IGNORED

Car Broken Into

cider11

Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, although I agree with you 100% about the history. I work in either Ashley Road, Richmond Street, St Andrews Mews on the other side, Albert Park and Norrisville most weeks at some stage. Some roads are better than others admittedly. The top of Richmond road is half decent for instance, whereas Albert Park is the sort of place the police don't even bother with anymore. Two murders in that area in the last few weeks along with numerous drug busts

In fact it's quote ironic that places like St Pauls were once that absolute class areas of Bristol during the slave trade era. If you lived there you were minted. Nowadays all those big three, four and even five storey houses have been split into bedsits and flats. The vast majority of that area is now social housing and populated mainly by eastern Europeans and Somalians.

It was I that SR1 is referring to. Indeed, the centre of Leeds is remarkably similar to Bristol in many ways. I also passed some absolute shitholes on the drive in, but for anyone who doesn't think Bristol is at least on a par for this I give you:

St Pauls

St Werburghs

St Agnes

Montpelier

Easton

Eastville

Knowle

Knowle West

Hartcliffe

All places you would drive past and label as shitholes from a purely visual perspective

Had a cracking night out in Leeds sampling some odd, but tasty beers.

Sorry to hear about the car break in, but could happen in the middle of Kensington, let alone Leeds

mmmmmmmmmmmm i would like u to say your view in the hartcliffe inn on a sunday afternoon mate

We can turn this into a cock waving exercise if you like, but, Onion aside, it hasn't been up to now.

I'll play along though. I'm 6ft 3", well built and can handle myself quite comfortably.

Anyone else wanna play? ;)

i'm 24, bristol heavyweight boxer, 6ft 7 and have previously lived at the following places.

St Werburghs

St Agnes

Montpelier

Easton

Eastville

Knowle

Knowle West

Hartcliffe

st. pauls

fishponds

We can turn this into a cock waving exercise if you like, but, Onion aside, it hasn't been up to now.

I'll play along though. I'm 6ft 3", well built and can handle myself quite comfortably.

Anyone else wanna play? ;)

Bull sh*t. You're 17, suffer from horrendous acne and have massive glasses. And also have homosexual tendencies if you want to 'play' with guys on this forum...

I am really offended by your comments Matty H. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the places you listed. You are a classist, racist, snob and i very much doubt that you've ever been to any of those places in your entire life. Notice how he hasn't mentioned any north Bristol neighbourhoods?

I hate people like you who give the working class a poor self esteem. Alot of my friends in their mid 20's are buying properties in Knowle West because it's the only area newlyweds and those with young families can afford a decent home. If you go there during rush hour, you will see all the people coming home from work or bringing their kids home from school, and you would feel ashamed that you went on a public forum to talk unjustified classist bullshit about them & their neighbourhood.

In future, keep your old fashioned classist bigotry to yourself.

Bit of an overreaction. Opinions not allowed anymore?

Why would anyone get so offended that somebody thinks the area they live in is a dump? i live in Fishponds and love it because it is where i have lived for 22 years, i am extremely proud to coach Fishponds Youth football team, but if somebody thinks it is a dump that is their opinion, who am i to deny them the right to that? Some people think i'm a tosser, i'm not about to cry about it!!!

As I've already mentioned - and this was the point regarding the initial post - just because a place may be percieved as looking like a dump doesn't mean it is, and isn't neccessarily a reflection of the people living there.

As for Onion - previously banned member who is now banned again, so he was just here to get a rise.

As I've already mentioned - and this was the point regarding the initial post - just because a place may be percieved as looking like a dump doesn't mean it is, and isn't neccessarily a reflection of the people living there.

As for Onion - previously banned member who is now banned again, so he was just here to get a rise.

I have just been pissing myself reading this thread, wasnt going to comment as there has been some absolute blinding opinion and total shite posted which has made it quality already, but I have to just say matty h you sound like a top man!

I live in hartcliffe, doubt i will ever live anywhere else, and i agree totally with you matty, parts of it make basra look homely, but either way it is an opinion, a valid one, that no one in there right mind can disagree with. All this bolocks about how dare you abuse my area is a ******* joke, we all know the bad parts of bristol, matty stated them, get over it, dont act like you live in some paradise where all the usual shitty inner city estate problems dont exist.

In all the areas I listed the decent folk far outweigh the social misfits. The poshest areas of Bristol - of which there aren't many - have their fair share of dropouts. It's all about perception isn't it? If you're driving through a council estate seeing burnt out cars and boarded up windows you can't help the impression you get, and it's a fact that places like St Pauls are now largely run down. Lack of money breeds deprovation, breeds social problems.

I will say that the building of Cabot Circus and a definate and clear change in policing and investment in St Pauls has seen this area cleaned up somewhat compared to only 5 years or so back. The trouble is it has just shifted the problems north to Montpelier. This isn't me talking, this is the residents I speak to every single day.

Archived