IGNORED

Trouble Today

Bcfc-Chris

I realise only 4 or 5 got involved, but only one was fighting back....

plus there was 10-20 blokes stood behind them waiting to pounce, the leeds fans had no chance.

its cowardly in my opinion

Your are entitled to your opinion, but they shouldn't have mouthed off, and no-one would have touched them.

And still some of you wonder why we have to go on restricted or "bubble" trips.......when will we ever learn

HT and I dont think I have ever seen so many black "North Face" tops hanging around ........didn't recognise any of them either even though I attend a lot of games

As for my trip to ER on sat.....no problems at all..............everyone chatting & mixing well in the Drysalters before and didn't see any probs outside after either.....

i will second that cracking day out but go steady with the black north face thats what i had on

Its all handbags compared to the 70s and 80s, the young kids of today aint got a clue about real football violence, that video was micky mouse stuff, i dont know what all the fuss is about, bloody handbags

Quite. Can anyone remember a game years ago, I think it was the first game of the new season and I seem to think it was against Portsmouth? I clearly remember being in the EE watching seats galour rain down from the top of Dolman Block A onto the away fans in the end of what is now the Atyeo.

Quite. Can anyone remember a game years ago, I think it was the first game of the new season and I seem to think it was against Portsmouth? I clearly remember being in the EE watching seats galour rain down from the top of Dolman Block A onto the away fans in the end of what is now the Atyeo.

yes, I remember that, I was in the Eastend too (3-3 draw in the end I think). Im sure the trouble started because for some reason there were Pompey fans in the Dolman but dont quote me on that

yes, I remember that, I was in the Eastend too (3-3 draw in the end I think). Im sure the trouble started because for some reason there were Pompey fans in the Dolman but dont quote me on that

You may well be right. Didn't Jacki score that day with the flick over the head and volley goal, or am I getting my games mixed up?

You may well be right. Didn't Jacki score that day with the flick over the head and volley goal, or am I getting my games mixed up?

I cant remember mate, somebody with a better recollection may be able to confirm this although I think he scored a good goal, possibly the one you remember, on his debut (which I think was against Southend?). My memory is a bit sh*t tbh so it wouldnt surprise me too much if it was me getting my games and opposition way off the mark. :unsure:

couldve been against Pompey

It was Pompey on the opening day of the 92/93 season and Jacki scored, along with Andy Cole, but not the way you decribed. He did however flick the ball over Guy Butters' head on the edge of the area and volley a shot towards goal, but the spoilsport keeper saved it! The trouble was in the Dolman when about 50 Pompey lads got themselves nice and comfortable in Block A just before kick off and inevitably it kicked off. I have vivid memories of a black chap getting a whack and tumbling down over a couple of rows of seats like a scene from a Western. I also remember the crowd being given out as 15,000 and wondering just where you would squeeze another 8,000 in the ground given that every seat was full, Pompey had filled the away terrace and all sections of the Open End were full up?............

It was Pompey on the opening day of the 92/93 season and Jacki scored, along with Andy Cole, but not the way you decribed. He did however flick the ball over Guy Butters' head on the edge of the area and volley a shot towards goal, but the spoilsport keeper saved it! The trouble was in the Dolman when about 50 Pompey lads got themselves nice and comfortable in Block A just before kick off and inevitably it kicked off. I have vivid memories of a black chap getting a whack and tumbling down over a couple of rows of seats like a scene from a Western. I also remember the crowd being given out as 15,000 and wondering just where you would squeeze another 8,000 in the ground given that every seat was full, Pompey had filled the away terrace and all sections of the Open End were full up?............

You can see now why they don't have 'pay-at-the-turnstile' anymore! ;)

Seemed to be a regular thing, 'todays crowd is 16,572' ......and not a spare seat in the house....... :doh:

I will never forget that game against Pompey, Pompey sat in the front few rows of a block seats raining down on them and unfortunately me! City running Pompey down the steps a if I am not mistaken down the drop into the robins enclosure below!

Correct. My memory of the game itself is cloudy. I think the poster above is right with his recollection of Jacki in that game, but I clearly remember the trouble

I was in dolman for that game! If i remember correctly it was a new idea to house away fans in the A Block of Dolman as the away end was still terracing at the time. I think they soon dropped the idea after that!

Wrong there mucker.

About 30 or so Pompey had got in by paying at the turnstile. They were in the ground well before kick off. A and B Blocks was where all Citys lads use to meet up. If i remember correctly, The Pompey fans were in the first 2 rows of A block and about 2 45 all hell let loose. Pompey fans were pushed back and quite literally some went over the side.

It was mental because City fans were swinging out at other City fans because no one had a clue who was who.

It seemed to go on for ages and the police really couldnt get up the steps from anywhere. I was half way up B block and with everyone rushing forward you didnt have a bloody clue what was going on

The stewards wernt going to get involved with any of that and kept some distance back

I dont recall anyone really getting hurt, but it continued for 10 minutes of the first half or so.

Wrong there mucker.

About 30 or so Pompey had got in by paying at the turnstile. They were in the ground well before kick off. A and B Blocks was where all Citys lads use to meet up. If i remember correctly, The Pompey fans were in the first 2 rows of A block and about 2 45 all hell let loose. Pompey fans were pushed back and quite literally some went over the side.

It was mental because City fans were swinging out at other City fans because no one had a clue who was who.

It seemed to go on for ages and the police really couldnt get up the steps from anywhere. I was half way up B block and with everyone rushing forward you didnt have a bloody clue what was going on

The stewards wernt going to get involved with any of that and kept some distance back

I dont recall anyone really getting hurt, but it continued for 10 minutes of the first half or so.

I can remember a few well known City lads even running across the pitch from the Williams stand to get involved.

I can remember a few well known City lads even running across the pitch from the Williams stand to get involved.

Indeed. Pompey had been run out of their seats and had backed up to the corner by the steps. It all seemed to have settled down into a bit of a Mexican stand-off, when 2 City lads ran over from the Williams, up the steps and then began the charge again with the rest of the City lot duly following. Whereupon all hell broke loose again. No old bill and only a couple of stewards trying to keep control.

We drew 3-3, with Jacki opening the scoring from outside the box. Cracking goal, and the quickest goal of the day too.

i was sat in B BLOCK that day and remember it like it was yesterday. pompey paid in, 30 odd and sat in lower A BLOCK, then all hell let loose, they came at us ,then wallop they had it from all sides, seats were flying at them, seem to recall one of theirs , a black dude copping a seat in his swede as he was pinned by the railings, they could not get out as more city were coming up the steps to get in. it went on til almost kick off, quite a ruck. remember seeing people getting pulled from the dolman for many weeks after that for their involvement in it. it also went off again big time at temple meads after.

jacki scored a screamer that day 25 yard volley over keeper, happy dayz.

any trouble which could have happend in weatherspoons was all dow to about 7 or 8 leeds fans who thought it would be fun to try and start on the city lot getting off the train, but to there disapontment, there ws too many city fans so they ran away to the pub, and of course city boys then chased after them. no police about so leeds boys thought it would be brave of them to hide in the pub throwing beer bottles at the city surpporters and rying to start a fight, and when the polic did arrive it was leeds fanswhich assulted th police with glass bottles from inide the pub!!

also the problem in the top corner of the away end was about this one leeds fan who thought he was hard n try and start somethink, so he ran across the netting seperating us and tried assulting me and other city fans around that area. tbh nothink happend because police got there too fast. after the game wesaw him outside of the ground but he was not as had as beforre and didnt want any trouble then.

sorry bout my spelling.

everyone who got off the train which were outside of weatherspoons who were city, were taking straight to the ground by police, so they couldn't have started anythink in town.

Archived