IGNORED

Back To Square One?

Taunton_City

Arn, what a clown you are if you think a New year's Day derby v Cardiff will result in a gate of 13,000 (which would be our lowest of the season). This match is certain to attract 17,000 +. Phantom, because of the nature of the fixture the increase in numbers will also result in a disproportionately high number of trouble makers. Have you ever been to a Cardiff v City match??? I'm amazed anyone could predict that with a lifting of the bubble the match would pass off peacefully. I've been to loads of Severnside derbies home and away and the only ones where there have been no or little trouble have been 'bubble' games.

Sorry to say this but any of you who go to these bubbles,half bubbles( or whatever you want to call them) are mugs.

A lot of us have said time and time again, the only way to stop them is to boycott them.

Thats why i always end up sitting amongst the Taffs when we're in Bardiff. I cant be arsed with the extra hassel of either busses or service stations when i can easily get a ticket in the home end, have a few beers with my mate (Cardiff fan) in cardiff before and after the game before getting the train back to his in Gloucester.

Looking at the images on Sky today, I bet students at the next protest wont have to put up with half the bollocks we've had to put up with for years. No coaches being turned back, no sectin 60's, no bubbles and no banning orders.

Why do we allow ourselves to put up with this bullshit, and even more embarresingly, why do some people think these bubble measures are acceptable?

Exactly. Whilst watching live coverage the other night of students attacking the police, throwing missiles, damaging statues, hurling crash barriers etc, and generally behaving like knobheads (though I have sympathy with their argument), I commented that if a group of football fans were acting in that way, then the police wouldn't have hesitated in using teargas and/or water cannons to disperse them. I bet half the people whingeing about the treatment the students got off the police probably view all football fans as lower life-forms.

Archived