IGNORED

Fa Cup

glynriley

Disappointing draw

shows how far the wendys have slipped down the big club stakes, i.e. they are not a big club any more, except in the world of tax non-payment

big ramshackle ground though but hardly ever full.

Last match of the season (do or die against palace) they had to drop prices to get their own fans in.

Would have preferred a decent Yorkshire club like Sheffield United or Leeds.

Not really sure how I feel about this one, I mean it's definitely winnable with it being at the Gate but they are one of the better League 1 teams so it will be tough. Not one to get your heart racing but at the same time a very good chance to reach round 4, which would of course be great. Millen will field a strong team so you'd hope that we'll do the job...

Tough game but winnable.

Exactly.

Looking at other ties though, now I know it was luck of the draw and done live, but Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Man U all get home ties and only Man U get to play a fellow prem team. Therefore either this year's Cup campaign will be sooo predictable or..... will be littered with upsets & shocks.

A mediocore league 1 "big club syndrome" team. Yawn.

Not true - despite some of the derogatory comments on this thread (since the link to their forumwhistle.gif) Sheff Weds are a far bigger club than us.

The fact is they're getting far better gates in the 3rd division than we are in the Championship.

However they are a 3rd division team, if a fairly good one, and that's why City should win, certainly at home.

Should be a good game and provided City take the F.A.Cup as seriously as we should, treat the opposition with respect and select our strongest team, one we should win.

Not true - despite some of the derogatory comments on this thread (since the link to their forumwhistle.gif) Sheff Weds are a far bigger club than us.

The fact is they're getting far better gates in the 3rd division than we are in the Championship.

However they are a 3rd division team, if a fairly good one, and that's why City should win, certainly at home.

Should be a good game and provided City take the F.A.Cup as seriously as we should, treat the opposition with respect and select our strongest team, one we should win.

Hands down their bigger than us, but the way I read it on their forum is "we're a bigger club therefore we will win 6-0", and if thats the case we should of lost to Sheff U and Blackpool should be in league 1, but it doesn't work like that.

Hands down their bigger than us, but the way I read it on their forum is "we're a bigger club therefore we will win 6-0", and if thats the case we should of lost to Sheff U and Blackpool should be in league 1, but it doesn't work like that.

Haven't read that, and of course it's nonsense.

I doubt many Wednesday fans think like that - bigger club they certainly are but being relegated to the 3rd will have quickly brought home the reality of their current standing in the football pyramid for all but the most dense.

The point is, bigger club or not, City are the better team and all things being equal on the day are very likely to progress.

• SC&T Board Members

Looks like a good draw to me: at home against a side from a division lower (therefore eminently winnable), but one that will bring a large following (probably taking the maximum allocation), so ensuring a good pay-day for the club. If all goes to plan, that means good income from the 3rd round and on into the 4th. Far better than a glory tie against a Man U. or such like and almost certain defeat. We can play them in one of the later rounds!

Not a bad tie,at home and definitely one we should really win. Hope the club bring the ticket prices down a bit though get a thew more home fans through the gate along with the large away support most probably.

Can you actually believe though how they drew out Leicester v Man City what were the chances of that!!!!

Archived