IGNORED

Marvin Elliot

CiderArmyy

Hate to put a downer on everything, terrific result and well done Pitters getting his first goal.

But IMO Elliot had his worst game for a looooong time, every pass he made went straight to Leicester, And the pass he did make was an aqward one to James or Mcallister. And I think it should of been Elliot taken off and not johnson as he didn't really do anything wrong, or do anything for that matter.

Its been said on here before Elliott and Skuse cannot play together. Elliott should have gone off at HT and kept Johnson on

This is very true and it's no coincidence that Marvs best spell for 2 seasons has been during Skuse's absence, Marv is generally far more important than Skuse, Marv can score goals and we do not create anything from centre midfield whatsoever when these 2 play together.

Can't expect to put elliott behind the front man AND play well..... what was millen thinking???

My guess is that Millen was thinking that Marv, being tall and good in the air would be a threat getting into the box more often. Hence he was playing much further up the pitch than usual.

The problem was that City weren't coping with the three Leicester midfielders and not getting the ball out to the wings to get in crosses. Essentially Elliot was starved of service and thats why Millen changed things at half time.

If anyone watched England in midweek Elliott is a classic English midfielder, he works hard, chases everything, is good in the air but his first touch, technique and passing are really very poor.

As for the comment about looking "Premier league class" when compared to Skuse, well only one of them put in a brilliant goal saving tackle and passed the ball crisply to his team mates all game and it wasn't Marvin..

As for the comment about looking "Premier league class" when compared to Skuse, well only one of them put in a brilliant goal saving tackle and passed the ball crisply to his team mates all game and it wasn't Marvin..

I think you're letting your view of the match be influenced by what actually happened on the pitch rather than being determined entirely by ill-founded preconceptions. You also appear to understand the game of football. Are you sure you're on the right forum?

If anyone watched England in midweek Elliott is a classic English midfielder, he works hard, chases everything, is good in the air but his first touch, technique and passing are really very poor.

To be honest I reckon that each individual player of ours did one thing right today over the course of 90 mins. I'm perhaps asking a bit much to expect a little more than that. Crisply to team mates all game? OK got in a little bit late and missed it, but usually I don't count the warm up.

Did Marv play for England in the week?

My guess is that Millen was thinking that Marv, being tall and good in the air would be a threat getting into the box more often. Hence he was playing much further up the pitch than usual.

The problem was that City weren't coping with the three Leicester midfielders and not getting the ball out to the wings to get in crosses. Essentially Elliot was starved of service and thats why Millen changed things at half time.

On BBC Bristol before the match, Millen basically said: "Skuse is coming in as he has looked fit and is ready to come back into the the team..... and Rose is back in the starting 11 to put balls into the box for Stead and Elliott to hopefully get their heads on"... He must have pushed Marv up for that reason.

I just think there is the same problem at the club that Johnson had, that they have 3 influential midfielders in Elliott, Johnson and Skuse and the manager just doesn't seem to be able to drop one of them.

Not to put a downer on it but I think the first half to was dreadful, i would go as far as saying thats the worst we have played since we came into the Championship. The passing, commitment and football in general was awful to say the least!

Thank god we showed some character 2nd half, i think Mcallistar and Skuse showed some real determination 2nd half. We finally got some long awaited luck but if we play like we did first half more often than not we deserve to go down! I hope the team look at the video later in the week and really appreciate how bad the first half was! Hopefully Pittman will get a proper chance soon!

Can't expect to put elliott behind the front man AND play well..... what was millen thinking???

Yes but dont let that get in the way of another city player bashing thread...... what were you thinking?????

If anybody cared to see what marvin usually does all game they would see that most of the time he is pretty effective. His job isnt to get the ball down and link play, its to expend massive amounts of energy breaking down the oppositions play and giving the ball to the more creative midfielders in our team.... the problem he has here is we dont have any midfield creativity so i suppose he takes it upon himself to try to pass the ball forward.

Most people have been watching to many premier league games I think. They assume marv needs to play like fabregas every week or he is crap, he actually does his job well because who else is going to do all the donkey work in midfield?????

Hate to put a downer on everything, terrific result and well done Pitters getting his first goal.

But IMO Elliot had his worst game for a looooong time, every pass he made went straight to Leicester, And the pass he did make was an aqward one to James or Mcallister. And I think it should of been Elliot taken off and not johnson as he didn't really do anything wrong, or do anything for that matter.

In the first half with the ridiculous tactics employed by Millen he had Elliott playing it seemed to me as a striker,Marvin did not know where he was midfield or up front .In the second half when Millen realised what a hopeless selection he had made and put another striker on and droppped Marvin back to midfield he was basck tackiling everything that moved .I find it very unfair when players who are giving all they have are slagged off for decisions made by a Manager who is clearly out of his depth.

Yes but dont let that get in the way of another city player bashing thread...... what were you thinking?????

If anybody cared to see what marvin usually does all game they would see that most of the time he is pretty effective. His job isnt to get the ball down and link play, its to expend massive amounts of energy breaking down the oppositions play and giving the ball to the more creative midfielders in our team.... the problem he has here is we dont have any midfield creativity so i suppose he takes it upon himself to try to pass the ball forward.

Most people have been watching to many premier league games I think. They assume marv needs to play like fabregas every week or he is crap, he actually does his job well because who else is going to do all the donkey work in midfield?????

Quite right...we are a bottom tier Championship team for Christ sakes...Expecting evey player to perform to Premier League standard each and every week is extrememely unrealistic. Marv wasnt the best but he was effective. We won 2-0 against a very strong, Well organised Leicester who were previously unbeaten in 4. But its never enough for some supporters is it....?

Footballs a team game (old Cliche I know) and at this level you carry a passenger or two every week in the team, but hope over the season each performs adequately in support of the team.Those that perform above this level consistantly, invariably move on to better things.

When you pick up the WDP on Monday it will record a 2-0 win for city everything else will be forgotten.

If Marv, James, Ribs, Fonts, Scuse, Pitman, Caulker et al.. et al all play crap in our next game and we get 3 points. Thats all that really matters.

prescisely. its like asking john terry to play in frank lampards position..... he's struggle.

Archived