IGNORED

What Has Happened To Sproule

riddlesdown red

Can anyone tell me what the position is with Sproule, is he injured or just not in Millen's plans personally with Albert doing so well he wouldn't get a start anyway or is he just another drain on small financial resources taking a wage until contract expires.

Campbell-Ryce, Adomah, Rose and Haynes are all much, much better widemen than Sproule. He has rightly been left out and will leave in Jan.

I've always liked Sproule and have hoped over the years he would come good.

On his day he's brilliant, but 'on his day' is very rare and unfortunately he's got to go. If he could cross a ball it would be something but he always seems to cut in and lose the ball, overrun it into touch, or fly down the wing so bloody fast no one can keep up with him.

If he's happy in this area then Yeovil or Cheltenam maybe an option, or maybe back to Scotland?

He can share a Taxi with Clarkson maybe? :fingerscrossed:

His faults are well documented, but he is one of the few players who regularly gets the crowd off of their seats. I will be sorry to see him go.

Spot on Superjack and I'll be sorry to see him go as well, but 1 good performance now and again just isn't good enough. Just look at Albert and how many bad games has he had, this is the sort of players we need if we won't to go places.

Talking about players getting the crowd off their seats. Junior and Dave 'Smudger' Smith spring to mind.

Just thinking about the old days and Junior and Smudger flying down the wing brings a smile to my face.

I'm not making a montain out of a molehill with this, it's just a question....

But has he featured since swearing and sticking the V's upto supporters in the Dolman in one of our home defeats?

Perhaps after that the writting was on the wall for him anyway.....

I think everyone would agree that Ivan is a likeable bloke who can the crowd going when he comes on.

But he has made only a handful of memorable appearances in almost 3 and a half years and this is simply not good enough. There have been far more indifferent or poor appearances where any excitement at his introduction has quickly been muted by a seeming desire to hang back out of the action and atrocious crossing.

The writing's been on the wall for Ivan for a very long time and it was a surprise to me that his original contract was extended.

Good luck to him anyway, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I'm not making a montain out of a molehill with this, it's just a question....

But has he featured since swearing and sticking the V's upto supporters in the Dolman in one of our home defeats?

Perhaps after that the writting was on the wall for him anyway.....

I don't remember that happening? Not saying it didn't but I would have thought more would have been made of it considering the frustrations that were around at the time? If he did then Ian Baird didn't last long after his little two fingered faux pas, so the precedent has been set

I don't remember that happening? Not saying it didn't but I would have thought more would have been made of it considering the frustrations that were around at the time? If he did then Ian Baird didn't last long after his little two fingered faux pas, so the precedent has been set

I can assure you that this DID happen and unlike many topics on here it was wittnessed by me, with my own eyes and not by my neighbours, dog walkers sisters brother in law who happened to overhear someone else say something in a pub!

Ian Baird was a vile, useless player who dd very little for us. Ivan is a nice enough guy but simply not a very good footballer. He has his hot head moments, of which this was a good example.

I'm sure there was a topic about it, or it was mentioned within a thread at the time, but people were probably to busy blaming everything on Mcallister to notice it!

I can assure you that this DID happen and unlike many topics on here it was wittnessed by me, with my own eyes and not by my neighbours, dog walkers sisters brother in law who happened to overhear someone else say something in a pub!

Ian Baird was a vile, useless player who dd very little for us. Ivan is a nice enough guy but simply not a very good footballer. He has his hot head moments, of which this was a good example.

I'm sure there was a topic about it, or it was mentioned within a thread at the time, but people were probably to busy blaming everything on Mcallister to notice it!

Well you can't bite the hand that feeds you, so you're probably right that his card was marked from that moment on. I expect the incident was lost in a sea of anti Millen, McAllister, James, New Stadium etc threads at the time and that's why less was made of it.

Ivan is a hothead and it doesn't surprise me that he reacted in that way, but then there are only so many times and expectant crowd can put up with him mis controlling a pass or getting to the bye line and hitting the first defender with his cross before something gives. Lovely bloke though..........

He is a top bloke. Always playing with a smile, unless brad was on his case.

Seen him in morrisons just after he joined with his mrs. They were arguing over soup of all things. She moved away leaving him shaking his head and he just looked at me and just said 'women'. He was right though. Basil does taste like shhh. I knew after seeing his trolley hed struggle. Full of pringles and mini cheddars. Legend.

Will never forget his injury time goals against Saints when their keeper came up for a corner. Basso threw it straight to him and he wellied it past their defenders, ran like the clappers and nearly ended up going down the tunnel. There was just a moment when it looked like one of their defenders might have caught him as, fast as he was going,he didn't seem to take the quickest route towards their goal! Breathtaking!

yep it defo happened I witnessed it too and there was a thread but was no big deal given how we were playing (and so say supporting the team at the time) - personally I'll be sorry to see him go, whatever you say he's a very positive attacking player and when on song sometimes had 3 people put on him. Pace frightens the life out of opposition players and he certainly can't be knocked for that.. by the way, do we actually KNOW he's going ??

Archived