IGNORED

Best Goals Per Game Ratio

TBW

Just wanted to mention to Clarkson critics (myself being one of them!) that he has the best goals per game ratio this season for Bristol City.

Thoughts?

I would think that his goals per minute ratio is even more impressive as so many appearances have been from off the bench.

Goals per game ratio is a misleading stat , he doesn't really do much when he starts games and is a good sub to bring on but that's all he will ever be , I mean look at Peter crouch in twenty years time on paper he will look like one of the greatest strikers ever to play for England but those who were around to actually see him play will know he was never that great, ok to good but never great!

some uni a few years ago did something like this on the Chelsea team

They came to the conclusion that Solamon Kalou was the best player, as per goals scored + completed passes + runs made in the minutes he played.

Stats can be useful but just as long as clarkson (or any player) keeps scoring, i dont care how often they score, just so long as they do.

Goals per game ratio is a misleading stat , he doesn't really do much when he starts games and is a good sub to bring on but that's all he will ever be , I mean look at Peter crouch in twenty years time on paper he will look like one of the greatest strikers ever to play for England but those who were around to actually see him play will know he was never that great, ok to good but never great!

Strikers are there to score not tackle and set up goals - there's usually 8 outfield players behind them for all of that.

Crouch scores when he plays for England, if thats not a good enough excuse to play him I don't know what is?

Just wanted to mention to Clarkson critics (myself being one of them!) that he has the best goals per game ratio this season for Bristol City.

Regardless of what fans think about Clarkson's all round game, no-one can deny that he's a cool finisher. I'd like to know what his chance to goals ratio is. That stat says a great deal about how good a striker is.

I always remember Hoddle as England manager not selecting Andy Cole because 'it takes him 8 chances to score one goal'. Cole was understandably pissed by that comment.

Clarkson deserves a prolonged run in the team.

I totally agree. Clarkson is as underrated as Skuse is overrated.

How can people doubt such a statistic about his goal scoring ratio? Crikey, he was bought as a striker, gets little chance to impress, yet by in large he scores everytime he crosses the white line.

Yep he is a very cool finisher and should be given a run in the team. I don't think he has ever really had that opportunity.

Clarkson deserves a prolonged run in the team.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you but who would you leave out to accomodate Clarkson?

Certainly not Stead or Pitman. Both are ahead of him in the pecking order if Saturdays substitutions are anything to go by.

Clarkson should be shipped out in jan,

Maynard is our best striker and will be fit soon followed by Stead with Pitman in 3rd place Clarkson just isn't good enough to start,

Good goal at the weekend but lets not get carried away,

Macca has 2 assists from open play, moaning about him not having more is stupid He's a lest back ffs why hasn't elliot or adomah or rose chipped in with assists?

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you but who would you leave out to accomodate Clarkson?

Certainly not Stead or Pitman. Both are ahead of him in the pecking order if Saturdays substitutions are anything to go by.

That is another question!

If stead needs a rest or op to clear his injuries, then that should be sooner rather than later. I think its imperative that Stead and Maynard are available for the 2nd half of the season - so, why not give clarkson a go with pitman?

Archived