early on and after that we limited them to passing the ball around the middle and not really breaking our back line. Going forward we looked okay, Stead was a handful as usual and Adohmah looked dangerous on the counter attack but only the one real shot on goal from Stead.

2nd half: totally different ball game. Leeds came out a different side and we didn't really look like holding out. The turning point of the game was the injury to Carey and the addition of Beccicho. Hunt came on in place and looked totally out of his depth. His fist 2 touches he put the ball straight out of play. Then out of nothing, a cross came in and Becciho unmarked at the back post nodded in. We responded superbly. Adohmah got down the right, crossed for Steady and 1-1. But Leeds just exposed the weakness of Hunt and should of had a penalty after a dodgy Hunt Tackle and scored from a rebound that James pushed away. We threw everything forward put didnt create much and more poor marking allowed a free header for 3-1. Game over.

As for the atmosphere,, The City fans were Magnificant. I was expecting more from Leeds fans but they never really got going until they scored when it became a fantastic atmosphere. Fair play to city fans who got behind the team even when we went behind twice and the players acknowleged that at full time.

My ratings:

James: 6 - did what he had to do i suppose and not really at fault for any of the goals, maybe the 2nd being really picky.

Carey - 7- Did well before he went off apart from nearly scoring an OG.

Caulker 6- yeah did okay. odd marking for the 3rd and 1st goal but looked comfertable on the ball.

Fontaine 6 - Dissapointed a little after his wonder performance on Wednesday but cleared some dangerous crosses. And marking as above.

McAllister 6 - Probably one of Macca's better games, did nothing really of notice.

Adohmah - 8. On the counter attack, looked very dangerous and assist for the goal was superb. Another good performance.

Johnson - 6 - Same was Wednesday really, not quite his game today but was neat and tidy and put in few tackles to be fair.

Elliot - 7 - Marv did break up some dangerous moves to be fair but not as good as wednesday.

Campbell-Ryce - 7 - Impressed with Jamma today. Looked very comfertable on the ball and showed some lovely touces in attacking areas. Helped out Macca defensively too.

Stead - 8 - Worked very hard yet again. Gave their back 4 big problems and scored a good goal. What a signing,

Haynes - 5 - Very quiet. Didn't do much and didn't look happy about being subbed either.

subs:

Hunt - 2 - I am not even joking. It was absolutely herendous. 20 mins on the pitch and he was at fault for ALL 3 goals. And nearly gave away a penner. Looked uncomfortable and regularly gave the ball away.Very very very poor.

Pitman - 6 - Nothing to note and showed some nice touches.

Rose - 6- As above.

Millen - 6- Tactics good 1st half, but choice to put Hunt on (in hindsight) was poor. Have to question why Riberio wasn't on the bench. However the sub of Pitman on for Haynes was correct decision at the right time.

Overall a good day, but dissapointed with the result and 2nd half. Chance for a point missed today, but hats off to the City supporters.

'Hunt 2' - Heard Millem say that the last 20 mins was like the beginning of the season again...like when hunt was playing Mr Millen

If Ribiero has recovered from his back injury he should be first choice first team right back and he should be persevered with.

One runaround by a top class winger at Pompey should not see him consigned to the reserves - that is exactly the time when the manager should show faith in him.

He showed in KM's caretaker team that he can be by far our best right sided defender and adds so much more to the team with his majestic and powerful surges out of defence.

He's better than Hunt, he's better than Skuse and he's better than Carey, and KM should remember that it was partly down to Ribeiro's superb displays in his caretaker team that helped him to eventually secure the manager's job full time.

It casts real doubts about Millen's judgement if he could ever conceive of preferring the hopeless, lumbering Hunt to a class player like Ribeiro.

agreed about Riberio, last season against Newcastle he was immense, nobody got any change out of of him, unlike some of the Arse players whom Guitterez in particular, ripped to bits

agreed about Hunt. he's just got to keep his nerve with Riberio, or even Stewart, and let Hunt rot somewhere like the Gash, Swindle, Muff, the standard he really is

There's a thread a few pages back where I gave as much information as I could about your trip and I did warn you about our stewards. One person said that your numbers would mean that the stewarding wouldn't be a problem. I begged to differ, and I wasn't wrong.

One of the reasons the atmosphere at ER isn't quite what it might be for run of the mill league games is down to the oppressive stewarding of the home fans. Consistently roaming around in teams with different types of uniform (from the bog standard orange vests to the scary black suited.coated gestapo) looking to eject people.

There seemed to be a head black coat gestapo steward who's whole persona just seemed to stoke up trouble, not just amongst the away support but the home fans as well judging by the hand gestures aimed at him by the Leeds fans in the East Stand every time he walked past. If I described him as incredibly ugly and he having highlights in his hair I'm sure you'd know the one. I honestly can't believe that him and his cronies are required to keep control when there are already Police and Stewards in attendance and I can only assume it is a Ken Bates idea considering his desire to erect electric fences at Chelsea in the 80's.

I don't think that it's Bates as such -he lives in Monaco and delegates the day to day running of the club to the chief executive. From there it's probably delegated even more. It must cost quite a lot of money as well.

The chief gestapo you metion is nicknamed Bradley Walsh. We know his birth name, but he's known by some rather more choice ones! He became scum in my eyes when I saw him eject someone and turn round to his colleague and say 'this is the bit of my job I love'. I could have swung for him there and then.

A number of our 'lads' have threatened to see him down a dark alley, but to date it seems he's been pulled out of the North Stand to bully away fans. That's what he is - a bully who is nothing without his coat and his cohort of slaves.

As you can tell we detest him.

Some of the stewards were really taking the p155 yesterday. i was stood on the end of a row two thirds of the way back in a large group of standers and a steward told me to sit down. i pointed out that if he had had a modicum of intelligence he would try and start making people sit down from the front, and that as he wasnt he was p155ing in the wind. he took offence and threatened to throw me out and then proceeded to go and tell his supervisor who obviously wasn't arsed as the next time i saw said steward he was bullying some youngsters. when he walked past me at half time he was dogging me up so i gave him a mocking fake smile an a thumbs up in return. to55ers.

Archived