IGNORED

Spare A Thought For Rushden And Diamonds

Dollymarie

I dont know the circumstances, but got this from their official website. Tonights FA trophy replay game against Eastwood Town was called off

CLUB STATEMENT

It is with great sadness that this afternoon our England-C goalkeeper Dale Roberts passed away, our thoughts and prayers at this time go to his parents, family and friends.

Gary Calder

Chairman

CLOSE STATEMENT

I was so happy knowing that Rovers score, but thats devastating news, only 24? Something must not be right with all these young footballers dieing.

EDIT: Just read it was a car crash, RIP Dale Roberts thoughts are with the family.

Not sure where you have heard that CiderArmy, but that's wrong. The lad wasn't killed in a road accident. Sadly it looks as if he has taken his own life and the police are treating it as suicide. He was found by friends earlier this afternoon.

Not sure where you have heard that CiderArmy, but that's wrong. The lad wasn't killed in a road accident. Sadly it looks as if he has taken his own life and the police are treating it as suicide. He was found by friends earlier this afternoon.

Really? Oh dear thats worse, I just read it on a 606 board that he was involved in a car crash, devastating.

I know not strictly City related but part of our football "world".

Just read that Dale Roberts (ex Forest) goalkeeper, 24, who was now playing for Rushden passed away suddenly yesterday afternoon.

Im sure that all City fans join with me in sending our deepest sympathies at such a tragic loss to both his family and all at Rushden and Diamonds.

PUTS ALL OUR PROBLEMS INTO PERSPECTIVE.

RIP Dale

His wiki page would indicate his missus was having an affair with a team mate........John Terry's brother Paul.

Tragic news, at 24 you can't think life would be so bad that you would need to take your own life.

RIP.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/05/20/john-terry-s-brother-paul-is-having-an-affair-with-a-team-mate-s-girlfriend-115875-22270690/

Tragic news to see someone so young pass away and in such tragic circumstances.

Sadly, it does seem goalkeeper's are more prone to suicide. But let's hope the incidents of earlier this year have not been a factor.

RIP Dale Roberts. Thoughts go to the family and to the club.

PS Is someone able to send a message on behalf of OTIB to Rushden/their fans' forum?

I've put a message on the Supporters Direct group with a link to this thread and a message of condolence on behalf of us. I can't see a message board (although I didn't look hard) which is why I did it that way.

Very sad news. Nice lad who's feet were firmly on the ground - God bless Dale, sleep tight.

If you want to leave a message, you could try here.

http://dale.roberts.gonetoosoon.org/

Archived