IGNORED

Time To Resign From Fifa

Keepers Ball

Time to resign from FIFA

I really believe it is time the English FA should resign from FIFA.

No doubt many will accuse me of "Sour grapes"..maybe so but theso called sour grapes made me think.

FIFA are corrupt. That much is obvious because too many accusations have been thrown around and yet the accusers have never been as far as im aware, threatened with legal action.

Lets take Jack Warner. This man is the Vice President of FIFA. Not bad considering his experience is from the might that is Trinidad and Tobago !!! I'll bet that job is hard
rolleye0010.gif

The very Mr Warner that was quoted as saying
"England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football"
"For Europe, England is an irritant"
, and that
"Nobody in Europe likes England"
. Furthermore Warner proposed that,
if the World Cup were to be held in Europe, it should be held in Italy, Spain, or France
(countries that last hosted the competition in 1990, 1982 and 1998 respectively).

However, on February 14, 2008, Warner retracted this stance. England's Football Association agreed to visit Trinidad and Tobago to play a friendly against the Trinidad and Tobago national football team on the condition that Warner apologize.

Then there is Warners reaction when accosted by the "Columbo impersonator" for Panorama. Instead of laughing off the accusation or stop to face his accuser face to face he gets riled and spouts " I would spit on you".

What kind of dignitary comes out with something like that ?

This just shows you what kind of man he is. A man who is vice President of FIFA and who i believe will go onto by the actual President

Then there is Blatter. The man who loves the spotlight. The man who likes to keep his snout in the trough. The man who point blankly refused until recently discuss goal-line technology.

This man keeps spouting how he wants the World cup to leave a legacy but how many times? Has he and his successor and God forbid it will probably be Jack Warner, already got an eye on Iraq, Afghanistan and North Korea?

Now onto todays World Cup votes. TWO including one for our very own Geoff Thompson voted for the 2018 world cup to be hosted by England. Im not saying we should have had more votes than anybody but one overseas vote?

England offer more than enough to the world helping third world countries develop.

FA share medical expertise

Medical team travelled to Trinidad on three day trip.

The Football Association visited the Botswana Football Association (BFA) in September to run its International Coaching Award as part of The FA's International Development Programme. Thes visits have been going for 10 years

Nigerian U13s take Wembley tour

Youngsters enjoy trip around the stadium on recent trip to England.

FA youth coach training in Malawi

Instructors lead 36 youth coaches through The FA's Youth Award.

Proof we give plenty.

Lets face it. Time to make a stance.

Maybe such bravery might make other powerful nations follow and once and for all those corrupt men based in a insignificant place called Zurich become redundant

I don't know about being another "powerful nation" but Australia's worthy and straight forward - if rather cheesy -effort , received a miserable one vote in the initial ballot.

This after many reportedly favourable vibes had been received by the delegation in Zurich.

Sour grapes ?

Maybe, but the inevitable conclusion is that they are a devious bunch of er..people.... running FIFA.

Had the "Show me the money" USA bid won the 2022 it would have been ,at least, understandable. But what other influences are at work behind the scenes ?

There should be a better way.

On SSN last night Ken Bates called for England and a few other Euro nations to quit FIFA as it's a two bob organisation. He reckons FIFA without England, France, Spain Germany and a few other Euro nations would be nothing.

Slim chance of it happening though as the WC qualifying games raise money for the home FAs through gate receipts.

Archived