IGNORED

Show Some Respect

Port Said Red

It was funny the first time around but I feel that after the last few games this chant has had it's day and is disrespectful to the players. Losing away to a team playing the way ours did today doesn't make you a bad team.

On the positive side, the chants for Albert were both excellent and the "You should have gone xmas shopping" taunts were very funny.

"We're winning at home" ? Ditch it now.....

It was funny the first time around but I feel that after the last few games this chant has had it's day and is disrespectful to the players. Losing away to a team playing the way ours did today doesn't make you a bad team.

On the positive side, the chants for Albert were both excellent and the "You should have gone xmas shopping" taunts were very funny.

and of course the players have no sense of humour whatsover.

Why not sing hymns?

Pass the prawn sandwiches.

didn't you know that the content of songs at AG is unquestionable and above reproach?

the basic rights of the football fan to say whatever they like has not been destroyed by the "do gooder's" and "PC Brigade"

:innocent06::rain:

:fish:

How about how sh!t must you be Mcallister scored? :)

Personally I don;t find that funny at all.

The sheep singers will sing whatever the other sheep singers will sing but when they get hgome tonight/tomrrow. Have a word with yourselves.

Jamie Mac done well and deserves more credit.

Personally I don;t find that funny at all.

The sheep singers will sing whatever the other sheep singers will sing but when they get hgome tonight/tomrrow. Have a word with yourselves.

Jamie Mac done well and deserves more credit.

have a word with yourselve and tell yourself to make some sense - and that mcallister song is funny.

Taking this piss out of our players isn't that funny, picking one out who has struggled a little this season is not funny at all.

You have obviously never played the adult game or been part of the dressing room mate. if you had you would realise what is sung by fans at matches is tame compared to the banter from their own team mates. Chillax

I'm guessing it's racist to homeless people. Tell you what, lets not sing anything or even cheer when we score a goal. Will that make you happy?

and of course the players have no sense of humour whatsover.

Why not sing hymns?

Pass the prawn sandwiches.

He wants people to bite get old conversation ongoing again.

I have been on the east end on and off since the 60's so believe me when I say I have heard and joined in with some of the most un'pc songs imaginable. The point of this song is "we are bad, but you are worse" my argument is that the former isn't true anymore and therefore it's a redundant song. The other thread about chants refers to whether it is right to attack opposition fans on racist or other grounds. I am suggesting it's wrong to attack our own players within a chant when they are playing so well.

I have been on the east end on and off since the 60's so believe me when I say I have heard and joined in with some of the most un'pc songs imaginable. The point of this song is "we are bad, but you are worse" my argument is that the former isn't true anymore and therefore it's a redundant song. The other thread about chants refers to whether it is right to attack opposition fans on racist or other grounds. I am suggesting it's wrong to attack our own players within a chant when they are playing so well.

Do you honestly believe if Pitman had missed both penalties today, that his team mates would'nt have teased him mercilessly?, Again you have obviously played the adult game or been part of the dressing room enviroment.

Do you honestly believe if Pitman had missed both penalties today, that his team mates would'nt have teased him mercilessly?, Again you have obviously played the adult game or been part of the dressing room enviroment.

the song suggests we are shit, which we aren't, how does this being part of being in the dressing room environment come into this? To a certain extent people can sing whatever they like as far as I am concerned I just don't see what the point of this song is anymore, are people going to be still singing it if we have won our next 3, 5 or 10 home games?

Would be incredibly unprofessional and stupid if they did. The last thing you want one of our forwards to do is get a complex about missing.

You'd think ppl would have figured out how psychological the game is with our sudden and otherwise inexplicable conversion from utter shite to actually pretty good this season.

what a load of shit ive just read!!!!

so a few years ago when we sang "we're top of the league...." i guess that put too much pressure on them!!

let's look at the best team in england for an example... makelele never scored and the crowd used to shout SHOOT everytime he got the ball, to quote someone in this thread who named other players, no he wouldnt have shouted shoot when lampard or cole got the ball but he did for essien (as we did for mcallister) as it was a laugh!

get a life u sad sad people

what a load of shit ive just read!!!!

so a few years ago when we sang "we're top of the league...." i guess that put too much pressure on them!!

let's look at the best team in england for an example... makelele never scored and the crowd used to shout SHOOT everytime he got the ball, to quote someone in this thread who named other players, no he wouldnt have shouted shoot when lampard or cole got the ball but he did for essien (as we did for mcallister) as it was a laugh!

get a life u sad sad people

I'm a Chels fan get up there three/four times a year Makelele shout, they do the same now with Mickel, its banter between players and fans, Kalou chant at Chelsea to untraines hears can be eared to be different. 92 clubs different chants sorrry forgot the point. Great Hundred by Strauus.

Sorry, consider my hand slapped for having some fun jeez

It was a bit of fun ( for the recorded I thought Mcallister had a good game) I'm with esmond on this, I broke my wrist helping my mates pro-5 team after only being on the pitch 10 seconds and missed the first 5/6 weeks of the Sunday league season and I get teased about it everytime I see them pretty much 6 months later but I know they mean no harm by it( I hope :) ) it's called banter. Gary Johnson teased Liam Fontaine saying he would never score and it didnt do him much harm that season did it?

But If I have effected JM confidence then I am sorry...

Thought it was to do with the fact McAlister ain't gonna be gloriously rememebered for his goals/games ratio not that he's become the latest scapegoat.

As for that 'winning at home' chant OP, I'd see it as dieing embers and probably won't feature as prominantly next time we do indeed win at home. The success and populariy of a chant often outweigh it's appropriateness - I've thought about this long and hard.

I'd chill out. Poppadom, mate?

OK this is my last post on this subject, quite how suggesting that we ditch a song saying that we are crap makes me "politically correct" I have no idea, I am being asked to "chill out", but it seems to me that there are several posters here carry a very large chip on their shoulder after the "Small town in asia" poll.

Sing what you like, but remember we are supposed to be supporting our team as much as deriding the opposition, I think this chant does the latter but not the former.

Thanks for taking part...........

Archived