IGNORED

Ashes!

The Batman

Anyone out there??? Anyone going out there???

As it's about to start, thought i'd open the floodgates to discuss the wonderful sport that is cricket for the next few weeks.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm "out here".

But the current strength of the Australian Dollar has reduced the number of "Barmy Army" visitors somewhat, 'tis said.

I will certainly be attending the local Boxing Day Test at the MCG., but will have to face the eternal personal question : who to support ?

They said on one broadcast that the Barmy Army is smaller in number due to the strength of the Aussie Dollar; 1 beer = £6! :surrender:

Just after England made it to 100 for ) today, the camera panned onto the crowd and there was a massive St George's flag laid over some seats with "Bristol City FC" on the cross arm.

Two days before Adelaide started our former skipper Michael Vaughn gave an interview in which he doubted England have what it takes to bowl the Aussies out twice to win a Test match. was this;

1. a brilliant bit of kidology to fool the Aussies or

2. a piece of reverse psychology to wind up the England team or

3. a bit of verbal crap from a former player hoping to becone a TV expert opinion panelist?

What another great score to wake up to this morning! Spoke to a friend who lives out there who was at the last test, i dont think ive heard an Englishman sound prouder! If they can just put in another 500 innings then the series is effectively over such is the good form they're in.

in and out of sleep this morning while watching it.

just after the first ball at tea, it pans to a side view of the wicket to show a Bristol City flag.

Good start to the morning.

The penultimate over before tea when Oz were 177 - 6 that City flag was clearly in view behind the batsman.

Archived