IGNORED

Old City Footage Late 80's Onwards

pictureonthewall

anyone know anywhere i can access old footage from late 80's onwards, i have some fond memories around that time, just started driving to games with mates, and did my record 41 games in a season around then(pre wife and kids era!!) also met the lads that i still go today with. any info will be much appreciated .

I'd say your best bet was looking on You Tube. You can find some very old games on there.

I often wish I could glance at some on those old games from yesteryear. I was only recently thinking how great it would be to see highlights from that game against the Gas from about 15 years ago when Donowa bundled the ball over the line in the last few minutes. I recall we won 1-0. Nicky Morgan hit the woodwork a couple of times and Holloway had his penalty saved. That was a night I'll always remember.

Does the club have anything like a digital archive of old games? I've always wanted to see the FA Cup game from 1974 when we beat Leeds 1-0. Is it possible to see it anywhere?

bootleg999 on YouTube is awesome, whoever it is.

Some great footage there, but no sign of the Donowa game. Somebody somewhere must have it on an old VHS cassette that they can upload it to YouTube?

Doesn't seem fair, everytime you go to the local shops you always see the gash victories against City stacked on the shelves (obviously nobody is buying them!!), but why can't we get one of the most important wins against them?!

i agree it would be great if you could stick it in youtube, Bootleg999 is good, yet most if the older games i have found are thru opposition vids on youtube and therefore show us being beaten too often, will carry on the search tho, especially interested in the 89-90 promo season as went to lots of away games that year as my job at that time did not entail weekend working.

i agree it would be great if you could stick it in youtube, Bootleg999 is good, yet most if the older games i have found are thru opposition vids on youtube and therefore show us being beaten too often, will carry on the search tho, especially interested in the 89-90 promo season as went to lots of away games that year as my job at that time did not entail weekend working.

Try this fella....................

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bootleg999&aq=f

I could be your man, lots of footage of City from 1987 onwards (including Donowa game). When I get some time I will start putting it on You Tube and will paste links on here.

*Bump*

Pleeeeeeease make this happen, I remember writing a very foolish letter to Roger Malone at HTV accusing him on being a Gashead for not showing the Donowa highlights - little did I know at the time, I'd missed them!

If you're reading Roger...I'm sorry!

Some great footage there, but no sign of the Donowa game. Somebody somewhere must have it on an old VHS cassette that they can upload it to YouTube?

Doesn't seem fair, everytime you go to the local shops you always see the gash victories against City stacked on the shelves (obviously nobody is buying them!!), but why can't we get one of the most important wins against them?!

God knows what shops you have been going in, as ive never seem them.

Chelsea game 3-1 FA Cup brought back some good memories, first time for me in the east end, Dad used to always take me to crackers corner in the old open end, but with Chelsea having the all open end we had to go to the east end. Prober FA Cup tie fantastic atmosphere, muddy pitch and peeing down with rain one of my most fav memories of my standing era at AG.

Archived