IGNORED

Coppell On Why He Left...

View from the Dolman

Actually it was what Tommy said Albert told one of the other Swedish fans, so third hand.

The interview was published in Well Red and seemed unequivocal.

Does Albert really strike you as a GJ signing? He doesn't me.

Why not ? Signed flair players in his time with us.

I think the reasons he left Man City are pretty common knowledge amongst those in Manchester at the time, but I'm not going to elaborate, either.

I truly have no idea why he left us, but he did a pretty good impression throughout of someone whose heart wasn't really in it and the mud being slung at SL for "not supporting him" during his spell here is outrageous.

Final point, Coppell didn't sign Adomah, Albert confirmed in Sweden that he signed a pre contract whilst GJ was still in charge of us so please don't give Coppell any credit for our best summer signing.

Yeah he did, there was something on the radio the other weekv about it

Actually it was what Tommy said Albert told one of the other Swedish fans, so third hand.

If I was wrong about that then fair enough. It just seems odd that Tommy posted it as even posting in a foreign language he's normally spot on.

As for Albert not being a "GJ type signing" which is what I presume that you are implying, I think that GJ signed all types of players and also brought in good ones and bad ones so I don't think there was a type, really.

Neither does Trundle.

As for Albert not being a "GJ type signing" which is what I presume that you are implying, I think that GJ signed all types of players and also brought in good ones and bad ones so I don't think there was a type, really.

I agree Tommy is normally very accurate which is why I pointed out it wasn't from him directly, but the programme article directly contradicts what he said.

What I mean by not a GJ type signing is that Albert is a young skillful attacking player who stepped up two leagues. Not really a grafter of the sort GJ likes and if he had signed under Johnson then track records suggest he would more likely have been loaned out this season than get the chance to make the kind of impact he has under Coppell (who does have a history of signing young lower league players and improving them) and then Millen.

Archived