IGNORED

Time To Give Deano A Start?

southvillekiddy

Here we go!

I'd like to see Deano back. I'm not the only one who thinks James could have done better at Leeds.

Anybody agree with me that while James can pull off amazing shot-stoppers (this is my bit alone, I'll deal with it boys), it sometimes looks as if James gives up if he believes our defence are at fault. If that is his attitude, I cannot see how he should be in our goal.

Look at the replay of Leeds all important opening goal. He just doesn't go to save the "free" header from Becchiho, either that or he thinks its going past the post.

Either way he's at fault. I'd like us all to be together without super stars trying to hang onto a fading reputation. Either he's our goalie and in it on equal terms with all our players or he should be out

Hang on I'll just get my crash hat.

Here we go!

I'd like to see Deano back. I'm not the only one who thinks James could have done better at Leeds.

Anybody agree with me that while James can pull off amazing shot-stoppers (this is my bit alone, I'll deal with it boys), it sometimes looks as if James gives up if he believes our defence are at fault. If that is his attitude, I cannot see how he should be in our goal.

Look at the replay of Leeds all important opening goal. He just doesn't go to save the "free" header from Becchiho, either that or he thinks its going past the post.

Either way he's at fault. I'd like us all to be together without super stars trying to hang onto a fading reputation. Either he's our goalie and in it on equal terms with all our players or he should be out

Hang on I'll just get my crash hat.

Wold you drop Stead and put Akinde up front??

would you drop Caulker and play James Wilson centre half??

would you drop Adomah and play Sproule??

no. So why drop our best goal keeper, for an average number 2.

Glad you put the crash helmet on........

i think Gerken is a very capable Championship keeper, and a few of the saves he made at the start of last season imo were some of the best i have ever seen in my time watching city.....but he lost his way at the start of the year and suffered badly and is rightfully number 2 at the mo.

James record speaks for itself and in the last 6 games we have seen the benefit of when we have a settled back four how solid we can look with James behind them......i worry now carey is injured, but i still think we will be more than comfortable by end of season and James has a big part to play in that

I think you're talking absolute nonsense about a man who has been good enough consistently for England and for the Premier League, and as such he is therefore good enough for us.

No, David James is our number one and should remain so.

End of imo.

I'm not saying he isn't good enough. I'm saying he's always looking around to blame our defence and let in a goal at Leeds that he should have saved.

The players to blame for Leeds 1st goal are McAllister, JCR & Hunt, had nothing to do with James.

James could have done much better with their 2nd, GKRs are coached to push the ball wide in that situation.

Hunt & the rest of the defence were at fault for the 3rd, a free header in the 6 yard box, again, nothing James could do.

Our problems are at full back not in goalkeeper, Deano will get his chance eventually.

BCAGFC

I'll admit i've been a critic of James in the past, usually in the wake of (many) a heavy defeat. Having said that I am more than happy with him in goal, if we dropped our keeper after every mistake we'd have no keepers left. However James' illustrious career should not go before him. The position should still be earned in my opinion.

I'll admit i've been a critic of James in the past, usually in the wake of (many) a heavy defeat. Having said that I am more than happy with him in goal, if we dropped our keeper after every mistake we'd have no keepers left. However James' illustrious career should not go before him. The position should still be earned in my opinion.

I think gerks may leave january. More than happy with henderson as cover hes the future for sure.

key thing you said there was James didn't save a "Free Header"

What you should be asking is why the f did Beccio get a free header in the first place, the fault is the defence

I put "free" in speech marks because there are bound to be occasions when a defender cannot get to the ball that an attacker is after. What should the goalie do then but try and save it, even if he thinks the defender is at fault?

I'd like to see our defence, including the goalie, congratulating one another more when they play well together.

I can see that James may have been well fed up when he saw Hunt was coming on but ..................................................................

oh dear, why is it every time we lose it must James's fault. James has cost us, two goals i think this season?? (ITFC & LUFC) i agree the second he could of done better but i aint seen the goals on the telly yet only in at the ground which i had a pillar in the way.

:tumbleweed:

send gerken out on loan or something.

I would much prefer Hendo in goal if James leaves at the end of the season

Wold you drop Stead and put Akinde up front??

would you drop Caulker and play James Wilson centre half??

would you drop Adomah and play Sproule??

no. So why drop our best goal keeper, for an average number 2.

Players have to have ability but they also have to be loyal to the team and ideally play with heart for City.

I say again James has the ability but I'm doubtful about his committment sometimes and I see this in his body language and quickness to b**lock our defence.

Unfortunately a major part in all this is the "Cop-out" factor. James may be regretting coming to us.

Players have to have ability but they also have to be loyal to the team and ideally play with heart for City.

I say again James has the ability but I'm doubtful about his committment sometimes and I see this in his body language and quickness to b**lock our defence.

Unfortunately a major part in all this is the "Cop-out" factor. James may be regretting coming to us.

Here we go again......:sleeping:

Talking Bollox. David James is a top keeper and can't be held responsible for the result at Leeds or other recent results. He has vast experience, is a model professional and obviously is keeping himself fit. I am sure Deano is learning from working with him and so are most of our defence. Deano's time will come.

Well, what a surprise! We lose, so it's again time for James to be dropped.

Never mind the fact that, along with Stead and Adomah, he's been our best player so far this season and without him we'd be cut adrift at the bottom by now.

Also, for about the hundredth time, why would he bother b**locking our defence if he wasn't arsed?

I despair....

:disapointed2se:

Overall what a load of rubbish, One "bad" game and he should be out.......if we had a decent replacement such as Basso then fair enough, but much as Gerkin is a good young keeper who will get better with age. He's miles of being good enough to replace James in the team.

As for James "committement" you've obviously not seen much of James in depth, His attitude has been like that his entire career. It's just the way it is, be it playing for England or little of Bristol City.

At his age and directly after a world cup, he could have easily hung up his gloves and called it a day after a very respectable career, instead he just loves playing still.

What a dire post! I don't think you have a clue mate! David James has been immense this season at times! He's made 3 mistakes this season at most! I think the goal against leeds its something he will be disappointed about but it was hardly his fault!

If you want to watch bog standard players go down the memorial ground, or try turning up to a city game once in a while and you will actually see how good players like James, Caulker and Stead actually are!

Well, what a surprise! We lose, so it's again time for James to be dropped.

Never mind the fact that, along with Stead and Adomah, he's been our best player so far this season and without him we'd be cut adrift at the bottom by now.

Also, for about the hundredth time, why would he bother b**locking our defence if he wasn't arsed?

I despair....

:disapointed2se:

You'll get used to it....

He should probably do better for the second goal as it was straight at him, it was arguably catchable and even if he thought otherwise he should of palmed it out of the danger zone for a corner. You could also argue he could to better with the follow-up, but I believe that would be harsh as Becchio was on to it so fast. To criticise him for the first goal is unbelievably harsh though. The two headers we've conceded were both free headers and were both into the corner of the net. To expect James to save these is unrealistic. H'es been playing well lately and dropping him on his performace at Leeds would not be justified.

Archived