IGNORED

Starting Line-up

elko

Your loss, what a waste of money (a few months wages) as well, what was the point?
I agree with you, why sign him and not play him. But in an important match like this, would you throw him into a team that he's never even made an appearance for yet?

I cant believe we have to listen to a reading fan talking about our team selection wen he hasn't seen any of the players play for the last 3 seasons. Doc was in and out of injury and not fully fit, Tinnion had better legs back then but is now suited to the middle, Bell, ok, has played well lately, but without him we should have two wingers and attack. Attacking is the best part of our game because we keep the ball. If we have the ball, the opposition cant score. I know it's not that simple but with two wingers like Murray and Rougier given the ball and attcking, we are more likely to win, than two defensive wingers who will play the ball sideways or backwards. I dont see the problem with two wingers, Rougier tracks back, Murray used to be a right back!

Guest Royal4ever

Again, you don't understand the point I made. I'm not saying that wingers should track back, what I'm talking mainly about is being outnumbered in the middle. I'm not saying play Carey and Hill on the wings, I'm saying play Murray or Rougier on one wing and somebody like Tinnion on the other wing so that he can come infield and prevent you getting outnumbered. I'm also saying that you need some balance, if you don't play Tinnion on the left flank you will need to play somebody like Bell on the left flank, because he has quality crosses, you can't play two attacking wide wingers or you will be humiliated. I see you every time your on Sky and I also get the Westcounty soccer sunday because I live in between Reading and Swindon. I've also seen plenty of Rougier and Murray in a Royals strip. As with all football fans, stop the Kevin Keegan childish thinking.

Thing is, in Division 2 we don't get outnumbered in the middle because most of them play bloody long ball (something we resort to more and more it seems). We are never overrun in the middle, because our strikers do play quite deep and there is not really the space for the opposition to play football.

Guest Red_Atyeo
Again, you don't understand the point I made. I'm not saying that wingers should track back, what I'm talking mainly about is being outnumbered in the middle. I'm not saying play Carey and Hill on the wings, I'm saying play Murray or Rougier on one wing and somebody like Tinnion on the other wing so that he can come infield and prevent you getting outnumbered. I'm also saying that you need some balance, if you don't play Tinnion on the left flank you will need to play somebody like Bell on the left flank, because he has quality crosses, you can't play two attacking wide wingers or you will be humiliated. I see you every time your on Sky and I also get the Westcounty soccer sunday because I live in between Reading and Swindon. I've also seen plenty of Rougier and Murray in a Royals strip. As with all football fans, stop the Kevin Keegan childish thinking.
Ok first your saying we need some balance. (i.e. symmetrical looking formation)

Then you say put tinnion on the left so that he can actually drift into the middle. This leaves you with a team that on paper looks like this:

Tinnion - - - -- - - Doherty - -- ------ Pie Eater -- ------- Murray

But according to you will turn out like this

----------------------Tinnion-Doherty-Pie Eater-----------------Murray

LOP SIDED OR WHAT?

Guest Spike

Why is everyone ruling Rougier out?

He put in an excellent performance and tried hard throughout the last match.

He was quick on the ball, he took players on (vital) and he was very tricky to tackle.

I think if he isnt given a place in midfield he should be partnering Roberts up front

Guest Royal4ever
Ok first your saying we need some balance. (i.e. symmetrical looking formation)

Then you say put tinnion on the left so that he can actually drift into the middle. This leaves you with a team that on paper looks like this:

Tinnion - - - -- - -  Doherty - -- ------  Pie Eater    -- ------- Murray

But according to you will turn out like this

----------------------Tinnion-Doherty-Pie Eater-----------------Murray

LOP SIDED OR WHAT?

I meant balance in the sense that you have different blends of players on each flank, not same type of player on both flanks.

According to you, your left back will be sitting down next to the corner flag all game then? Get real. That space won't be just left like that, these are professional footballers, even pub teams and kids teams wouldn't sit down or stand still and leave a space like that. It would be Tinnions job to come inside when needed from the left flank. It's your left backs job to attack that space ahead of him and overlap. That's how you outnumber the opposition and win games, full backs should be full backs, not centre backs (eg Bell not Hill).

I meant balance in the sense that you have different blends of players on each flank, not same type of player on both flanks.

According to you, your left back will be sitting down next to the corner flag all game then? Get real. That space won't be just left like that, these are professional footballers, even pub teams and kids teams wouldn't sit down or stand still and leave a space like that. It would be Tinnions job to come inside when needed from the left flank. It's your left backs job to attack that space and overlap.

Ohhhhh, so you meant 'balanced' as in 'different on either side'. I see.

Guest Royal4ever

Haha, this is football talk not maths talk or whatever. Like when you have 11 right footed players on the pitch you have no balance (duh!).

Haha, this is football talk not maths talk or whatever. Like when you have 11 right footed players on the pitch you have no balance (duh!).
No, because to be balanced, you would have left footed players on the left and right footed players on the right i.e. like for like players on opposite sides of the pitch (I thought a tactical genius like you would know this).

However, if you have three central midfielders, one winger and a left back, as you suggest, you don't have balance. What you have is us against Oldham at home, and believe me, it doesn't work.

Guest Royal4ever

Stop lying, where have I said that you should not play without a left sided player? I suggest (as do most who know anything about football) that you play a left footed player on the left flank and a right footed player on the right flank. I also suggest that you don't play two attacking wide men on both flanks. I'm sure you will reply again and find something to moan about.

I suggest (as do most who know anything about football) that you play a left footed player on the left flank and a right footed player on the right flank. I also suggest that you don't play two attacking wide men on both flanks. I'm sure you will reply again and find something to moan about.
As I said, the formation you suggest doesn't work, as we have found out from bitter experience. Then again, you don't actually watch us play, so it isn't particularly surprising to find such a high level of ignorance in your posts.

By the way, with reference to this:

Stop lying, where have I said that you should not play without a left sided player?

I think you have said we 'should not play without a left sided player' on numerous occasions.

Guest Royal4ever

Your making a fool out of yourself, what are you talking about?

I'm suggesting that, to fit Darren Caskey into your team, the best thing to do would be to play Tinnion in his natural position on the left flank so that you don't get outnumbered in the middle. I'm sure you will reply again with something to moan about.

Your making a fool out of yourself, what are you talking about?

I'm suggesting that, to fit Darren Caskey into your team, the best thing to do would be to play Tinnion in his natural position in the left flank so that you don't get outnumbered in the middle. I'm sure you will reply again with something to moan about.

I don't want to fit Caskey into my team, thanks all the same.

Tinnion's natural position is central midfield not on the left flank, but thanks for identifying precisely why you have become so confused.

philips

carey-coles-fortune-hill

murray-docs-tinman-rougier or goodfellow

lita-roberts

subs:

miller

rougier or goodfellow

butler

bell (if fit, mainly for penalty taking) if not burnell

stowell

Had a dream last night about Lita starting with CR up front with them and those wingers causing all kinds of issues with attacking pace.

Archived