IGNORED

Show Some Respect

Port Said Red

Would be incredibly unprofessional and stupid if they did. The last thing you want one of our forwards to do is get a complex about missing.

You'd think ppl would have figured out how psychological the game is with our sudden and otherwise inexplicable conversion from utter shite to actually pretty good this season.

FFS how the **** do you think Wimbledon were so successful? by going to prayer meetings?. Mate I advise you never enter a dressing room, guess what the players swear (omg), they take the piss out of each other (omg), they have usually degrading initiation ceremonies for new signings(omg). I doubt whether many of them have actually been in the boy scouts in fact most of them haven't got any qualifications at all, they have played football all of their lives, they have been around footballers all of their lives the 'crack' has been ingrained into them since they were probably 9 years old.

inexplicable conversion from utter shite to actually pretty good this season. By sticking together, adopting a siege mentality and doing all of the above in the dressing room and laughing at the various chants aimed at them EVEN BY THEIR OWN FANS and guess what if you really believe that it is'nt the case or you believe such behaviour dosen't fit in with your sanitised view of what football should become, your watching the wrong sport buddy.

The only thing that's relevant is whether it makes them play worse. Some it won't affect, but most it will.

In all honesty, how do you feel about people making jokes at your expense? Now imagine it as you're trying to chip the keeper or make an inch-perfect pass.

As you point out, players need to learn to deal with it, but that's easier said than done.

As for your explanation of our suddenly playing well, not really convincing is it. Siege mentality? WTF...

FFS how the **** do you think Wimbledon were so successful? by going to prayer meetings?. Mate I advise you never enter a dressing room, guess what the players swear (omg), they take the piss out of each other (omg), they have usually degrading initiation ceremonies for new signings(omg). I doubt whether many of them have actually been in the boy scouts in fact most of them haven't got any qualifications at all, they have played football all of their lives, they have been around footballers all of their lives the 'crack' has been ingrained into them since they were probably 9 years old.

inexplicable conversion from utter shite to actually pretty good this season. By sticking together, adopting a siege mentality and doing all of the above in the dressing room and laughing at the various chants aimed at them EVEN BY THEIR OWN FANS and guess what if you really believe that it is'nt the case or you believe such behaviour dosen't fit in with your sanitised view of what football should become, your watching the wrong sport buddy.

There's a huge difference between banter from team mates and from the crowd. I expect the players would have a wry smile about it the first time. I doubt they would the second or third.

It shouldn't be sung any more because it wasn't funny after the first time, no matter how many of the East End kids want to pretend otherwise.

And if you think that song or any like it played any part in turning around our season I can only say please try and think about that for a moment and realise how ridiculous it sounds.

We never did have any kind of attitude problem in the team this season, we had an organisation one followed by a confidence one.

There's a huge difference between banter from team mates and from the crowd. I expect the players would have a wry smile about it the first time. I doubt they would the second or third.

It shouldn't be sung any more because it wasn't funny after the first time, no matter how many of the East End kids want to pretend otherwise.

And if you think that song or any like it played any part in turning around our season I can only say please try and think about that for a moment and realise how ridiculous it sounds.

We never did have any kind of attitude problem in the team this season, we had an organisation one followed by a confidence one.

I haven't suggested that if actually bother to read what i've written. What i'm suggesting is the players enjoy banter, ask any ex pro what they most apart from playing and it's the dressing room banter and the banter/abuse from the crowd, could you imagine the Mr Savage gives a shit no he loves it, even the Beckhams managed to make fun of the infamous Posh chant when interviewed by Ali G, players are conditioned to it they grow up around it.

I must admit it's not really relevant anymore. It was very funny the first time, acceptable the second but a little pointless now. The EE has been a lot more fun the last few games though, some of the new songs have been funny and the banter seems to have improved with our turn of form. Long may it continue!

the song suggests we are shit, which we aren't, how does this being part of being in the dressing room environment come into this? To a certain extent people can sing whatever they like as far as I am concerned I just don't see what the point of this song is anymore, are people going to be still singing it if we have won our next 3, 5 or 10 home games?

Man United fans sing "who the **** are man united" every time they win, which going on your theory means the utd fans think they're sh!t, it's the same thing as what we're doing....having a laugh!!!!!

Sorry, consider my hand slapped for having some fun jeez

It was a bit of fun ( for the recorded I thought Mcallister had a good game) I'm with esmond on this, I broke my wrist helping my mates pro-5 team after only being on the pitch 10 seconds and missed the first 5/6 weeks of the Sunday league season and I get teased about it everytime I see them pretty much 6 months later but I know they mean no harm by it( I hope :) ) it's called banter. Gary Johnson teased Liam Fontaine saying he would never score and it didnt do him much harm that season did it?

But If I have effected JM confidence then I am sorry...

Helping is an overstatement, and we will continue to remind you of that incident for years to come....brrrr

Archived