IGNORED

Time To Give Deano A Start?

southvillekiddy

What a dire post! I don't think you have a clue mate! David James has been immense this season at times! He's made 3 mistakes this season at most! I think the goal against leeds its something he will be disappointed about but it was hardly his fault!

If you want to watch bog standard players go down the memorial ground, or try turning up to a city game once in a while and you will actually see how good players like James, Caulker and Stead actually are!

Thankyou fellow fan. What I love about coming on here.

I've praised Stead and Caulker elsewhere.

Quite insulting really. Check out my profile sometime

Here we go!

I'd like to see Deano back. I'm not the only one who thinks James could have done better at Leeds.

Anybody agree with me that while James can pull off amazing shot-stoppers (this is my bit alone, I'll deal with it boys), it sometimes looks as if James gives up if he believes our defence are at fault. If that is his attitude, I cannot see how he should be in our goal.

Look at the replay of Leeds all important opening goal. He just doesn't go to save the "free" header from Becchiho, either that or he thinks its going past the post.

Either way he's at fault. I'd like us all to be together without super stars trying to hang onto a fading reputation. Either he's our goalie and in it on equal terms with all our players or he should be out

Hang on I'll just get my crash hat.

So let me get this straight, its dj Fault that he scored a "free" header? Not the defences that he had a free header? Some people just look for faults.

Thankyou fellow fan. What I love about coming on here.

I've praised Stead and Caulker elsewhere.

Quite insulting really. Check out my profile sometime

I think that this thread is a complete joke! We have a England goal keeper which to be fair would have been unthinkable for Bristol City 3 or 4 seasons ago! If anything he has been our most consistent performer with Stead and Caulker!

All I ever hear when things go wrong is -

"David James should be dropped as he didn't make another wonder save"

"David James didn't clap the fans last we so he must want to leave'' He's leaving in the summer, he's not committed, he's here for the money and on and on and on and on! It boring!!

End of the day this club has come on leaps and bounds and for us to attract a player of this calibre just shows how far we have come! 80% of the fans are brilliant at this club but there is a minority that can never be pleased! We could beat Chelsea 1 - 0 in the FA Cup and one or two of our so called fans would moan about something!

The defending this season at times has been nothing short of dismal and he has helped improve that over the last 5 or 6 games! Dean Gerkin is a talented goal keeper but never will be anywhere near as successful or talented as David James!

Your entitled to your opinion I just whole heartedly like most people on hear completely dis-agree with you! But please just tell me one single reason how Dean Gerkin coming into this team would improve it???? Il be amazed if you come up with anything!

I think that this thread is a complete joke! We have a England goal keeper which to be fair would have been unthinkable for Bristol City 3 or 4 seasons ago! If anything he has been our most consistent performer with Stead and Caulker!

All I ever hear when things go wrong is -

"David James should be dropped as he didn't make another wonder save"

"David James didn't clap the fans last we so he must want to leave'' He's leaving in the summer, he's not committed, he's here for the money and on and on and on and on! It boring!!

End of the day this club has come on leaps and bounds and for us to attract a player of this calibre just shows how far we have come! 80% of the fans are brilliant at this club but there is a minority that can never be pleased! We could beat Chelsea 1 - 0 in the FA Cup and one or two of our so called fans would moan about something!

The defending this season at times has been nothing short of dismal and he has helped improve that over the last 5 or 6 games! Dean Gerkin is a talented goal keeper but never will be anywhere near as successful or talented as David James!

Your entitled to your opinion I just whole heartedly like most people on hear completely dis-agree with you! But please just tell me one single reason how Dean Gerkin coming into this team would improve it???? Il be amazed if you come up with anything!

I don't understand your commitment to a player that has openly stated the reason he is playing for us is for no other reason than the geographical location of Bristol.

I would applaud you for your loyalty to James if l thought for one millisecond he had just one ounce of your loyalty and passion for our club.

However, it is my belief, based on his comments, that he doesn't give a rats ass about BCFC..... and it is for that reason why l firstly would never have signed a has been pro, but more importantly today, why l wouldn't play him.

Fair play for your comments, l sincerely hope James reads your kind words about him. However, l suspect he is too busy texting the rest of team telling them all how shite he thinks they are and how they don't try hard enough.....again more or less his comments in that silly newspaper article he does.

Me, l'd rather have players really playing for the shirt, injecting a bit of passion in their play and putting themselves right on the line to ensure BCFC progresses. Sadly, we are very very disjointed and in my opinion playing somebody who has been so open about his reasons for joining does nothing to aid our progression.

For all it's worth James is the number one and rightly so.

He's shown in the last few games that really he is a level up from not just out current keepers but from the standard of players in general in this league.

He is practically bailing a woeful defence out at times. I don't think Gerks or Hendo would be ready to do this at the moment - they are both too young and not developed.

Gerken is the future AFTER James. I feel confident that he can step up to the mark in around 2 seasons time or so but not before - he started well last season but even I

must concede that his form was not consistent enough for a team that wants to be pushing into the top half and top 6 of the league. Likewise playing him now would not

benefit us with the league being as tight as it is at the bottom.

I don't understand your commitment to a player that has openly stated the reason he is playing for us is for no other reason than the geographical location of Bristol.

I would applaud you for your loyalty to James if l thought for one millisecond he had just one ounce of your loyalty and passion for our club.

However, it is my belief, based on his comments, that he doesn't give a rats ass about BCFC..... and it is for that reason why l firstly would never have signed a has been pro, but more importantly today, why l wouldn't play him.

Fair play for your comments, l sincerely hope James reads your kind words about him. However, l suspect he is too busy texting the rest of team telling them all how shite he thinks they are and how they don't try hard enough.....again more or less his comments in that silly newspaper article he does.

Me, l'd rather have players really playing for the shirt, injecting a bit of passion in their play and putting themselves right on the line to ensure BCFC progresses. Sadly, we are very very disjointed and in my opinion playing somebody who has been so open about his reasons for joining does nothing to aid our progression.

I don't understand how his commitment could be questioned on the pitch?? He has made three mistakes this season and I think he has done his up most to help BCFC improve! He has made some awesome saves and has saved points a number of times this season. Especially against Boro and Preston.I don't see Gerkin as a solution as the Goalkeeper isn't the problem! The problem is that we can't defend properly! I don't see if it was Basso or Gerkin in goal this season how we would any better off??? I think we have a huge problem at full backs, it just lucky that Caulker and Fontaine have become alot more solid.

The end of the day I just want City out of the relegation zone and up the league. We probably have the best squad we have ever had and down to a early season crisis this season has just been a nightmare all round! We don't score enough goals but I believe confidence is building and I'm just praying that Maynard comes back and starts banging them in! Because if you think people are unhappy now imagine how we would feel being back in the gutter with Rovers? Jesus unthinkable!

Time to give Deano a start??!!

Time to give Southvillekiddy a mental health check?

Spot on mate. You've got to be nuts to come on here.

With Dean Gerken in goal I saw a lot more togetherness in defence and little of the bitterness I've seen at Ashton Gate this season. Obviously our defensive record was also better over the first 17 games last season. My conclusion is that we had a better defensive unit overall. I admit that we sadly miss Bradley Orr who may have been at the heart of that togetherness. (The heart of mid-field was similiarly ripped out when Hartley left us) The famous incident between Carey and Orr eventually seemed to contribute to a stronger defence.

29 goals have gone in David James net so far this season in 17 games which is not the highest total in the League but it is up there. Would not say this is brilliant form for an England goalie who is playing against less talented strike-forces this season. So I would not have anticipated that we would be at the foot of the table with a top notch goalie in the team, even given that we have a dodgy defence. That's why I doubt his loyalty to the cause at times.

Seems that many peopleon here aren't sufficiently aware of the importance of team spirit. At Championship level it is crucial for success if we accept that players are not going to be of the very highest calibre.

We've surely all heard about teams that have been ruined by a big head or primadonna criticising players they think are inferior

I can see it must have been difficult for James when Coppell pulled the rug out from under all of us. However he does seem to have been very slow to realise that he was not playing with Premier League quality players at Bristol City (yet) and make the necessary adjustments.

I was at Leeds and other fans shared my view that he should have done better. Then I saw the replay on BBC Sports and knew this was the case. Hence my post today.

Got to say that I really dislike the change in tone on this web-site over the last 5 years.

Sorry reasonable City fans but have decided to resign from this site. Others save your applause please. I won't be around to read any puerile comments.

CITY 'TIL I DIE.

Thankyou and goodnight.

Spot on mate. You've got to be nuts to come on here.

With Dean Gerken in goal I saw a lot more togetherness in defence and little of the bitterness I've seen at Ashton Gate this season. Obviously our defensive record was also better over the first 17 games last season. My conclusion is that we had a better defensive unit overall. I admit that we sadly miss Bradley Orr who may have been at the heart of that togetherness. (The heart of mid-field was similiarly ripped out when Hartley left us) The famous incident between Carey and Orr eventually seemed to contribute to a stronger defence.

29 goals have gone in David James net so far this season in 17 games which is not the highest total in the League but it is up there. Would not say this is brilliant form for an England goalie who is playing against less talented strike-forces this season. So I would not have anticipated that we would be at the foot of the table with a top notch goalie in the team, even given that we have a dodgy defence. That's why I doubt his loyalty to the cause at times.

I can see it must have been difficult for James when Coppell pulled the rug out from under all of us. However he does seem to have been very slow to realise that he was not playing with Premier League quality players at Bristol City (yet) and make the necessary adjustments.

I was at Leeds and other fans shared my view that he should have done better. Then I saw the replay on BBC Sports and knew this was the case. Hence my post today.

Got to say that I really dislike the change in tone on this web-site over the last 5 years.

Sorry reasonable City fans but have decided to resign from this site. Others save your applause please. I won't be around to read any puerile comments.

CITY 'TIL I DIE.

Thankyou and goodnight.

Your missing the point! Your practically blaming the goals that have been conceded on the goalkeeper rather than looking at the big picture which is the problems with the back four! Oh well whatever think what you want! BYE!

I disagree with your points but that should be no reason for you to pack it in. You're just as entitled to your opinion as anyone and at least back it up with a reasoned and more importantly readable argument, which can't be said for everyone! Keep at it, you never know, you might say something sensible soon ;)

I disagree with your points but that should be no reason for you to pack it in. You're just as entitled to your opinion as anyone and at least back it up with a reasoned and more importantly readable argument, which can't be said for everyone! Keep at it, you never know, you might say something sensible soon ;)

Yeah like Danny Haynes is a striker.

How many times... Gerken is shocking! last season he made soooo many mistakes its un real, he is not the answer and never will be! leave james alone, hes been excellent for us since signing (bar the ipswich game)

So many people spout some much shite about keepers. Gerkin is not shocking, he is a very good keeper (and young). Kept us in many games last season (Newcastle away for a start, what a performance that was).

They all make mistakes, even the very best, their mistakes are more visible than some other positions on the pitch.

We have three very, very good keepers.

Your havin a giraffe. Bring back Gerkin who GARANTEED a cock up a game, one that cost us pretty much EVERY game

Get rid of Gerkin. He aint good enough. would rather Henderson was 2nd choice. Never ever have rated Gerkin. would rather have Basso back than Gerkin in goal

Gerkin will NEVER be as good as Jamo

Your havin a giraffe. Bring back Gerkin who GARANTEED a cock up a game, one that cost us pretty much EVERY game

Get rid of Gerkin. He aint good enough. would rather Henderson was 2nd choice. Never ever have rated Gerkin. would rather have Basso back than Gerkin in goal

Gerkin will NEVER be as good as Jamo

Not that I really want to get into this again...

But surely that's very harsh?

Archived