IGNORED

Akinde

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Loans are very likely to be unsuccessful when the player has not had much first team football and in any case league one football isn't going to help him develop into a Championship player is it?

Do you really think if we'd loaned Adomah out to a club at the bottom of league one he'd be anywhere near as good as he is now after 20 or so games at this level?

What like Caulker?.

and on another point, i'm sure Akinde is trying his best but it's not happening and let us not forget that Millen never played him or even put him on the bench much even when we were safe at the end of last season. I know certain people are having this love in with Millen, but let us also not forget there were 2 in the GJ relationship and if people believe the pathetic excuse that Millen had no input whatsoever in any of decision making whilst GJ was in charge, then I don't believe he is the man to be in charge of our club at all.

i'm just waiting for the "are'nt the pies better since KM took over".

What like Caulker?.

and on another point, i'm sure Akinde is trying his best but it's not happening and let us not forget that Millen never played him or even put him on the bench much even when we were safe at the end of last season. I know certain people are having this love in with Millen, but let us also not forget there were 2 in the GJ relationship and if people believe the pathetic excuse that Millen had no input whatsoever in any of decision making whilst GJ was in charge, then I don't believe he is the man to be in charge of our club at all.

i'm just waiting for the "are'nt the pies better since KM took over".

8 Games, 17 Points :tongue:

8 Games, 17 Points :tongue:

Your missing the point, the thread is being portrayed as another GJ failure, but who was his no.2 during the good period and also the bad period?, I am still waiting for someone to explain to me actually what Millen did during his stint as no.2, because some people are claiming he did nothing other than keeping his head down which is frankly ridiculous.

of course things are much better at the moment and thank god they are, but as you can probably tell I am firmly in the 'not convinced camp', the big test will be the january window to see who he brings in as the final piece of the midfield jig saw, because i'm really not sure how things will turn out if we have to see the season out with Elliott and Skuse in midfield.

However the unescapable fact is Millen has never given Akinde a chance not even on the bench, especially last season when we were safe.

Your missing the point, the thread is being portrayed as another GJ failure, but who was his no.2 during the good period and also the bad period?, I am still waiting for someone to explain to me actually what Millen did during his stint as no.2, because some people are claiming he did nothing other than keeping his head down which is frankly ridiculous.

of course things are much better at the moment and thank god they are, but as you can probably tell I am firmly in the 'not convinced camp', the big test will be the january window to see who he brings in as the final piece of the midfield jig saw, because i'm really not sure how things will turn out if we have to see the season out with Elliott and Skuse in midfield.

However the unescapable fact is Millen has never given Akinde a chance not even on the bench, especially last season when we were safe.

Probably because he doesn't think he is good enough. Especially in a team fighting to get out the s***. Best to have hardened pros or players who show more promise, than someone who might make it but then again might not. Akinde just liikes like someone who doesn't really believe he should be playing for us.

His big test is his ability to develop a cohesive successful side that maintains a decent level of improvement. He's stated what he's looking for and most agree he's addressing areas of weakness. I find it mystifying that we are asked to refer back 10 months and speculate on our new manager's role in a previous manager's time at the club. I trust him, he doesn't spout nonsense and seems to have a balanced view of things. He's acknowledged his mistakes, but pointed to players' mistakes when they've made them. All very calm, adult stuff. I suspect the players appreciate this.

Calm Authority works.

Probably because he doesn't think he is good enough. Especially in a team fighting to get out the s***. Best to have hardened pros or players who show more promise, than someone who might make it but then again might not. Akinde just liikes like someone who doesn't really believe he should be playing for us.

His big test is his ability to develop a cohesive successful side that maintains a decent level of improvement. He's stated what he's looking for and most agree he's addressing areas of weakness. I find it mystifying that we are asked to refer back 10 months and speculate on our new manager's role in a previous manager's time at the club. I trust him, he doesn't spout nonsense and seems to have a balanced view of things. He's acknowledged his mistakes, but pointed to players' mistakes when they've made them. All very calm, adult stuff. I suspect the players appreciate this.

Calm Authority works.

Because some posters are implying that he had NO role at all, which is preposterous.

Because some posters are implying that he had NO role at all, which is preposterous.

Really? Who? Where?

This thread is about Akinde and why he doesn't seem to have developed. At least it was. I still think the main reason he hasn't improved is his development has been stifled by a lack of first team football here in the Championship, and that bit part loans are a vastly inferior substitute.

We're not talking about planned season long loans in the right environment, we're talking about handfuls of games spread out with long gaps in between. I don't see how any player can be reasonably expected to improve from non-league to the Championship in those circumstances.

Really? Who? Where?

This thread is about Akinde and why he doesn't seem to have developed. At least it was. I still think the main reason he hasn't improved is his development has been stifled by a lack of first team football here in the Championship, and that bit part loans are a vastly inferior substitute.

We're not talking about planned season long loans in the right environment, we're talking about handfuls of games spread out with long gaps in between. I don't see how any player can be reasonably expected to improve from non-league to the Championship in those circumstances.

Ummm, let me see begins with an R.......................

I agree that Akinde has'nt had much of a chance, several people on this thread have said GJ did'nt give him much of a chance and I am saying neither did KM when he had the opportunity especially when we were winning that tends to suggest to me that KM believes he has not made the sort of progress that was expected when we signed him. The point of short terms loans (especially in our case) is to supplement the lack of reserve team fixtures, playing regularly for one month is surely better than playing a reserve game once in a blue moon.

But surely the point is that why would any manager play someone in Championship team, if he doesn't think the player is good enough.

Akinde was signed as one for the future, not one for the last 2 years in the Championship. If he ain't good enough, then why do people call for the Manager to pick him?

People thought that Marvin Brown was gonna be a great player, he had potential blah blah. Does that mean the manager should have played him in the first team? No, cuz he wasn't ready, and ultimately, never was.

Fact is Akinde was not good enough to play in the Championship for the last 2 seasons. So why do you think he should have played regularly?

The best way for him to get experience was to be loaned out. He had a few opportunities at L2 and L1 level. If he didn't develop then it's due to him reaching his full stock, not due Gary Johnson not playing him in a team he was not good enough for.

But surely the point is that why would any manager play someone in Championship team, if he doesn't think the player is good enough.

Akinde was signed as one for the future, not one for the last 2 years in the Championship. If he ain't good enough, then why do people call for the Manager to pick him?

People thought that Marvin Brown was gonna be a great player, he had potential blah blah. Does that mean the manager should have played him in the first team? No, cuz he wasn't ready, and ultimately, never was.

Fact is Akinde was not good enough to play in the Championship for the last 2 seasons. So why do you think he should have played regularly?

The best way for him to get experience was to be loaned out. He had a few opportunities at L2 and L1 level. If he didn't develop then it's due to him reaching his full stock, not due Gary Johnson not playing him in a team he was not good enough for.

The best way for him to get experience was to play him off the bench (for useful periods - like half an hour not five minutes) and let him be involved in the first team.

Give him a chance when there's an injury or a form problem instead of loaning in garbage like Agyemang, Maierhoffer and panic signing Styvar.

If he doesn't develop doing that then fine, mistake made and he wasn't good enough.

You can't give him a few games on loan in a relegation battle with three months of inactivity preceding it and call it useful experience or expect him to develop.

There is no point whatsoever in signing a player you are not prepared to play because of his age when you have no plan to develop him.

The best way for him to get experience was to play him off the bench (for useful periods - like half an hour not five minutes) and let him be involved in the first team.

Give him a chance when there's an injury or a form problem instead of loaning in garbage like Agyemang, Maierhoffer and panic signing Styvar.

If he doesn't develop doing that then fine, mistake made and he wasn't good enough.

You can't give him a few games on loan in a relegation battle with three months of inactivity preceding it and call it useful experience or expect him to develop.

There is no point whatsoever in signing a player you are not prepared to play because of his age when you have no plan to develop him.

Are you not able to trust a Manager's judgement, who, and I'll make this point again, sees the player every day in training.

Perhaps the fact we signed players like Agyemang (who had lots of Championship experience) and Maierhoffer (who had Premier League and International experience), may well have been due to the fact that the manager did not think Akinde was good enough.

That's good enough for me. But the fact a player did not have the ability to play at this level, will never wear for some who just want to blame Gary Johnson for everything.

We took a gamble signing him. It backfired. Not much of a loss, what was it £150k?

Akinde just ain't good enough. FACT.

Lets not blame Johnson for Akinde's lack of ability.

Fair enough, GJ could hav eplayed him more last season, but you don't see him in training. Ill stick my neck out here, i know that Coppelll said when he saw him " how the hell does that guy play professional football " ( that came from a friend of mine ( not a football fan ) who is best mates with a first team player, and secondly he turns up last every day for training at the gas, headphones on with a real laid back attitude and doesn't seem interested. That was told to me directly by a gas member of staff.

You need a really good attitude to suceed at any kind of high level.

as for your last line, why wouldn't we buy him, he Looked a good prospect, two premier league clubs were close to buying him until we stepped in so he must have had something but plenty of players fail to push on. Look at Gareth Bale, struggled for a long time and almost got sold to a championship club. Now look at him and a lot of it is down to his attitude

You need a really good attitude to suceed at any kind of high level.

as for your last line, why wouldn't we buy him, he Looked a good prospect, two premier league clubs were close to buying him until we stepped in so he must have had something but plenty of players fail to push on. Look at Gareth Bale, struggled for a long time and almost got sold to a championship club. Now look at him and a lot of it is down to his attitude

Well done Whale Eye Beef Hooked, hit the nail on the head their perfectly.

Ask any manager/coach/scout it will always be 'Attitude' first and 'Talent' second. Especially with younger players.

You got too have a real desire to succeed. Listening to Akindes interviews it was clear to me this wasnt the case with him.

He had 15 games when we first signed him where he came off the bench to try and impress. Too inconsistent especially for this level.

Loaning him out the right thing to do at the time. Done well in his first spell at Wycombe in league 2 then struggled with injuries and form at league 1 level with both Wycombe again and then Brentford.

Like Harry said you got too trust the management as after all it's them who see the players everyday in training and know them inside out.

Every signing for a manager is a gamble. Akinde didnt work out plain and simple. He had more than enough opportunities on and off the pitch to impress.

Playing for the sags sums up his current ability.

I fully expect him to be playing for Cheltnham next season with another similar player in Frankie Artus.

Archived