IGNORED

More Evidence?

Esmond Million's Bung

That Maynard is going?

The Evil Post saying Millen might try to keep Vokes on a longer loan. My god has'nt really kicked a ball for us so why waste more money FFS. The only reasons I can think is either Maynard is not going to be fit anytime soon or he has already been sold (pending his return to fitness). As I posted on another thread up until Hughton was sacked I had heard from 2 normally reliable sources that a deal had already been done with Newcastle and part of the deal was he would'nt play competitively again for us.

I wouldn't ever base any theory on something written in the post, they know absolutely nothing.

If the quotes from Keef are correct he's sitting on the fence saying in effect that if Vokes gets fit then he might be interested in bringing him back.

The possibility of a club spending big on a player who has been out injured since last summer seems highly unlikely to me, in fact I'd have thought Haynes, who has quickly dropped from one of our first choice pairing to our fourth choice of late (and that's without Maynard even being fit) might be the one wondering whether he has a future in BS3....

I wouldn't ever base any theory on something written in the post, they know absolutely nothing.

If the quotes from Keef are correct he's sitting on the fence saying in effect that if Vokes gets fit then he might be interested in bringing him back.

The possibility of a club spending big on a player who has been out injured since last summer seems highly unlikely to me, in fact I'd have thought Haynes, who has quickly dropped from one of our first choice pairing to our fourth choice of late (and that's without Maynard even being fit) might be the one wondering whether he has a future in BS3....

Personally think Maynard will be with us for another season,he needs to prove he can do it again,nobody will buy without seeing the goods in action.

Personally think Maynard will be with us for another season,he needs to prove he can do it again,nobody will buy without seeing the goods in action.

This is Fat Ashley the guy who just sacked a successful and popular manager to bring in a manager with more experience and believes that man to be Pardew we are talking about here anything is possible.

This is Fat Ashley the guy who just sacked a successful and popular manager to bring in a manager with more experience and believes that man to be Pardew we are talking about here anything is possible.

can not see it myself,the guy has been out a long time,he will need to put himself back in the shop window.

Speculation based on speculation so I think evidence is a bit generous. The noises Millen has apparently made about Vokes are exactly the non-committal sorts of things I would expect a manager who had no intention of extending his loan to say.

I believe Maynard won't be sold by BCFC for anything less than silly money (£6m and up I would think). Why would Newcastle pay silly money for a striker unproven at the top level who has been out injured for four months with a fairly serious knee problem?

The only scenario I can see Maynard moving in is if he's been tapped up and told the club he won't extend his contract (which has another 18 months plus a one year option to run IIRC) and wants to leave, and I do not think that is the case. He's always seemed humble, sensible and honest.

The possibility of a club spending big on a player who has been out injured since last summer seems highly unlikely to me

Exactly right.

So far Maynard has been a one season wonder in the Championship and has since been out for the best part of 6 month.

It makes me smile whenever the forum is quiet - we see a number of speculative posts based on what the EP is using as a page filler...:rofl2br:

the only scenario I can see Maynard moving in is if he's been tapped up and told the club he won't extend his contract (which has another 18 months plus a one year option to run IIRC) and wants to leave, and I do not think that is the case. He's always seemed humble, sensible and honest.

He's "friends" with the daughter of one of my work colleagues. Humble is not the word I'd use, based on some of the stories I've been told.

That Maynard is going?

The Evil Post saying Millen might try to keep Vokes on a longer loan. My god has'nt really kicked a ball for us so why waste more money FFS. The only reasons I can think is either Maynard is not going to be fit anytime soon or he has already been sold (pending his return to fitness). As I posted on another thread up until Hughton was sacked I had heard from 2 normally reliable sources that a deal had already been done with Newcastle and part of the deal was he would'nt play competitively again for us.

I give you 250/1 he still here to the the end of the season.

Won't be gone until End of Season at earliest, for the fee we are going to want for him and the injury he's had it's very unlikely that any club will take the risk.

That said, firmly believe Pitman is Maynard's replacement, unfortunately I can't see Maynard signing for a new deal unless we hit play-offs this season (which I still believe is possible)

£5-6m offer and he'll be gone I fear. but not until the summer.

As for Vokes, considering he's been injured I'd expect Wolves to do us a deal to make it worth the risk for us if we wanted to keep him for rest of the season. Pay as you play almost. After the Velicka saga last season I can see Lansdown being VERY cautious on this one.

Exactly right.

So far Maynard has been a one season wonder in the Championship and has since been out for the best part of 6 month.

It makes me smile whenever the forum is quiet - we see a number of speculative posts based on what the EP is using as a page filler...:rofl2br:

or speculative posts about KM's role at BCFC for the past 4 years (according to you)

2+2=5

Vokes might stay you need four decent strikers lets look at who we've got

Stead (hard worker not a goal scorer will score between 8 - 15 a season)

Maynard ( A 20 goal a season striker in the making will play at the top level)

Clarkson (Lazy striker who pops up with the odd goal if anyone is leaving its him)

Akinide (not good enough at league one lvl)

Jackson (not good enough at League 2 lvl)

Haynes (more of a winger doesn't look happy since johnson left will prob move)

Pitman (young like maynard unproven)

You need at least 4 strikers we have 6 with 3 of them likely to leave which is why there is talk about vokes staying

Vokes is a different type of player to the strikers we have, a genuine target man. Stead is often seen in that light, but his game is different. Then we will have Maynard and Pittman. 4 strikers. Clarkson is unlikely to feature long term, and Haynes will battle for a place on the right wing, where he is arguably better. Maynard will not go anywhere until he is fit and scoring goals, and after his injury, that is likely to be in the summer if at all.

Stead and Vokes can both do a better than adequate job as a target man but both have more to their game than that and are hard workers who are clever at linking play. Neither will score 20, but both should get 12-15 and lead the line supporting an out and out goalscorer. You would only ever play one of them so I can't really say I see what this difference is.

Haynes I agree is better on the right or the right of a front three but he will be cover for JCR as backup for Adomah because both are better than him at providing. He will be largely used off the bench against tiring defences or on tight games where we need energy.

Clarkson will be gone, yes, but I doubt in January. Pitman and Maynard on his return will be competing for the spot alongside Stead. I think it's obvious Vokes won't get extended because he's had a serious injury and would be too expensive a player to have when we have five other strikers even if he does offer something marginally different to Stead.

2+2=5

Vokes might stay you need four decent strikers lets look at who we've got

Stead (hard worker not a goal scorer will score between 8 - 15 a season)

Maynard ( A 20 goal a season striker in the making will play at the top level)

Clarkson (Lazy striker who pops up with the odd goal if anyone is leaving its him)

Akinide (not good enough at league one lvl)

Jackson (not good enough at League 2 lvl)

Haynes (more of a winger doesn't look happy since johnson left will prob move)

Pitman (young like maynard unproven)

You need at least 4 strikers we have 6 with 3 of them likely to leave which is why there is talk about vokes staying

Now that makes sense.

He's "friends" with the daughter of one of my work colleagues. Humble is not the word I'd use, based on some of the stories I've been told.

He turned up to negotiate his contract here with his mum, no agent.

That says it all to me.

I've only met him a couple of times (not at club events btw) but he didn't give a different impression to the one you'd get watching his interviews.

Surely it's as simple as:

Vokes = Cover for Stead

Pitman (whilst also being a investment for the future)/Clarky = cover for Maynard

Has anyone ever heard of squad depth before???!!!

Why does it all have to mean someone is being sold? If we didn't have that depth you'd all be on here shi//ing yourself's that we don't have enough cover, when we have cover options your on here shi//ing yourself's that someones being sold??!!

Surely it's as simple as:

Vokes = Cover for Stead

Pitman (whilst also being a investment for the future)/Clarky = cover for Maynard

Has anyone ever heard of squad depth before???!!!

Why does it all have to mean someone is being sold? If we didn't have that depth you'd all be on here shi//ing yourself's that we don't have enough cover, when we have cover options your on here shi//ing yourself's that someones being sold??!!

I take it from your post you believe Maynard will sign a new contract?, whatever happens if Maynard dosen't sign a new contract he will almost certainly be gone within 6 months (unless he decides just to see his contract out) At the start of next season every month that passes and he dosen't sign a new contract his value will diminish.

The same could be said about Mcarthy at Wolves a manager desperate for firepower and KM thinking about extending Vokes loan.

McCarthy's previous stated City target was Marvin Elliot so maybe he's still holding a torch for him?

Maynard would surely tell Wolves where to go.

My bet is Maynard will end up at a big club, but not a top 6 regular - someone like Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland or Aston Villa.

He's a far better player than Beckford, would be a perfect foil for Carroll, and if Newcastle are interested it would be a great coup for Bruce to beat them to his signature.

As for Villa, just a hunch - he looks like their sort of player and would fit in well there.

Outsiders - QPR at the end of the season. After THAT goal and with all that money Warnock might well fancy annoying us by snapping him up.

Archived