IGNORED

Shoved Into That Little Corner...

Carey 6

Sitting in the Eastend i think its a bit of a joke being shoved into that little corner near the Dolman. I remember something being mentioned about this after the meeting with club officials and fans in bar Bs3 although i can't remember what it was. I just think that other teams shouldnt get priority treatment over the seating in the EE.

If anyone could help and let me know what the Clubs decision on this matter was from the meeting please :)

when you look at alot of games in the prem they have one line of stewards between rival fans, why do we have to have two blocks.its a joke

Maybe it's not the behaviour of the away fans the police and club are worried about?

Trouble seems to follow us about like a bad smell again in the last few years.

Zzz

when you look at alot of games in the prem they have one line of stewards between rival fans, why do we have to have two blocks.its a joke

If the numpties who congregate by the netting learned how to behave themselves, then maybe the size of the netting could be reduced, but unfortunately that's not the case. With regards to being put in the corner, you have to remember that the Wedlock Stand was closed to home fans for many years, and it was only after many discussions and meetings with the club and the police, and our Chairman back tracking, that home fans were allowed in. And even then it came with conditions that during large away followings, home fans would be pushed into the corner. I don't think it is fair to start whinging now about the view, when you knew this when you bought your ST.

Anyone would think we have a big following in the eastend. Considering the fuss made about getting in their, the turn out week on week is quiet poor.

As noone can get in there without without becoming a member at the cost of £20.

A friend of mine watches city when he doesnt have a game, what is he going to choose

£25 or whatever it is in the dolman,

or £45 in the east end.

He only makes 2 or 3 games a season because of playing football.

Not a hard choice is it, even thought he wants to be in the east end.

As noone can get in there without without becoming a member at the cost of £20.

A friend of mine watches city when he doesnt have a game, what is he going to choose

£25 or whatever it is in the dolman,

or £45 in the east end.

He only makes 2 or 3 games a season because of playing football.

Not a hard choice is it, even thought he wants to be in the east end.

But what about season ticket holders, isn't it the cheapest season ticket available. Perhaps the demand isn't quiet as big as first made out.

But what about season ticket holders, isn't it the cheapest season ticket available. Perhaps the demand isn't quiet as big as first made out.

Thought selling 1200 in this current climate is pretty good. There is only so many season tickets they can sell, due to the FA cup etc.

Demand is only there from people who want to go in there, regardless of price or not. If the price was level with the dolman, i and others would still buy it.

If the numpties who congregate by the netting learned how to behave themselves, then maybe the size of the netting could be reduced, but unfortunately that's not the case. With regards to being put in the corner, you have to remember that the Wedlock Stand was closed to home fans for many years, and it was only after many discussions and meetings with the club and the police, and our Chairman back tracking, that home fans were allowed in. And even then it came with conditions that during large away followings, home fans would be pushed into the corner. I don't think it is fair to start whinging now about the view, when you knew this when you bought your ST.

What conditions and where could fans read them?

Leicester did not fill the first couple of blocks in the stand.

Think the atmopshere was a lot better inside the eastend from being pushed into the corner.

If your moaning about the view, come on, anywhere in the east end aint exactly great is it.

Totally agree,atmosphere is always better in the corner.The more room we get the more diluted the noise becomes.

Personally i like being shoved in the corner when its a large away crowd. Atleast we can sneak off into the dolman for a pint at half time. :dancing6:

I suppose it will be back to normal against sheffield utd, wont be allowed out for a pint :( cant see many coming down for this one. i suppose i'll have to just keep moaning to the stewards :grr:

I struggle to think of another club with such a hystericle attitude to football fans. England games don't even have proper segregation these days. Poor old City, 20 years behind.

City are not 20 years behind. The bottom line is that like all clubs City have a minority of fans that simply can't be trusted to behave. Because of the mindless few the others are penalised as well.

Btw - The view from whole of the Wedocks has always been the worst in AG. Thats why I moved into the Dolman 20 odd years ago after years in the Wedlocks. Watching the game with a perfect view was a delight after about 15 years in the EE.

City are not 20 years behind. The bottom line is that like all clubs City have a minority of fans that simply can't be trusted to behave. Because of the mindless few the others are penalised as well.

Btw - The view from whole of the Wedocks has always been the worst in AG. Thats why I moved into the Dolman 20 odd years ago after years in the Wedlocks. Watching the game with a perfect view was a delight after about 15 years in the EE.

Name another club still insisting on massive sterile areas for every game? Tottenham have a massive mob, but you still only have 1 line of stewards seperating the fans. Same at clubs like Man City, Everton, Leicester....How many more examples do you want?

The fact that Fulham and now England have virtually dispensed of segregated areas just shows how backward the club is on this issue.

As for the view, what's that got to do with my post?

Name another club still insisting on massive sterile areas for every game? Tottenham have a massive mob, but you still only have 1 line of stewards seperating the fans. Same at clubs like Man City, Everton, Leicester....How many more examples do you want?

The fact that Fulham and now England have virtually dispensed of segregated areas just shows how backward the club is on this issue.

As for the view, what's that got to do with my post?

Economou mentiond the sightlines in post 3 I think.

Man City and Leicester both have new stadiums, as do many other clubs. Cardiff and Swansea included.

The issue with the Wedlocks is the design of the stand. Its not suitbable to house both sets of fans and untill the Atyeo became the 'home end' away fans were always down the other end.

You seems to think that if the fans were stood next to each other seperated by only a line of stewards that there would be no trouble. Your're wrong. The minority that I referred to will always want to taunt, hurl abuse and scrap with opposition fans and I support the club in their view.

You seems to think that if the fans were stood next to each other seperated by only a line of stewards that there would be no trouble. Your're wrong. The minority that I referred to will always want to taunt, hurl abuse and scrap with opposition fans and I support the club in their view.

I'm wrong? Really? Where did all these fans go from the clubs mentioned above? They didn't, just the safety barrier for their posturing has been removed.

Nice to see you think so highly of your fellow fans though...

Whilst I don't like the huge segregation, I am resigned to the idea that it is probably necessary in the Wedlock. When I take my 2 young nippers with me I am pleased that the risk of trouble is minimal due to the gap.

Its such a shame we have so many idiots. When they start shaving maybe they'll all grow up.

Whilst I don't like the huge segregation, I am resigned to the idea that it is probably necessary in the Wedlock. When I take my 2 young nippers with me I am pleased that the risk of trouble is minimal due to the gap.

Its such a shame we have so many idiots. When they start shaving maybe they'll all grow up.

Agreed about the segregation but when we played the Toon last season there was only a one block gap, against Leicester there were two, that's what I don't understand. Don't believe there's a history of trouble between the clubs.

Can't say I've noticed any worsening in behaviour this season, are there other reasons behind the decision ?

Archived